eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buyer Having Problem Paying From Invoice??

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SandysGifts View Post
    shouldn't all payment types accepted come over to the listing automatically if you have them checked in default and preferences?
    If you used that set of Defaults when you started the auction, yes.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Parkgate Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View MHTTrading's Feedback (+3556)
    All-About MHTTrading
    View MHTTrading's Listings
    Forum Posts

We had a simlar problem this week where the buyer couldn't find the paypal button... to be honest I'm getting pretty fed up with all these glitches I'm beginning to wonder if its worth the effort to continue with E-bid
    Another thing that bugs me is that when you sell something that has been sold previously the whole history of transactions appear with the latest sale right at the bottom, personally once the payment has been made, and goods despatched the transaction is complete and should vanish from the list.

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by act View Post
    We had a simlar problem this week where the buyer couldn't find the paypal button...
    Let us have the details and we will investigate.
    eBid.net

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Tony
    i have just started editing all my listings some are checked correctly and some are not checked
    If an auction does not have a payment method listed then the payment button won't be shown for that method. We can't go against the rules you set when you start the auction I'm afraid.

If you set a payment method when listing an item and it appears on the Preview page but not on the Live auction page then let us know the ID of the auction and we will investigate.

Thx.
    eBid.net

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    If an auction does not have a payment method listed then the payment button won't be shown for that method. We can't go against the rules you set when you start the auction I'm afraid.

If you set a payment method when listing an item and it appears on the Preview page but not on the Live auction page then let us know the ID of the auction and we will investigate.

Thx.

Gazza
    i do understand that ....but if i had them checked as my defaults which i did ( and never checked checks accepted but it is checked on some of the listings) then what has happened in the process of listing for those payment choices......like you stated they should have automatically transfered over otherwise what would be the sense in putting them in as defaults......also now there is no way to batch edit them for payment option section...right?? They all have to be checked individually is that correct??

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gazza
    i do understand that ....but if i had them checked as my defaults which i did ( and never checked checks accepted but it is checked on some of the listings) then what has happened in the process of listing for those payment choices......like you stated they should have automatically transfered over otherwise what would be the sense in putting them in as defaults......also now there is no way to batch edit them for payment option section...right?? They all have to be checked individually is that correct??
    There's something about the way you're using the "defaults" word there that makes me wonder if you quite understand how defaults work here. Are you aware that in "my defaults" you create dummy listings that you then use to make real listings by using the "populate" option on the listing form? Only when you do that are your default values (from whichever set you select) brought into the listing. If you don't populate your payment options will only be those you choose on the form for that item.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

You also need to ensure you have ticked the box (arrowed below) on any set that you wish those defaults to be inserted on the creation of any new listing.

Attachment 18672

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Try our My Bulk Edit function, it should be able to update all your auctions in one go.
    eBid.net

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    There's something about the way you're using the "defaults" word there that makes me wonder if you quite understand how defaults work here. Are you aware that in "my defaults" you create dummy listings that you then use to make real listings by using the "populate" option on the listing form? Only when you do that are your default values (from whichever set you select) brought into the listing. If you don't populate your payment options will only be those you choose on the form for that item.
    Good Morning Gazza
    I understand default to work as a prefilled field in a dummy listing Info which always remains the same unless i change it } that then transfers to a listing you are going to make live so you don't have to retype that information in each listing to save you time....are you stating that is incorrect??
    And i still do not understand how CHECKS ACCEPTED box is getting a check mark in it.....sorry if i seem to be so such a senior (which i am) but just want to be clear on this....do i have to be putting check marks in payment options on all my listings before i apply the listing to live????

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good Morning Gazza
    Blimey, a sex change and a new name in one go. ;o)
    I understand default to work as a prefilled field in a dummy listing Info which always remains the same unless i change it } that then transfers to a listing you are going to make live so you don't have to retype that information in each listing to save you time....are you stating that is incorrect??
    I'm not Gazza, but I'm the person you're quoting so presumably it's me you're asking. *smile* That's okay as far as it goes, but you have to tell the system that you wish to use those default values when you make a listing. You either do this by, as Astral said up there, ticking the box to say "use this default" - then that default set will be pulled in automatically each time you make a new listing - or by, as I said, clicking on the "populate" option and choosing the set to apply. If you don't do one or other of those your defaults will just sit there unused.

And i still do not understand how CHECKS ACCEPTED box is getting a check mark in it.....sorry if i seem to be so such a senior (which i am) but just want to be clear on this....do i have to be putting check marks in payment options on all my listings before i apply the listing to live????
    I have no idea what you're might be doing (or in what way the system might be going wrong) that's causing that to happen, I'm afraid.

Thread Information