Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: PPPAY - Marked as Paid Dispute

Forum Newbie
    All-About dluckett
    View dluckett's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default PPPAY - Marked as Paid Dispute

This is the first time I have used EBID and PPPAY.

I won the auction and made a payment via PPPAY, not the seller has marked this as Paid Dispute. Even though PPAY have taken the money from my account.

How can I check with PPPAY what is happening?

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm assuming the seller took PPPay as payment. If you go into your PPPay account https://www.pppay.com/member_centre.php
    it will tell you what's going on.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

The seller added a Payment not received dispute as you had not verified the payment with PPPay as it was your first payment using this method. The seller was over zealous in doing this, they could have simply asked you a question.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    The seller added a Payment not received dispute as you had not verified the payment with PPPay as it was your first payment using this method. The seller was over zealous in doing this, they could have simply asked you a question.
    However if you made the pppay process a lot easier then more would use it. I no longer take pppay due to how complex it is for brand new users, and as I disagree with having to do a fresh penny check for an updated card.

I used to really like pppay, but now I don't due to the reasons stated and I am not alone.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    However if you made the pppay process a lot easier then more would use it. I no longer take pppay due to how complex it is for brand new users, and as I disagree with having to do a fresh penny check for an updated card.

I used to really like pppay, but now I don't due to the reasons stated and I am not alone.
    I'll reiterate what I said here.

Forum Lurker
    View Pendipity's Feedback (+191)
    All-About Pendipity
    View Pendipity's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also have stopped offering pppay, for all the reasons above plus the charge for transferring funds to your bank. As ebid is the only place you can spend pppay funds I think it is important to be able to transfer funds free to bank accounts. Pay pal dont charge for transferring and their penny checks are much cheaper (they are penny checks and not pound checks). If pppay were more competitve than Pay Pal without all these hidded charges it may prove more popular. Also its absurb not to be able to pay your Ebid fees with pppay! Gazza please try to sort it as I'm sure a viable alternative to Pay Pal would be most welcome.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't offer pppay any more to much of a pain in the ???? for newbies who think they have paid and you can't get it through to them about the verification process
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent, United Kingdom
    View jane6905's Feedback (+195)
    All-About jane6905
    View jane6905's Listings
    Forum Posts

I haven't had any of the problem you all state with pppay... infact when my new card arrived and i changed the details that was that done and dusted and over in a matter of 24 hours... paypal however... they didn't update my card details, couldn't get the concept of someone moving house and having a card in a short time frame and then began to charge me for the privilage of phoneing them to sort their administrative error out!

I gave up and just didn't bother with that paypal account again... and in future? if i need to change card details and they muck me about like they did before... I'll do the same!

Janey x

Thread Information