Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Is this good for anything? (besides the obvious?)

Forum Lurker
    View millenniums's Feedback (+4)
    All-About millenniums
    View millenniums's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Is this good for anything? (besides the obvious?)

I have had this for so long I honestly don't remember where I bought it. I think it was London in 1966-7 when I was in the US Navy. I'm assuming Ebid has restrictions about selling alcohol, so what's it worth if I decide to empty it?
    Sorry about the photo size. It's my first attempt to add a photo to a thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wouldn't like to say as to how much it's worth. But I am sure there are people who collect things like this. So you may as well list it after doing a little research to g help you decide how much to ask for. Even if it's only a $

Very interesting! Never saw one of these anywhere!

Not sure about selling alcohol here, you would have to look that up. And another problem is that the USPS will not allow you to ship liquids by air. You must use a truck (i.e. Parcel Post). So keep that in mind too.You could never ship the full bottle back to UK for example. I would think that the container is a collectable, and gosh it is 50 years old so there is some collector who will easily take this off your hands. Google it and see what you find. Might locate a bottle collector's site and be able to price it.

Let us know what happens!

you are between a rock and a hard place.... I dont think you can sell alcohol here, but by the same token the jug/bottle is worth a lot more if it iis unopened than if it is empty....

It might be one of those cases of seeing what your local (B&M) auction house thinks about it.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    you are between a rock and a hard place.... I dont think you can sell alcohol here...
    From memory the rules state that you can if the value is in the container and not the contents and the value is greater than the cost of buying the same alcohol retail.

Thread Information