eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: The clock is ticking!

Forum Lurker
    View millenniums's Feedback (+4)
    All-About millenniums
    View millenniums's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile The clock is ticking!

I had 150 auctions running for a week scheduled to start at first bid. Seemed like a good idea. Lots of views, but so far no bids. Today I rescheduled all of them to start immediately. In one week I will either become a life member or simply move on. The clock is ticking....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hallo Rudy,

Before you let the clock tick tock itself dead I would like to mention 3 things that stuck out when I checked out your listings.

1. All your titles are in capital letters. Google do not like that and will reject the listings. Try and amend all your titles into 'proper grammar' ie

ANCIENT ROMAN STYLE BRONZE TWO-HEADED SNAKE RING!

Could be

Ancient Roman style bronze two headed snake ring

added exclamations etc are a waste of time

2. You should offer Buy Now prices for Google to pick up in their search engines for Google shopping. Without BN prices, your listings will be ignored and get no exposure.

3. Why is your shipping so high? $8 priority mail for a ring weighing 4 grams? I would think First Class mail with insurance would be cheaper at least for USA customers.

I hope this will help you to decide what to do about your future on eBid.

PS: I do like your Me Page, very interesting to read and very friendly.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by millenniums View Post
    I had 150 auctions running for a week scheduled to start at first bid. Seemed like a good idea. Lots of views, but so far no bids. Today I rescheduled all of them to start immediately. In one week I will either become a life member or simply move on. The clock is ticking....
    Wrong strategy, wont work! If you carry on that way you'll move from site to site, conclude that none of them work and give up. You may as well save yourself the trouble and give up now.

The best strategy is BIN and wait. If your type of stuff hasn't been listed before (good quality and in quantity) it takes a while for the right people to discover that it's appearing here.

I agree with Kedo. It takes longer than two weeks and a bit of effort on your part to get yourself established on any alternative site to the big one which has the ready made audience.

I did what you did and returned to selling on eBid in 2008 and as you can see from my feedback, which isn't imported, there are sales to be made here if you are willing to do some promotional work. My feedback would be a lot higher too but of course a lot of buyers don't bother to leave any.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    My feedback would be a lot higher too but of course a lot of buyers don't bother to leave any.
    If everyone left feedback I'd have a chance of winning one of the buddy auctions this month!

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

First bid is rubbish... best to list for 11 days and let auctions auto re-run max number of times (11 days Gets you google coverage! Also look here............http://meetup.ebid.net/group.php?do=...iscussionid=30

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Forum Lurker
    View millenniums's Feedback (+4)
    All-About millenniums
    View millenniums's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you to everyone who wrote! I've always used all caps because it's cheaper than a bold listing, but now I understand. I'm going to be busy editing today. Luckily for me it's VERY EASY to edit auctions on Ebid. Thanks again, Rudy

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes go Rudy!

We all need to stick in here and build up ebid.

Ebid is much easier to list than ebay.

And I find that I do get views by going Buy It Now for 7 or 10 days. And if you join as a lifetime seller you can leave your listings on here for ages, with no work and no expense !

And all CAPS is very hard to read.

But a lot of the sales on here come from forum posts and ebid members. (sadly)

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by millenniums View Post
    Thank you to everyone who wrote! I've always used all caps because it's cheaper than a bold listing, but now I understand. I'm going to be busy editing today. Luckily for me it's VERY EASY to edit auctions on Ebid. Thanks again, Rudy
    Wow! I'm stunned. You most certainly have been busy and have taken the advice given and acted on it. Well done Rudy!
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 16th July 2010 at 03:45 AM.

Always remember the buyer base is different here and to be successful you have to cater to those google buyers who follow the items into ebid. They buy everywhere on web, and want lots of info, discounts for multiples, and good photos. In order to get on google and have it use your items, you need to have solid keywords, few CAPS, and solid descriptions too. People search on descriptions too, and google picks out some of it as a leadin to your item.

Google works best with more items, you should keep adding more items and this will generate more sales as google gets you more cyberspace attention. Generally the more you list, the more you sell because of this. I have appox. 550 listings which generate about 5 sales a day. At 125 you might not get daily sales and may have to expand your listings until you reach point where the sales come daily (or whatever amount you want to sell at).

We also get buyers from ebid, old feebay buyers and can do our own marketing too. Hit all four of those areas and you will have sales here. Forum tips will help you with that. Someone is always here to help you!

Thread Information