My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Anybody no what TAGGIES are

Default Anybody no what TAGGIES are

Hi everbody I read the no 1 thead which is getting very lonely so I thought I would start one.
    I am stewart from and sell baby products having listed for some time on e-bid with no sales whats gone wrong
    I now have a new range of TAGGIES with a new look pages and need feedback and suggestions. So if anyone can help please help me.
    By the way I hope no 1 theads attic is clear I wish mine was.

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?typ...le=Kiddy-Gifts

Quote Originally Posted by kiddygifts View Post
    Hi everbody I read the no 1 thead which is getting very lonely so I thought I would start one.
    I am stewart from and sell baby products having listed for some time on e-bid with no sales whats gone wrong
    I now have a new range of TAGGIES with a new look pages and need feedback and suggestions. So if anyone can help please help me.
    By the way I hope no 1 theads attic is clear I wish mine was.

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?typ...le=Kiddy-Gifts
    Get rid of the RunTilSold for at least some of your items, RunTilSold items come after normal countdown listings in search, yours may be the only taggies on the site, (I haven't checked) so it wouldn't affect your search visibility if that word was used for the search, but not if searched for using any of the other words you use in your titles.

Normal countdown listings, will move up the search results page, as the time left to run decreases, they also have the chance of being featured, on closing (& new when they repost) listings on the frontpage & the forums.
    This also helps with impulse buys.
    The ideal time varies according to who you are speaking to, but as yours are BuyNow only the length of time you choose is less important, than if you were offering auctions as well, you can also use up to 10 automatic reposts.
    Ideally you need to try & spread the timings out, so you don't get batches of good visibility, & then none.

Think about your titles, to me a comforter is American, & I'd never search for it, I'd use blanket.
    eBid basic search only uses the title, so I'd lose comforter from the title for at least half of them, unless there was room for both, as long as it's in the description Google & Google Shopping will search both, so you won't lose out there by changing things. For your baby toys, have you got both baby & toy in the title, if it's not there, I won't find it using basic search.

Google Shopping doesn't like titles in all capital letters, & were rejecting some uploads, now the items are uploaded, with the titles changed to a mixture of upper & lowercase. I think this is done by software at eBid's end, sometimes it works, & sometimes it makes a total pigs ear of it.
    If you can, it's better if you change the titles yourself.

Are your baby blankets gifts & toys?
    I think they should be listed under furniture cots & bedding, if I was browsing that is where I'd look.

For me as a buyer, (& I know not everyone is the same) free shipping only works, if I only buy one item.
    I know that I'm paying for it somewhere in the price, so when I look at items I work on the cost of the item plus shipping to decide who to buy from.
    If I buy 2 or more items I know that many sellers will reduce the postage price accordingly, that cannot be done with free shipping.
    Yes I know you offer a free toy for buying 2 products.
    What is a Musical Little Bundle soft toy? A picture would be good, even with the disclaimer, that the item sent may not be exactly the same as the one in the illustration.

Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Definately as Gothicina says

I think it pays to advertise at a lower BIN price than feebay and charge a fair price for postage.

That way your eBid items will be top of the google search for lowest price,

Sorry but don't understand why some of your things are higher priced here as fees are so much lower
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Hi
    Thank you for your comments which I have taken on board. I can see some of your points are worth looking at and I will change those. I find some sites look at listing very differently and this is why I asked for feedback which I have found very helpful. I will now review my listing and tweek on Monday so any further comments after Monday would be appricated.

Kind Regards
    Stewart

I agree with Gothicina too. ebid sellers rely on attracting buyers from outside of ebid. Once they are attracted, the item has to be good enough to close the deal. You had just enough wrong to get no sales here, and so it is important to make all these changes now.

I got a slightly negative vibe looking at your About Seller page and at your listing descriptions. I came in cold just like a potential buyer and was not tempted to buy. See below:

Seller page: Does not make sense to me. If you are a big company with a big warehouse, why are the prices so high? A $20 kid's ball? I don't think buyers are impressed with sellers of huge businesses, they like the human, personal touch of smaller businesses, as they believe that company will give them better service. So if you are indeed operating this business alone, good to tell potential buyers that and to give some personal information. That approach sells more items than mentioning the items are stored in a HUGE warehouse. So redo the About seller page to be friendlier.

Listings: google shoppers love to buy multiple items if it is worth their while. Majority of my buyers buy more than one. Why? Because I offer discount on second items, plus free shipping on second item AND a smidge more discount on all other items! Pays to buy 2 or 3 or more. So including shipping does not go over well here. I believe buyers always look at price and compare it to what they think item is worth. With shipping included buyers don't know if they are buying a $5 toy with $15 shipping or a $25 toy with $2 shipping. Makes a difference.

Also, your descriptions need more information. Right now they give little information about the item. Kid's ball does not say if cotton or poly, same with kid's blanket/comforter (in US comforter is stuffed with filler and is very thick). Big difference between cotton and polyester some people refuse to buy poly (I don't sell any poly tablecloths, the linen ones are greatly sought after, after that is cotton but poly does not sell at all). The measurements are missing or only in cm, which Americans do not understand. Nice to have both. You don't have care instructions, tell us about the company (Taggies not sold in US), so I don't know if the ball will be size of melon or grape tomato. If you sell high end things, you need to tell people why they are high end. Not just assume they will know. Google buyers shop all over the web and want all the information right there. If it is not in the listing, they pass it by. You need to really expand the listings and pack with information.

Good to offer a discount if they buy more, and make it very clear in your listing or banner. Don't just hint at discount, tell them "I discount 25% off of second item and free shipping on second item).

Read all the seller hints on forums, plus those suggested here (personalized just for you) and make some changes. I think it is best to make the changes as soon as you come on ebid because then you will lose fewer potential customers. Most people will look once and never come back again. "He is the guy with the high shipping cost". Not too late, do it quick and hope that they will forget they passed you by already.

Hi
    Thank you for your comments on my listing. I am a little confused over some of your comments and I have acted on others.
    Suprise number 1 is that you say taggies is not sold in the states but it is a USA product sold worldwide.
    Suprise number 2 is you mention of price we sell below the RRP in the UK and are the number 1 seller of Taggies on the internet in the UK
    Our description are short because our exprience shows people do not read above two or three lines before they turn off.
    The size of the ball mentioned is in cm as this is the international measuring stick and very few countries now use feet & inches.
    I take on board your coment about multi items and I will look into this side
    I have also adjusted delivery cost to be more relevent.
    Although I do not agree on some of your points thank you very much for your comments.

Kind regards
    Stewart
    Kiddygifts

All-About brassedoff
    View brassedoff's Listings
    Forum Posts

As a potential buyer you are expecting me to pay *£14.49 (pink rabbit) here but offer the same item at *£11.95 elsewhere! (*google shopping search results for Taggies pink rabbit) If I wanted the item I would not purchase it on this site would I. May I suggest that you reverse your placement priseing if you want to grow your operation on this site. There are financial benefits for sellers using this site so it would seem beneficial to promote your eBid operation.

Thread Information