Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    I think it is reasonable for all of us to be expected to take care of our listings.

I think that is is reasonable for all of us to be expected to take care of our customers.

So if the responsible sellers are doing their job how do we deal with the ones who don't do either of these things?
    Require users to sign in within a specified time. If they don't sign-in, close their listings. When, and if, they ever sign in again, they can relist their items. Simple.

High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View redkiteshoard's Feedback (+3018)
    All-About redkiteshoard
    View redkiteshoard's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Require users to sign in within a specified time. If they don't sign-in, close their listings. When, and if, they ever sign in again, they can relist their items. Simple.
    Yep,
    As Florida says. It`s a really simple first step and would go a long way to sorting the problem.
    I think most of the views and thoughts have been aired, maybe admin could just give us some indication that something will be done. That would be the courteous thing to do after all.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are none so deaf as those that refuse to listen.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    There are none so deaf as those that refuse to listen.
    Pardon?

This thread is now on page 31.... This topic has had more threads started than any other I can think of... it has had pages and pages of posts with everyone saying (more of less) the same thing.... DUMP AND RUN MERCHANTS ARE BAD FOR THE SITE.... there has been more complaints from buyers about dump and run sellers, and the fact that they have paid them and never received their goods than anything else I can think of….

Therefore it is quite clear (to me anyway) that the management are not going to take a blind bit of notice of any requests, or the wishes of their members to do anything about it, and will just let the listings stand (after all it looks good having 100,000’s of listings on a site)….

Which is fine, it is after all their site, but if every buyer who is “ripped off” by a “dump and run seller” tells 10 other people not to use the site because of that, and you then multiply that by the number of “ripped off” buyers (both those we know about and those that just stick two fingers up at the site and never come back) that equates to 1,000’s of potential buyers that don’t join and don’t buy from the site, which in turn equates to £100’s if not £1,000’s of pounds in lost revenue for the “owners” of the site in the way of commissions from the sellers.

But like I said… It’s their site they can do as they want.

Also by the same token, a seller who does not sell enough here to make it worth their while staying can also “walk away” from the site and go to where the sales are… This in turn loses the owners of the site even more money

I reported a seller yesterday from whom I had bought something and never heard from. The admin sorted it out within a few hours. One less deadbeat seller to mess things up here.
    So, folks, that's one way to deal with these people - one by one.

Andy

http://onlinetoyland.ebid.net (Toys & Gadgets)

http://onlinediy.ebid.net (DIY Stuff)

http://onlinestlye.ebid.net (Style & Fashion)

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    This thread is now on page 31.... This topic has had more threads started than any other I can think of... it has had pages and pages of posts with everyone saying (more of less) the same thing.... DUMP AND RUN MERCHANTS ARE BAD FOR THE SITE.... there has been more complaints from buyers about dump and run sellers, and the fact that they have paid them and never received their goods than anything else I can think of….

Therefore it is quite clear (to me anyway) that the management are not going to take a blind bit of notice of any requests, or the wishes of their members to do anything about it, and will just let the listings stand (after all it looks good having 100,000’s of listings on a site)….

Which is fine, it is after all their site, but if every buyer who is “ripped off” by a “dump and run seller” tells 10 other people not to use the site because of that, and you then multiply that by the number of “ripped off” buyers (both those we know about and those that just stick two fingers up at the site and never come back) that equates to 1,000’s of potential buyers that don’t join and don’t buy from the site, which in turn equates to £100’s if not £1,000’s of pounds in lost revenue for the “owners” of the site in the way of commissions from the sellers.

But like I said… It’s their site they can do as they want.

Also by the same token, a seller who does not sell enough here to make it worth their while staying can also “walk away” from the site and go to where the sales are… This in turn loses the owners of the site even more money

Here here... well said somers !!!

Fishing that is great of G&M to act so quickly, I have also found they generally do in these circumstances but it still isn't good for any new customers to go through. And really it isn't up to us to report all the deadbeat sellers when there is a simple solutions to most of it as already suggested many times in this thread

If I didn't already belong here and knew the ropes and had some of the experiences I have with some sellers I would not have bought from eBid again.
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fishingmathsman View Post
    I reported a seller yesterday from whom I had bought something and never heard from. The admin sorted it out within a few hours. One less deadbeat seller to mess things up here.
    So, folks, that's one way to deal with these people - one by one.

Andy
    Afraid I'm not getting younger so may not live long enough to see us get rid of all of them one by one.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Afraid I'm not getting younger so may not live long enough to see us get rid of all of them one by one.
    At the moment that seems to be the only option open to us. Not a very good solution to the problem but better than doing nothing.

Forum Lurker
    View Triumph7's Feedback (+15)
    All-About Triumph7
    View Triumph7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    I'm not having a pop at anyone but the simple fact is that despite ebays best attempts to alienate all its customers Ebid has made no serious progress in a long time.
    My sales are a fraction of what I can achieve on ebay,true the fees are much lower but I sell for a living not a hobby and a business has overheads that have to be covered.Sadly I can't afford the time to spend on the thrashing of an equine I mentioned earlier.maybe thats why there are so many cut and run sellers,maybe I'll even become one. I can spend time on my own web site,time listing on ebay and ecrater.
    I wish I had faith in ebid but I just don't anymore,it really isn't worth the bother (for me).
    I'm in exactly the same frame of mind. Times are better spent on the parts of our business that DO work.
    Once my listings have finished, that's it for me! I may have a look at this site agian in a couple of years time. But to be honest......I don't think it will still be here. If it can't make it in ten years or more, it never will.

Thread Information