Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If a good solution is put in place, and several have been suggested over the years, there is no reason to suppose the problem will come back, because the solution will still be there. I haven't seen any suggestions that a "one off" purge is the answer, but maybe I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    On several sports sites I am a member of........

I get an automated email once every 2 months.
    All it says is along the following lines.......

We notice you have not logged into your a/c for 2 months.
    Please click on the link below to verify that you are still an active member.

All it takes is 30 seconds to click on the link and sign in.
    Seems like a reasonable solution to me. If seller can't take 30 seconds to respond, their items can be closed [not deleted] and they can restart them when they eventually log in.

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Seems like a reasonable solution to me. If seller can't take 30 seconds to respond, their items can be closed [not deleted] and they can restart them when they eventually log in.
    That seems to me to be the best solution to me. It gives them a chance to take care of business. No response in a reasonable time and put everything on hold. If they come back later and want to restart things everything will be there to work with. The message will be there that if you don't attend to your store we will close it for you.

I am not a programmer so I have no idea how difficult it is to make this sort of change. What looks to me like a simple thing may not be that easy.

Forum Lurker
    View constanta2010's Feedback (+18)
    All-About constanta2010
    View constanta2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Surely it would be simple to write a program that would identify all sellers with items listed for sale that haven't logged in for a certain amount of time: then simply delete their listings. Sounds simple, but I'm not sure if it is or not.

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Totally agree. That and the type of thing I have just run into.

I've been trying to buy some Betty Boop stuff for a friend who is rather obsessed with BB. On Monday just after 7.00pm, I asked a question of a seller. On Wednesday around 5.30pm, I asked another question of the same seller with regards to both BB items they have for sale. I'm still awaiting an answer. Again on Wednesday between 8.30 - 9.00 pm I asked THREE sellers questions re BB items they are SUPPOSED to be selling. I'm still waiting for answers. I think this is absolutely pathetic - five items, four different sellers and not ONE has had the decency to respond! I don't expect anyone to be sitting in front of their PC's 24/7 but civility costs nothing and SURELY they check their emails daily? The first thing I do each day when I switch on my PC - check emails, especially anything from eBid. If I've got a question or a bid I want to deal with it quickly, not leave potential customers in the lurch. If I've been lucky enough to sell something, I want to get item posted ASAP.

Time for change,
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

That is exactly the kind of thing that turns customers away.

Yikes, if you as an experienced eBid person are frustrated can you imagine what a first time buyer would feel like? Goodbye customer and probably all of customer's friends!
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

I have to agree 110%. If a person is just using emails as a way to "keep up" their store, it does affect ebid in a negative way. But the problem that KAYS6912 is facing doesn't even sound like that person is using their emails. I think the best way is to alert the seller by email that there has been no log in activity to there store in (1 month, 2 months, whatever ebid sees fit) & if they wish to keep the store running than they need to log in once a week at the very minimum. Let them know at that time that if they do not log in and attend the store or close it within a ? (reasonable amount of time), it will be closed by ebid. It can turn off a buyer & they will go elsewhere! Customer service should be a top priority for sellers & if they are not here, there is none!!

Spent some time in the Buying and Bidding Forum last night and there are way too many complaints from potential buyers about unresponsive sellers. Actually 1 would be tooooooooo many. I have not yet recieved an answer from the seller I have sent a question to. Still waiting!

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

This just has to be corrected, again ASAP. I as a real-pro-seller can really tell why items I have for sale have not sold... it is not me so it has to be this site, period.
    Garbage turns off lookers.. another, period.

We have to keep the thread going and there also needs to be more concerned sellers. Very few of the experienced sellers are weighing in on this issue. Thanks to the ones that have. Us newbies welcome your support.

Thread Information