Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Folks , sorry to say that I feel eBid will do .nothing about this problem , the reason??? just plain lack of numbers.. have a look at the number of members , or not even the number of members , just the ones on line .,,then look at the number of votes on this issue ( 48 ) ....no way are eBid going to change anything .. I am afraid it is just the usual members who are saying something and getting nowhere....too many excuses for leaving the offending store on here...there are more guests on here than there are members.....yes we need , really need the guests .... they are possible buyers ....but as has been said in most of the posts...seeing all the items that are not available does no good....and they tell their friends they place is a waste of time ... it is no surprise the buyers are not here....in the numbers they should be ....eBid , Please , get rid of the non performing stores........papa.

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Thrashing a deceased equine.
    Why do you think it can't be dealt with? Has it been an issue before this thread?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    Why do you think it can't be dealt with? Has it been an issue before this thread?
    Over and over again.

It is not a matter that it can't be dealt with it is a refusal by admin to do so. They cannot be unaware of the views of active sellers about deadwood sellers on the site - they have been expressed enough times on enough threads. For reasons best know to themselves they choose not to address the issue in any effective manner. Until they are ready to act then no amount of prodding is likely to have any effect.

By all means keep trying if you wish but I gave up ages ago and haven't bothered voting again on this thread.

It has been an issue for quite a while and there have been other threads before this one. For some unknown reason admin does nothing about the problem. Before the last update it was much easier to see when a seller had last logged into their store [it wasn't hidden like it is now]. Many of us asked admin to change that portion of the update 'back' so potential buyers could more easily see when a seller had logged in. But nothing was done about that either.

So it isn't that admin doesn't know about the issue/problem, they just don't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    It has been an issue for quite a while and there have been other threads before this one. For some unknown reason admin does nothing about the problem. Before the last update it was much easier to see when a seller had last logged into their store [it wasn't hidden like it is now]. Many of us asked admin to change that portion of the update 'back' so potential buyers could more easily see when a seller had logged in. But nothing was done about that either.

So it isn't that admin doesn't know about the issue/problem, they just don't do anything about it.

Has there ever been a reason given as to why they don't deal with it? I am curious about the reason behind the inaction.

Has there ever been a reason given as to why they don't deal with it? I am curious about the reason behind the inaction.
    None that I'm aware of.

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Recently, I did an analysis of one category and posted the shocking results. The post disappeared. I sent the spreadsheet to admin and they sent a note back saying that they are looking into it and that they do have a time limit on the listings and they are not allowed to run forever. However, I've seen stores, with very few listings that have not been logged into for years. I did all I can do presenting the facts in black and white.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Forum Lurker
    View constanta2010's Feedback (+18)
    All-About constanta2010
    View constanta2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

The real problem is that it is COSTING us sales!!!! If a new buyer comes to eBid, buys an item from a "dead" seller and doesn't receive it etc, or simply asks a question with no reply, that buyer will go elsewhere to find that item again. Therefore another potential buyer leaves eBid with a sour taste in his mouth. Not good!!!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by constanta2010 View Post
    The real problem is that it is COSTING us sales!!!! If a new buyer comes to eBid, buys an item from a "dead" seller and doesn't receive it etc, or simply asks a question with no reply, that buyer will go elsewhere to find that item again. Therefore another potential buyer leaves eBid with a sour taste in his mouth. Not good!!!
    And almost certainly tells a handful of people not to bother ever using ebid as either a buyer or seller. This is why I encourage everybody to tell ebid management that they see it as a problem, and why I chip away myself whenever I can summon the energy.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    And almost certainly tells a handful of people not to bother ever using ebid as either a buyer or seller. This is why I encourage everybody to tell ebid management that they see it as a problem, and why I chip away myself whenever I can summon the energy.
    Here you go, Kim. Name:  energy bar pic.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  3.0 KB

Thread Information