Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    I sent admin a whole spreadsheet with store names, last date of login, what page the store was on etc. I think that admin just has to decide what they want to do. I wish they would just say something like, "we are planning an update to the site, we will address this problem, please look for it in the Fall,(winter, spring whatever). It would sure put a lot of this to rest for awhile!!!!
    Any kind of a response would be nice. Since the older (not in years) say this has been brought up several times maybe they think we will get tired and go away if they ignore us.

Quote Originally Posted by sandatech View Post
    I believe lock down should be first, but not deletion. I don't think notifying inactive sellers ahead of time is going to make much difference because all they would do is log in and be gone again, not answering potential customer questions, etc. I believe that after an inactive seller is locked down, say a period of say 90 days, their listings should be completely removed, but their account still active. I'm saying this assuming there could be some sort of legal entanglements...for example, "I paid $49.49 for lifetime and you deleted my account. I'm gonna sue!" If a seller doesn't look at their stores for 90 days, even 30 days, then clearly they're not serious sellers, hence removal of their listings would probably not matter to them.

I do think, however, that Administration should post here since this thread is now 20 pages long and give us some kind of any idea of what they may be planning. Afterall, we are the ones who have paid for lifetime memberships and are trying to help build up eBid.

After reading the Terms of Service, I believe that eBid could delete stores provided they update their Terms of Service and notify seller as is outlined within this text extracted from eBid's Terms of Service.

"We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the service if there is a change in the law or our operational requirements. We will not be liable to you for any loss you may suffer if we have to modify or cease the service for reasons beyond our control if we give you at least 30 days notice. In certain exceptional circumstances beyond our control we may have to change or discontinue the service without giving you this amount of notice. If this is the case we will give you as much notice as we can.

If you do not wish to use the new operating rules or policies you should not continue to use the service after the notice requirement."
    It appears that there is a solution built into the agreement. Hope they will act on it.

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

interestng!
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

An auction site not listening to its customers.
    Now,where have I heard that before?.
    I can remember when these forums were all so full of enthusiasm.

Forum Lurker
    View constanta2010's Feedback (+18)
    All-About constanta2010
    View constanta2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    These forums are still full of enthusiasm, certainly when compared with other forums, but it seems that perhaps the enthusiasm comes from the sellers, not the administration. Hopefully these kinds of threads will eventually be taken full notice of, and maybe even acted upon.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I still see plenty of enthusiasm. I'm extremely positive about this site, and if I use a little forceful language now and again to express strong feeling about a particular subject, that shows I care. Sometimes it helps to hammer home a point - ebid management has a lot on its plate and can't be expected to read every thread and pick up every nuance of how posters are feeling. It helps if we make the important stuff clear and easy to find. I haven't seen anybody whining, or wailing or pulling their hair out. It's easy to label anything that suggests room for improvement "negativity" but that's short-sighted and silly (no, not directed at you!) Some people value scoring brownie points with management above honesty; I'm afraid I'm not one of them. *grin* There *is* a problem, there are several obvious solutions - saying so, and saying so forcefully enough to ensure that ebid towers notices is not negativity it's constructive criticism and an indication of how much people want this site to continue to prosper. If you ignore the straw-man arguments and ego-stroking that came in lately, this has been a highly constructive and informative thread, and one that can be of real help to ebid if they choose to consider the opinions voiced. There's nothing negative about that, and plenty that's enthusiastic.

Forum Diehard
    All-About baconsdozen
    Forum Posts

I'm not having a pop at anyone but the simple fact is that despite ebays best attempts to alienate all its customers Ebid has made no serious progress in a long time.
    My sales are a fraction of what I can achieve on ebay,true the fees are much lower but I sell for a living not a hobby and a business has overheads that have to be covered.Sadly I can't afford the time to spend on the thrashing of an equine I mentioned earlier.maybe thats why there are so many cut and run sellers,maybe I'll even become one. I can spend time on my own web site,time listing on ebay and ecrater.
    I wish I had faith in ebid but I just don't anymore,it really isn't worth the bother (for me).

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not having a pop at anyone but the simple fact is that despite ebays best attempts to alienate all its customers Ebid has made no serious progress in a long time.
    That isn't my impression. I think that they've improved the situation with the deadwood (though as this thread says, there's still room for improvement). I think they've refined their Google loading procedures to a fine pitch, where listings are now almost instantly loaded and get high visibility. I think new sellers are arriving at a steadily increasing rate. I think on that back of those and other improvements sales *are* increasing, even if not yet at rocket speed. I think the Ninja Lister arriving and allowing batch imports from ebay is a big positive. I see lots of improvements, and I'm a bit surprised you don't.

My sales are a fraction of what I can achieve on ebay,true the fees are much lower but I sell for a living not a hobby and a business has overheads that have to be covered.Sadly I can't afford the time to spend on the thrashing of an equine I mentioned earlier.maybe thats why there are so many cut and run sellers,maybe I'll even become one. I can spend time on my own web site,time listing on ebay and ecrater.
    I wish I had faith in ebid but I just don't anymore,it really isn't worth the bother (for me).
    If you've made your mind up all that's left to say is "good bye, and good luck". Mind you, I've lost count of the number of people who've decided ebid isn't working but inexplicably still seem to be here. ;o)

Forum Diehard
    All-About baconsdozen
    Forum Posts

If you've made your mind up all that's left to say is "good bye, and good luck". Mind you, I've lost count of the number of people who've decided ebid isn't working but inexplicably still seem to be here. ;o)I.........

No,not going completely but just not prepared to put in the same effort as I have been doing.I'll probably put the listings on "Run till sold" and pop in every couple of weeks or so.
    Thanks for the kind thoughts,best of luck to you too.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you've made your mind up all that's left to say is "good bye, and good luck". Mind you, I've lost count of the number of people who've decided ebid isn't working but inexplicably still seem to be here. ;o)I.........

No,not going completely but just not prepared to put in the same effort as I have been doing.I'll probably put the listings on "Run till sold" and pop in every couple of weeks or so.
    Thanks for the kind thoughts,best of luck to you too.
    Nice to know you'll still be around. See another one who can't quite leave. *grin* It's the forums, they're addictive!

Thread Information