Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

Forum Lurker
    View constanta2010's Feedback (+18)
    All-About constanta2010
    View constanta2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

My online sales are also a major part of my income over the past few months as I've recently set up my own cost reduction business, therefore feebay has of course played the major part in that. However, joining eBid was, and is, an investment for the future. Even if I keep around 100 - 200 listings here, relisting automatically 10 times, then maually relisting for another 10 times, it means I will still be here, paying very low fees, when eBid grows exponentially (I hope!) and can take over my activities on feebay completely.

Yes sales are slow here, but there are SO many positives that even though lots of improvements can and perhaps should be made, it will prove very worthwhile to stick around, enjoy the sales that DO come in, and wait for the floodgates to open in the future.

Now, back to the origin of this post, come on eBid, figure out a way to improve the performance of your sellers or, to be pertinent, non-active sellers.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

one of them. *grin* There *is* a problem, there are several obvious solutions - saying so, and saying so forcefully enough to ensure that ebid towers notices is not negativity it's constructive criticism and an indication of how much people want this site to continue to prosper. If you ignore the straw-man arguments and ego-stroking that came in lately, this has been a highly constructive and informative thread,

i take it you mean the 3 or 4 sellers who came in yesterday evening and gave actual alternatives to " delete abandoned stores" what you and others on this thread fail to realise is the above sellers do get regular sales they have made ebid work despite the so called problem, so if some sellers get regular sales and some dont and we all trade in the same place under the same conditions the question is why ? if you and others can answer this you might well see your lot improve.

banging your heads against ebid towers with no reasoned argument will not get you a answer let alone a result come up with some freash ideas that dont effect radicaly the listing numbers, you have been given 3 or 4 ideas to this end yet you guys cant even be bothered to debate- to refine them.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sid, I know you like to try to paint some of us as the bad guys, and pretend we do nothing positive or good for the site, but really you're reaching this time. I have posted both to the forums and to support with suggestions for how the problem of "dump and run" sellers can be addressed. I have put in place the only independent system to try to alleviate the problem. I always report absentee sellers when I find them. If I choose not to discuss, for the umpteenth time, particular aspects of particular ideas with particular posters... that is simply because I have learned the futility of attempting any form of debate with some ebidders. Maybe it's a clash of personalities, maybe it's a communication problem, but I think it's just that some of us simply don't see things the same way. I am making this post not to engage you in any sort of exchange, but as a single factual post on the subject so that your attempts at sabotaging the continuing efforts some of us make at finding improvements for the site we all support do not pass freely without comment. There is no sort of personal attack in this, I am simply trying to help ebid - as I always do - with facts and constructive ideas. Now you'll have to excuse me, I have a new idea for solving the problem in question that I need to develop before sharing it with the people who are able to use the idea and act upon it: ebid management.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

" some of us simply don't see things the same way. I am making this post not to engage you in any sort of exchange, but as a single factual post on the subject so that your attempts at sabotaging the continuing efforts some of us make at finding improvements for the site we all support do not pass freely without "

sabotage i dont think so i gave what i consider a good argument on restricting absent sellers, calling people a straw man i think on your behalf was a little below the belt ! you have not given any reasoned argument on this subject. if you read back in this thread you will see it was me who remined people that what there surgesting has been tried before it was also me and a couple of more folk who gave alternatives to dealing with these absent sellers i think youl find thats adding to a some what stale debate rather than how you put it "sabotaging the continuing efforts some of us make at finding improvements for the site we all support do not pass freely without "

so if you do have an idea lets hear it thats what the thread is about and asked for !

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

"Sid, I know you like to try to paint some of us as the bad guys, and pretend we do nothing positive or good "

i have noticed kimbo your attitude has changed over the last 12 months in my view for the better

Forum Newbie
    View DeMonica's Feedback (+212)
    All-About DeMonica
    View DeMonica's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb

its a great idea to give sellers a warning that if they haven't signed into their account within 6mos or so then they run the risk of deleting. OR as an alternative they could send the letter and have the store put on vacation mode if the seller does not sign in.

Ebid makes out better in the long run by NOT deleting the stores because it leaves lots of merchandise in inventories, so the site looks busy and full. As long as the site looks full then buyers will want to stay and return.

But in the end its about lazy shopkeeps and that does no one any good. ebid is a growing market and the sellers that abandon their stores are missing out on making sales if they made their listings look better. If these sellers took the time to flesh out their profiles and make the listings look good, then they wouldn't be waiting for months to make a sale (if they ever make one at all)

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

they could for instance if not responding have there listings moved to the far end of any search results and/or if they have B IN s listed these could be removed from google searches, whitch would then not give them a edge over present sellers on site, this would do away with any mass drop in listings and at the same time give back priority to present hard working sellers !

i havent seen a better alternative to the above i posted

restricting absent sellers along the lines i have qouted above [ with a due prossess in place ] would answer 99% of the concerns of posters on this thread and not dramaticly reduce listing numbers whitch i fear ebid would not want todo again

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

"Ebid makes out better in the long run by NOT deleting the stores because it leaves lots of merchandise in inventories, so the site looks busy and full. As long as the site looks full then buyers will want to stay and return."

i agree the key word there is " long run " what some are proposing of a lock down with out a due process would damage the site and alienate thousands of sellers who may never return

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    To be honest, I'm more a beer and crisps girl. Feel free to send plenty of either. *grin*
    Cool - cheap date.

Forum Lurker
    View constanta2010's Feedback (+18)
    All-About constanta2010
    View constanta2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    "Ebid makes out better in the long run by NOT deleting the stores because it leaves lots of merchandise in inventories, so the site looks busy and full. As long as the site looks full then buyers will want to stay and return."

i agree the key word there is " long run " what some are proposing of a lock down with out a due process would damage the site and alienate thousands of sellers who may never return
    But these "locked down" sellers would be the sellers that do not sell and do not respond to questions, therefore the only locked down sellers would be the sellers that would drive buyers AWAY from the site and never return.

IMO that really can't be a bad thing.... 1 step back, 2 steps forward... onwards and upwards!

Thread Information