Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe I should have worded things a bit better Dardonboi sorry for the confusion.
    An Idea.............
    Its obvious Admin are taking no notice of this thread,it's also obvious that a large number of peeps regard this as a problem especially for first time buyers and that it is having a detrimental effect on sales and the future success of the site.
    How about if we all make a concerted effort to wake up admin by reporting absent sellers and those who don't ever respond to e-mails and if there is no response publish the results here.I know some are already doing so and fair play to them but we should all do the same.
    Also please have a look at forums and auction guides etc,mention ebid on them,I've been plugging Ebid on sites like power sellers unite but feel more alone than a hippy at a conservative party conferene,please someone join in!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Maybe I should have worded things a bit better Dardonboi sorry for the confusion.
    An Idea.............
    Its obvious Admin are taking no notice of this thread,
    I don't think that's obvious at all, sorry. I think they are choosing not to comment. I also think (mostly because they've told me so) that they are considering the problem and possible options and there's a lot of talk going on back at ebid towers on this subject at the moment. I know, for example, that I sent them a proposal for a solution that is not like anything mentioned in this thread, and they probably have plenty of ideas of their own. If they prefer to discuss that within their management team rather than get embroiled in a free-for-all on the forums... good. Much more professional. As long, and I stress this, as long as *something* is done to address the problem at the end of that discussion.

it's also obvious that a large number of peeps regard this as a problem especially for first time buyers and that it is having a detrimental effect on sales and the future success of the site.
    Agreed.

How about if we all make a concerted effort to wake up admin by reporting absent sellers and those who don't ever respond to e-mails and if there is no response publish the results here.I know some are already doing so and fair play to them but we should all do the same.
    As you say, some of us already report anything that needs reporting. I don't quite see why it's necessary to then publish the results of that for Google to pick up?

Also please have a look at forums and auction guides etc,mention ebid on them,I've been plugging Ebid on sites like power sellers unite but feel more alone than a hippy at a conservative party conferene,please someone join in!

Forum Diehard
    All-About baconsdozen
    Forum Posts

If admin are aware of the problem and are actively thinking of doing something about it maybe they should come on here and tell us.I still think they are determined to do nothing about it because it increases the numbers of items on here and 'more is better'.Google will already have picked up this 'issue' from here or the other avenues where its being or has been discussed.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    If admin are aware of the problem and are actively thinking of doing something about it maybe they should come on here and tell us.I still think they are determined to do nothing about it because it increases the numbers of items on here and 'more is better'.Google will already have picked up this 'issue' from here or the other avenues where its being or has been discussed.
    Then we'll just have to agree to disagree about pretty much all of that. No probs! :-)))

Forum Diehard
    All-About baconsdozen
    Forum Posts

Life would be boring if we all agreed on everything.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Another issue I feel does damage to the site is the clarity regarding fees and short term subscriptions.

I know the information is there for all to read and I state as much myself when people come on here bitching about being ripped off.

However if you search the web it is amazing how many people are bad mouthing eBid as a rip off site because their own stupidity and inability to read has cost them money they didn't realise they owed. It really needs to be made very clear that the subscription is ongoing until cancelled by the user.

The use of terms like 'Zero Auction Fees For Life', 'Free Listing', etc. also need to be clearly qualified. So many people seem to see this and think it means that everything they do on eBid costs nothing - and then start complaining they have been ripped off as 'eBid is not free as they said' when they are billed for extras and/or on sales.

A appreciate that fighting the ignorance of such people will be difficult but I feel more of an effort should (and could) be made. The bad press spread by such people damages eBid as a whole. The more that can be done to mitigate that should be done.
    Last edited by astral276; 6th August 2010 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I have my doubts that they will be individual views - I was under the impression that each time someone opens the thread it will count as a view........eg I have probably viewed it 20 times, so that will count as 20 views. I may wrong on that one - am sure someone will correct me if am wrong.

On the point of topic tho.........this problem is the main reason I dont purchase much here now.
    When I want something - I want to purchase it immediately - but I find I have to ask the seller a question just to find out if they are still around. If it something I am not in a hurry for, I may ask - but only once. If no response within a couple of days, then I purchase elsewhere.
    For more urgent items, I dont even look now (unless it is someone I know who has a particular item)
    I agree that the number of views is not individual people but it does show a lot of interest in this problem. I personally visit it that many times a day also. I also post here often so if we did an actual count of those weighing in on it there aren't that many of us if we are up to close to 750,000 people signed up on eBid. Of course that is not unusual either because that is how most things get changed, a small group making a lot of noise.

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've allways treated my customers with honesty and respect,
    I believe this site should do the same.
    And build a reputation that the site and it's sellers are honest and truthfull,
    and that all the goods on offer are not just a figment of enhanced figures for the sake of appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    Hi Dardonboi,

I am one of the viewers and have made one post that hasn't voted ---- not because I don't care and not because I feel it is not a problem. I haven't voted because I don't want either of the choices offered. I realize you tried to make more choices and for some reason it went live before you were ready but that may still keep some from voting as it has me.

I am in favor of getting the stores and the listings where they will not be viewable therefore will not be able to have questions ask on them and they will not be interfering with the listings of people who do monitor their stores and listing and care about the treatment their customers receive. I, like you and many others, am in the group that does care.

Since, as shown above, stores can merely be taken offline and not be seen I am not in favor of deleting them. Also I think 'removing' the listings to a special folder would be better than just locking them as if they are only locked then they would still be viewable. I don't think it is good to see listings that cannot be accessed. If they are done along the line I have suggested above then they are not viewable or online. To get them back online the seller would have to 'sign in' and put them back online. I personally think if it has been over 30 days since they have logged in the stores and listings should be taken offline. Even if it is something that is beyond the sellers control they apparently are not able to care for them if they cannot log in so therefore should be removed but I see nothing wrong with it being in a way that they can easily put them back online when they are able to.

I realize this is not going to make all sellers answer their questions and it is not going to completely solve the problem but I think it would sure go a long way to slow it down.

Sorry if you are not happy about me not voting but at least now you know I DO want the problem taken care of. I don't spend a lot of time in the forums but I decided it was time for me to show my support on this.
    I guess I don't understand what locking their listing is. If it puts them where they aren't at the top of the listings and not being submitted to Google wouldn't that help the sellers that are adding items daily and taking care of their customers the way they deserve to be.

We don't know why these sellers don't take care of their business. Sometimes there are good reasons and sometimes they are just gone. There has to be a way to police this and the one thing I know is I don't know what the total answer is. I just know that they hurt us all by being there at the top of the list.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    I guess I don't understand what locking their listing is.
    I guess I don't understand what locking them is either. I thought it would be 'locked' like when they are put on Holiday and auctions will be viewable but not bidable.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Thread Information