Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Has it gone quiet here

Default Has it gone quiet here

Hi i havent had any sales for about a month now. has it gone quiet or is it just me. all my items have been greatly reduced in price to try and get a sale but to no availe. can anyone sugest any thing i can do to increase sales. many thanks loraine

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leahsummerthings View Post
    Hi i havent had any sales for about a month now. has it gone quiet or is it just me. all my items have been greatly reduced in price to try and get a sale but to no availe. can anyone sugest any thing i can do to increase sales. many thanks loraine
    i am the same. i am selling well on the other side. but nothing here.

http://sheffieldtony-vintage-postcards.ebid.net/
    http://sheffieldtony-quality-used-dvds.ebid.net/

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've always found the summer holidays slow online, in any venue.

Forum Lurker
    View constanta2010's Feedback (+18)
    All-About constanta2010
    View constanta2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's slow everywhere right now. I've got a few sales trickling in from here and somewhere else, but nothing to write home about. Stick with it, it'll pick up soon!

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had a few sales on here recntly as an other sites, no different to any other year start of summer holidays.

I personally like it that way as it gives me a chance to enjoy some of the summer and re-charge my energy ready for Xmas madness!
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Default Are we all being fooled?

This will probably be my last email as ebid will definitely sensor me. I have nearly 500 books on sale. I have tried everything.....I have sold one! And that was over a month ago. My conclusion? Ebid got my $50, they are making money, but have not put a single dollar into making their own product more visible, whereas ebay are continuing to win out even though ebid's product is better. Enough already, this is just wasting my time! I'm done with this scam, you can believe all you want.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANGRAMATON View Post
    This will probably be my last email as ebid will definitely sensor me. I have nearly 500 books on sale. I have tried everything.....I have sold one! And that was over a month ago. My conclusion? Ebid got my $50, they are making money, but have not put a single dollar into making their own product more visible, whereas ebay are continuing to win out even though ebid's product is better. Enough already, this is just wasting my time! I'm done with this scam, you can believe all you want.
    I have over 200 books listed and have sold a few of them. I am getting some sales in my other stores. I think the postage on books is the main problem. I don't overcharge but they are heavy so I'm sure I would look local first when searching for books.

I couldn't make a living with what I sell here but couldn't on the other side either after the fees. At least I can leave them here and ready when someone stumbles by. Just wish there was more advertising and traffic to make all of us happier.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have a bricks and mortar store in Lowestoft UK.Its in a quiet street and Lowestoft is hardly a thriving metropolis either.I can't simply put stuff in the window and watch it sell itself,I have to put an effort into promoting it.
    I regard the situation with ebid as exactly the same,I have to promote my store.I mention it on forums,on my own web site and blog.I use word of mouth and letters,business cards and any other way that presents itself.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch,if ebid spent money on TV adverts etc which may or may not work my fees,and everyone elses would rise.
    One thing I don't doubt is posting negative posts on here won't increase sales or confidence one bit.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    I have a bricks and mortar store in Lowestoft UK.Its in a quiet street and Lowestoft is hardly a thriving metropolis either.I can't simply put stuff in the window and watch it sell itself,I have to put an effort into promoting it.
    I regard the situation with ebid as exactly the same,I have to promote my store.I mention it on forums,on my own web site and blog.I use word of mouth and letters,business cards and any other way that presents itself.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch,if ebid spent money on TV adverts etc which may or may not work my fees,and everyone elses would rise.
    One thing I don't doubt is posting negative posts on here won't increase sales or confidence one bit.
    Well said.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well if you have this days New Release Playstation 3 Games or XBOX 360 Games this stuff goes like crazy every single day...this is my Advice for any Seller, If I try on eBid but still I am scare if I put any for starting low price is going to end up cheap because still no buyers in that numbers in here for bidding Auction and that's main for any Auction site to make it good Business, I mean I just can't put in God of War III a sample for starting bid $0.99 or $9.99 because probably I end up with one bid or two a most...if I put much higher price nobody going to bid so I pay first for like this games and I don't have time to wait simple as that...for all my other items in my store in here I have time to wait because all rest of my stuff don't go well even in other Auction sites but still I can reach my price for selling time to time...but the games huh...this stuff goes like crazy and person can make it some of living from this stuff...
    Well that's all for tonight....

Thread Information