Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drop shipping anyone?

Forum Newbie
    View tsjdesigns's Feedback (+118)
    All-About tsjdesigns
    View tsjdesigns's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Drop shipping anyone?

I was looking around on the web and found a site for a drop shipper for many items. I was wondering if anyone uses this type of thing, if it is safe to do, etc. I usually ship the items I sell out myself and I am concerned that I might get ripped off and the customer gets nothing shipped to them. Are there any reputable companies out there?

http://prunellas-purple-moon.ebid.net Quality handcrafted one of a kind jewelry at affordable prices

Yes there are - I use 3 different dropshippers for a total of around 25% of my listings.

Forum Newbie
    View tsjdesigns's Feedback (+118)
    All-About tsjdesigns
    View tsjdesigns's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks. Great to hear. I will do a little research and see who I can find that offers what I need.

Forum Newbie
    View SacMacJetty's Feedback (+4)
    All-About SacMacJetty
    View SacMacJetty's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are some ligit Dropshippers out there, but it takes hard work and a lot of product research! I use them because I live in a small rural area, and my sources are slim. It is not as easy as it first looks :-)

I have found, also, that you REALLY have to watch inventory and be ready to eat a few dollars to refund your customers for issues that you can not resolve with the drop shipper.

Good Luck!

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Like MagnetsandHangers I, too, use three different dropshippers for approximately 45% of my listings in total. Just do your homework and research, and you should be able to weed out the ripoffs that are, indeed, out there...best of luck!

Hi - I use 4 dropship suppliers here in the UK. But it's taken a lot of trial and effort to weed out the good one. Try to find out about them via dropship forums etc. A bad dropshipper can really do your business harm, but if you find a good one, stick with them, communicate with them etc, and you're made!

Andy

Hi- I've used one drop ship company and it took two weeks for my item to ship. Customer was upset until I refunded shipping expense. Do yourself a favor and research, research and research some more. Call and talk to the company reps to find out availability of items, how long they process and then ship. What time zone are they on? Please don't go by their website information like I did. Dig deep. Hope this helps.

I did a lot of research once and paid up to join dropshippers directories but I never had much luck finding anyone. On another occasion, i almost signed up with one company than did some more checking and found a lot of bad reviews about the company so i had a luck escape there. Just be wary before you sign up or part with any money. Visit annual trade fairs etc.

On any drop ship company I register with, I purchase one item from them, and get it sent to a friend.
    They then bring it to me.
    That way I can judge the delivery times, packaging, any information they put in with it etc etc.

If it is not satisfactory in any way, then I dont list their items.

Forum Newbie
    View solcaldiecast's Feedback (+1)
    All-About solcaldiecast
    View solcaldiecast's Listings
    Forum Posts

II not sure what a drop shipper is; Is it someone else that takes your item to the post office for you or do they actually ship the item themselves and charge you a fee? And why would you use this service other than not having a car. I'm not trying to be a smart A… I just don't know why you would use such service.

Thread Information