eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Successful eBid sellers might want to reply to this woman.

Default Successful eBid sellers might want to reply to this woman.

Somebody called Sue Bailey has said in an article that she would like to hear from anyone who has made eBid a business success. She made the comment in an article where she is basically telling everyone that eBay is king and every other site is rubbish for sellers.

See the article here, eBid is mentioned in the fourth paragraph.

I thought anyone who is selling well on eBid might want to put a case forward for using eBid.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

THIS IS NOT ANTI EBID

Unfortunately, in many ways she is right. there is very little chance of making a business success of ebid, but by the same token I dont think you can make a business success on any SINGLE site other than, possibly, the bay or the river (and even then I am not sure you can even do it there these days).

You can make a business success if you use many site, possibly including the bay & the river (not that I use either)... the more places you list the more chance of getting sales.

I am afraid, long gone are the days when you could rely on just ONE site to make a living.

Thats not to say she is right about the bay, just that she is not totally wrong about ebid (or any site for that matter)

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

From context I guess she's defining "business success" as meaning making a living using it as a sole outlet. As Somers says, that's a rubbish plan for any site these days. I'd be surprised if there are many doing that via ebay now, let alone one of the smaller sites. And the number on ebay is probably falling daily.

Life's too short for arguing with bigots though, so I'll leave her to her delusions. ;o)

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think if anyone does decide to challenge her, they will have to provide facts and figures to prove their point.

Money talks, as the old saying goes

It's plain daft to sell on only one site. Even if you do make a living from it.

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mind you, she does suggest your own site, and hard work.

She's not so daft after all : )

I don't think the lass is having a go at eBid and I think that she believes in what she is saying but I do find the article a bit off putting for new sellers who are thinking of giving other sites a try. As I'm not a seller I thought anyone who has made a success of selling on eBid (or anywhere else) might want to put the other side of the story to her, if I was a seller than I would have done it myself.

She does raise some valid points which are hard to argue with though.

I noticed that her two replies last night to the eBid member have since been removed, one of which contained a link to this thread, not sure what that is all about?
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5871)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Tamebay are exactly that! Tame & on eBay's side! Anyone who bases a business on on uncontrollable service provider is crazy! I am not dependent on my income from online selling, but I did have quite a nice, growing turnover on the darkside when they moved the goalposts and destroyed it.. twice.

Who is odek? Who has THAT many buddy points?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post

Who is odek? Who has THAT many buddy points?
    Me! I thought you would have guessed! kedo backwards. Narrowly missed out on a netbook this month too.

.....blast! I'll have to use another alias now.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5871)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    Me! I thought you would have guessed! kedo backwards. Narrowly missed out on a netbook this month too.

.....blast! I'll have to use another alias now.
    Yes, I thought of it when I saw your name on another page but after I'd posted that. I'm saving up to give you a run for your money on something!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I've just been reading the replies and I have to say that reply 22 (Steve) does make a lot of sense.

I have said many times that eBid needs to concentrate of getting buyers here and not just concentrate on attracting sellers. Sellers may come and sign up with eBid but then go elsewhere when they aren't selling enough. Steve's (reply 22) comment about the affiliate progeammes makes perfect sense to me too.

It appears to me that eBid is failing to learn from other sites successes and are concentrating on learning from other sites failures when it should really be doing both.

I do like eBid and I've always wanted it to succeed but I do find it frustrating sometimes.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Thread Information