eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Non paying buyers

Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent, United Kingdom
    View jane6905's Feedback (+195)
    All-About jane6905
    View jane6905's Listings
    Forum Posts

i have just had my first one... left messages...reminders...polite little nudges.. neg'd and relisted... hope i don't get an invoice from ebid for the sale?

It's been over a month since we had a NPB and that was because she wanted four of the items, even though the listing clearly was for only one. She did communicate rather than just ignoring me, so I left negative feedback in order to get our FVF refunded, then changed it to neutral.

Several of our recent sales have been to members with zero feedback, and they all paid promptly, so I don't think it's a problem caused by confused newbies.

I've just had my first non paying buyer. Sent invoice plus 2 reminders but received no response so i have marked as non-paying buyer. I got a lot of these on feebay but I don't like doing this on ebid especially if they are new (7 feedback scores so far). But i could miss out on a sale and its rude if someone does not even reply. If this person was on holiday than I hope she will let me know this

Anyway... do i get charged FYF?

Quote Originally Posted by mrswilliam View Post
    I've just had my first non paying buyer. Sent invoice plus 2 reminders but received no response so i have marked as non-paying buyer. I got a lot of these on feebay but I don't like doing this on ebid especially if they are new (7 feedback scores so far). But i could miss out on a sale and its rude if someone does not even reply. If this person was on holiday than I hope she will let me know this

Anyway... do i get charged FYF?
    After you've sent three payment reminders and left feedback that this was a non-paying buyer, send an email to eBid support, give them the auction ID number, and they'll refund your FVF. After I get the credit, I change the feedback from negative to neutral, giving the buyer the benefit of the doubt.

View caramia64's Feedback (+399)
    All-About caramia64
    View caramia64's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default non paying buyers

I too have had 4 out of 6 sales that ended with non payment, again from buyers with 0 feedback. I did follow the procedure to claim my fees back after finding out how to do this. I have luckily just had 4 more sales to 2 buyers and these appear to be genuine buyers so delighted! Restoring my faith in mankind!!

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    After you've sent three payment reminders and left feedback that this was a non-paying buyer, send an email to eBid support, give them the auction ID number, and they'll refund your FVF. After I get the credit, I change the feedback from negative to neutral, giving the buyer the benefit of the doubt.

Thank you. I've done done the first part of this and sent an email to ebid support. Hardly seems worth it though for a penny but I guess we should give the message out that non payers cannot be tolerated, especially if they do not respond. But yes i will change the feedback to neutral, there could well be a genuine reason for it.

not that it is much help but....
    I have just had to leave a neg and report a NPB on another site.... again (almost) a newbie, so it doesn't only happen here

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post

hello Tia , sorry but I find this strange....there is no doubt.. they did not pay....and if they do not pay , it is a neg....the fact that eBid refunds your fvf's does not make the non paying buyer any better ...........papa.

My buyer paid... eventually. But it took 3 reminders, a negative feedback (which I've now changed to neutral but I chose not to change the comment about non-payment), a FVF reimbursement from ebid. I've now just received a payment which I found about because I received an email from paypal.. but absolutely no comment from the buyer to apologise or even just so say why the payment was delayed. As i relisted the item, i've issued a refund back to the buyer. I've no doubt the buyer will probably leave a negative feedback for me now.

I also sold something on feebay where the buyer didn't pay. Told me she had sent a Postal Order which I never received. Didn't bother to responsd to any communication I sent. I opened a resolution case. She then asked me a second time for name and address to send PO which I did.. and I gave her until this week to send it. Still has not arrived. So i closed the case and was given a FVF refund. Now the buyer herself has a raised a case to say she has sent payment and I have not sent her the item. Makes me sick !!!
    I like to be flexible and offer people different ways to pay but waiting for a PO or cheque is cumbersome (which you have to go to a bank to pay in if cross) and time consuming. I wonder if its worth the sale or just stick to online payments system.

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    [/B]
    hello Tia , sorry but I find this strange....there is no doubt.. they did not pay....and if they do not pay , it is a neg....the fact that eBid refunds your fvf's does not make the non paying buyer any better ...........papa.
    I absolutely agree with you, papa. If the buyer couldn't even be bothered to reply, let alone pay, it's a negative. Especially if the sale was a Buy Now, and then no payment, of which I've had several.

Andy

Thread Information