Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Removal

Default Feedback Removal

Thank you eBid support for removing my imported feedback, I can now clearly say that all my feedback has been earned on eBid.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

However I think there may be a problem somewhere on the bottom of my feedback page it shows:

Total 218 feedbacks

Yet my feedback score at the top shows:

259 separate comments @ 100% positive
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET

I've noticed that the feedback numbers (which show up in several places) are often out of sync. Give it a few days and they'll probably match. Unless you get some more in the meantime.

Remember, the number at the top is probably the only one buyers see, and that is the largest number.

It's a good feeling to have that many eBid feedbacks, isn't it? Congratulations.

I know it is a great feeling, I originally got my feedback imported so that I could kick start my feeback off, but felt that because I have over 200 positive on eBid it was time the imported feedback was removed.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET

Forum Newbie
    Lactodorum, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View giftsaplenty's Feedback (+813)
    All-About giftsaplenty
    View giftsaplenty's Listings
    Forum Posts

So, feedback removal!!!!!
    What chance do I have of getting a negative feedback removed from a customer?
    Unhappy with their purchase - they left the feedback without even contacting me about the problem!!
    This is totally unfair!!
    Our Nan & Paps Gift Shop

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by giftsaplenty View Post
    You can contact admin and request they review the feedback. If they agree it is unwarranted then they will remove it - if not you will just have to bear the lump.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have had a wee look , and you do say what the item is made off.... sounds a little unfair to me , but it is up to the boys...as Mel says , ask them to PLEASE check...good luck...papa.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is also the option of being the bigger person and trying to resolve the issue with the buyer to your mutual satisfaction - and maybe turn the negative into a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by giftsaplenty View Post
    Unhappy with their purchase - they left the feedback without even contacting me about the problem!!
    This is totally unfair!!
    I have to admit, although I agree that customers should make some effort to sort out any problems prior to leaving feedback, if I left my opinion of a product in feedback, and ebid removed it, you wouldnt see me purchase here again. It would make the feedback system pointless.

Just wondering.....did you contact the customer after you read the feedback they left to try and resolve the situation then (bearing in mind that they could still change it), or did you simply jump straight in and leave a reciprocal negative fb for a customer who's only crime was to give their opinion of an item?
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 27th November 2010 at 02:22 PM.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I have to admit, although I agree that customers should make some effort to sort out any problems prior to leaving feedback, if I left my opinion of a product in feedback, and ebid removed it, you wouldnt see me purchase here again. It would make the feedback system pointless.
    I agree. Feedback removal should be reserved for malicious feedback, dishonest or insulting comments, totally untoward remarks. Not for removing a customer's legitimate opinion, however much the seller dislikes it. "They didn't contact me first" doesn't, on its own, constitute a valid reason for removal in my book. The buyer is entitled to express their view of the transaction, as long as they don't swear and don't lie.

Thread Information