eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: upgrade to seller+ lifetime is it worth it ?????

Forum Newbie
    Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    View 1kingsholm's Feedback (+2061)
    All-About 1kingsholm
    View 1kingsholm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default upgrade to seller+ lifetime is it worth it ?????

hi folks. i have a basic seller account and have been offered the lifetime upgrade for £49.49. i am thinking about it but just wondered if those that have taken up the offer feel it is worth bothering ? i joined ebid over a year ago, wishing to get away from ebays punitive fee structure but it seemed that things moved very slowly here so i delayed opening a seller account until this week. just loaded a few auctions to test the water really, hence the offer opportunity. any thoughts gratefully received.
    mike

hi mike,
    i am a new member on ebid and took up the offer from the start because i intend to stay no matter what happens. i guess only time will tell if it was the right decision. i would say go for it, its only money, lol. think of all the benefits.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Mike

I joined Ebid in June, and then paid the full £74.99 a few days later instead of taking up the special offer. It will take time to build up your listings. I now have about 400 items listed at a Buy It Now price, and have made 2 sales so far this week.

So I would say Yes Yes yes, but you must realise that Feebay methods of selling are not transferrable to Ebid.

Malcolm
    Last edited by MPS16; 14th October 2010 at 11:44 AM.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

It probably will take a while to get your money back, but it will happen given time. For me it was well worth it

Forum Lurker
    View buckhysen's Feedback (+3185)
    All-About buckhysen
    View buckhysen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it's well worth signing up. When I opened a store on here I started by paying monthly for the first 3 months and then after a few sales decided to take the £49.99 lifetime offer and was pleasantly surprised to see that they knocked off the 3 x monthly charges I had already paid

Once you start to stock up your store you don't have to worry about ongoing listing fees which is great. It might take a while to get your money back but it's a lifetime offer so over time I'm certain most sellers would at the very least earn their original fee back.

Hi Mike
    For me it was worth it. I made my fee back and I'm in profit. Yes it's slower, but at least you're not bled dry here! And as already mentioned we are in it for the long run.
    Good luck mate whatever your decision.

View dr-oxide's Feedback (+450)
    All-About dr-oxide
    View dr-oxide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1kingsholm View Post
    hi folks. i have a basic seller account and have been offered the lifetime upgrade for £49.49. i am thinking about it but just wondered if those that have taken up the offer feel it is worth bothering ? i joined ebid over a year ago, wishing to get away from ebays punitive fee structure but it seemed that things moved very slowly here so i delayed opening a seller account until this week. just loaded a few auctions to test the water really, hence the offer opportunity. any thoughts gratefully received.
    mike
    I upgraded to Seller+ lifetime awhile ago. I had the option of paying by PayPal and by doing so only cost me £5 AND get the FREE T-Shirt. So if you can pay by PayPal - if the option still there , then take it. I have since made that £5 back and more.

While you are reading this , why not visit my shops.......

Forum Newbie
    Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    View 1kingsholm's Feedback (+2061)
    All-About 1kingsholm
    View 1kingsholm's Listings
    Forum Posts

ok thanks for all your responses folks. i went and did it so i will probably be a more frequent visitor to these forums in the future ! dr oxide you got a very good deal because it cost me £49.49 via paypal !
    mike

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@ 1kingsholm

Well done,
    I was going to say that if you plan to sell regularly then go ahead and join up.
    Just think of the fees you would have paid feebay, especially if you have a store there.

And the free gallery pics are well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1kingsholm View Post
    ok thanks for all your responses folks. i went and did it so i will probably be a more frequent visitor to these forums in the future ! dr oxide you got a very good deal because it cost me £49.49 via paypal !
    mike
    can only tell you how it has been for us, upgraded to seller plus just over a year ago, had sold nothing here before that, all our feedback is from ebid, we have sold over 300 lots and love it here. i will say that it is slightly different here compared to the dark side, as delta says time and again, you are aiming at a different and larger (google) market place. follow the good advise on here and you should do well....good luck

Feel free to browse my stores

http://hobbyhabitat.ebid.net All things crafty
    http://plain-and-purl.ebid.net Knitting Patterns
    http://floating-buy.ebid.net Fishing Tackle

Thread Information