eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Want to leave ebay HAD ENOUGH!

Forum Newbie
    All-About jmdjbc1
    View jmdjbc1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Want to leave ebay HAD ENOUGH!

I would love to take advantage of the seller+ offer, however I need to know if this is going to be a beneficial site before paying for it and then find out that it is not profitable or user friendly or has huge restrictions. I wanted to know if there is a trial period that I can take advantage of and then if all works in a business manner in whic I am seeking can I still take advantage of the seller+ offer?

i almost think that I am being pushed into taken this offer without knowing how it will work for me and if it will be a nightmare as ebay is......ugh.......I am hating ebay with a passion right about now, so need to find a new platform to work with and make sure it is what I want. Please advise if you can.

Sincerely
    Julia

Forum Newbie
    All-About GiftCloset
    View GiftCloset's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I'm right there with you!

I just got wind of it today. Ebay is at 15% fees and Google is at 18%. They are charging what consignment stores charge, but they don't have to house and store everything.

I looked around ebid and see only a few sellers with lots of feedback. I don't like how they are a sunglasses icon next to new sellers that reads, "low feedback." These are new sellers and haven't sold anything yet.

So I decided to hold off on the $50 forever seller offer that expires in less than 24 hours. I figure they will offer it again OR $74 is okay with me at a later time if I deem this site profitable.

Just remember, they can disable your account for ANY reason and if you are new to this site, all beginners will make mistakes to learn the ropes.

Sincerely,
    The Gift Closet

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Guys - Gift Closet and Jmdbc1

This is a question a lot of new members ask.

All I can say is that ebid is not as big as feebay (as we call it)
    So you will not be able to come on here and sell as much as you do or did on feebay.
    But I can assure that the members on ebid are every friendly and very helpful.
    The rules here are very fair and they enforce them eg no dupes etc.

As regards paying the seller+ fee it all depends how much of a serious seller you are.
    If you are just casual then stick with the monthly fee, if you plan to sell for a while then go for the seller + that gives you free stores and free gallery pics and only 2% final value fees for life.

You ask about sellers with low feedback (sales)
    There are hundreds of those on two of the other major alt sites I see them every day.

I get half of my ebid sales from the USA.

Best of luck

I believe you can sign up for a monthly seller+ account to test the water. If you decide later to switch to the Lifetime membership eBid will apply the amount you've paid up until then.

I signed up for the lifetime membership as soon as we joined, and it's one of the best investments I ever made. One month's listing fees on GreedBay . . . and we had not had a sale there for two months. Yes, eBid is smaller and slower, patience is required, and it takes a bit more work to promote our stores. But we have had more sales here in two years than we had during our two years on GreedBay, so I'm very happy we moved.

eBid does not have a lot of unreasonable restrictions, and they are working hard to protect both buyers and sellers. Support is unbelievably good. They respond to posts in the forums when it's appropriate, and emails get a fast and personal response.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink Well...

Can somebody help this this guy...??? !!!!!

P.S. Well I think we need now ''DELTA''...she know everything...and I think she can help as usuall...

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mike, you'll need to remove the email address. It's not allowed in the open forum

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hope he's hear you....heh...

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmdjbc1 View Post
    I would love to take advantage of the seller+ offer, however I need to know if this is going to be a beneficial site before paying for it and then find out that it is not profitable or user friendly or has huge restrictions. I wanted to know if there is a trial period that I can take advantage of and then if all works in a business manner in whic I am seeking can I still take advantage of the seller+ offer?

i almost think that I am being pushed into taken this offer without knowing how it will work for me and if it will be a nightmare as ebay is......ugh.......I am hating ebay with a passion right about now, so need to find a new platform to work with and make sure it is what I want. Please advise if you can.

Sincerely
    Julia
    Try one of the shorter subscriptions, weekly or monthly, and see how you get on. To be a fair test you'll need to read all the excellent advice that's sitting around in the forums showing people how to use this site effectively. There are different rules, and different priorities here so do your homework. I have some suggestions on my www.ebidhelp.com site and in various other places like Tumblr and Facebook, but I'm only one of many so I do suggest you have a good paddle about here first.

The monthly (or whatever) subscriptions are just that - a recurring subscription that continues until you choose to stop it - you'd be amazed how many people sign-up for that being told it's a subscription then scream about it when they continue to subscribe (presumably because they didn't understand a word of what they signed and didn't bother to find out!) ;o))

If you decide to go for the lifetime deal you can do so at any point - I believe that the management usually apply the special deal after *any* renewal, not just joining or upgrading, but you'd need to check - and they discount your lifetime fee by the total of any subscriptions already paid. Pretty much an unbeatable offer - it means that balanced against a lifetime fee the shorter subs are totally without risk; you get them knocked off the total anyway! Of course, there's always the risk that the site won't work for you; it doesn't suit everybody, so like I said, do your homework first.

I would like to hear from someone who worked with ebay and has worked with ebid and tell me the honest comparison

Mike, I'm guessing that almost EVERY seller on EBID has also been a seller on feepay, (and other sites).

All in all (for me) EBID is a bit quieter, but with regular sales. The site is easier to use with less changes like you see on feepay.

Ebid for me is my best selling site when compared to other auction sites of 3-4 million listings.

Spend some time reading the forums, the site rules and decide if it is for you.

have fun!

Happy Buying & Selling All
    <a href=http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net target=_blank>http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net</a>

http://theninestarshop.ebid.net

http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net

http://Nine-Star-Clothing-Store.ebid.net

http://The-Nine-Star-Book-Shop.ebid.net

http://ninestarjewellery.ebid.net

.................................................. .......................................
    Want to join ebid??? Just follow this link >>>>
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

(and i'll earn some "Buddy Points" ;-) Thank You!

Forum Newbie
    All-About jmdjbc1
    View jmdjbc1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and most of all I love the nick names.....and so appropriate I might say....LOL FeeBay - GreedBay. that is so true! yea I can't handle all the fees that they have. I am a huge seller on ebay but had enough! My sales in two weeks were awesome and now all these restrictions and the rules change everyday. I have been a seller on ebay for years and recently opened a second store so that my mom who stays at home now can also post and have a store. They shut all stores down! Just to give you an idea on how much selling I do My seller fees were 300+ dollars for last month! So, now they have finally after approx. 500 cell phone minutes unlocked the 1 new account (my second store) and said because I am a new store that I could only post 100 items in 30 days. So, some items fell off and I wanted to anti up again and it now restricts me again and says I am only allowed 10 items in a 30 days period. The thing is that they should have opened the huge store not the new store and there are no restrictions on selling. They tell me it is restricted to make sure that I can sell and no how to provide customer service ???? The old store has been up and running for years and there is nothing but positive feedback there. So I am now unable to sell in any of my stores until November??? I am so done with there NO-CUSTOMER SERVICE WHERE THEY NEVER HAVE ANSWERS! I have appealed this and they respond with I am not eligible for reconsideration at this time because I am a new store??? Ugh..............I am outta there for sure! I owned a physical store and I had to close it because of the economy and resorted to providing for my family via ebay and certainly could manage that but now with there games and changes daily and rules changing daily I can't even make enough now to pay the simple bills so falling behind which I was never behind!

Thread Information