Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changes to paypal for the US in November The infection spreads

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    It is not a just case of paypal holding funds, those sellers that sell on both venues and use the same paypal will have problems. If buyer buys item on here then claims back through sellers paypal. That paypal claim will be a strike on the sellers ebatty account.
    For a lot of small sellers four of those strikes and their ebatty account is closed, and then paypal holds their money.

I see your point. Doing anything wrong on any site can cause a shared PP acount to be closed. That of course affects the fleebay account because PP is necessary to sell there. Not a good idea to use one PP account for everything?

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wonder why so many feebay sellers put with Paypal only.

Now Paypal are going to ry to wreck other sites business.

I have not had any problems with them yet. but I don't like what I hear about them.

Also don't forget that some items are not worth insuring or tracking for. Us online sellers already have to cope with rising postage, adding those extra costs just puts buyers off imho.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well...I use always Pay Pal because of one main things most of Buyers in USA use Pay Pal to pay and because many are more secure if something goes wrong is easy to pul back your money...for the shipping still on Ebid I have one of lowest shipping Domestic and International for my any item...you buy one low shipping Domestic or International...you buy two or more in same day no more charge for the shipping for Domestic and International...raising cost of postage in USA well yep...yep...buy I going to offer same deal after any rising...so where is the Buyers why wait...?
    DELTA how is your weather...? Nashville still too cold around 75 day to day....
    ''BABE'' how is your Business...? for me I going to list more and more and more and more and more and....huh....

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    So best to have a separate account for your website/ebid. if you don't plan to return there, it makes no difference. But who knows, fleebay rule #3999 or whatever might have changed already!!
    I see your point. Doing anything wrong on any site can cause a shared PP acount to be closed. That of course affects the fleebay account because PP is necessary to sell there. Not a good idea to use one PP account for everything
    It is a bad idea to suggest people use two accounts as (1) You are not allowed to have two Business/Premier accounts and (2) you cannot use a Personal account for business or online selling. If PayPal catch you doing either of these they can close ALL your accounts

From PayPal's help pages :-
    You can have one Personal account and one Premier or Business account. However, each account must contain a unique email address and unique financial details.

With a Personal account, you can make payments on retail websites or to send and receive personal payments from friends and family.

From PayPal's t&c :-
    You may only hold one Personal Account and either one Premier or one Business Account.
    Last edited by TonyBridger; 30th October 2010 at 10:06 AM.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I wonder why so many feebay sellers put with Paypal only.

Now Paypal are going to ry to wreck other sites business.

I have not had any problems with them yet. but I don't like what I hear about them.
    It is not in PayPal's own interests to wreck peoples businesses.

Although the number of people having problems with them seem large, they are only a very small percentage of the 228 million accounts held. Remember you only hear the complaints side of the story and it may sound very different if you also heard PayPals side.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post

Although the number of people having problems with them seem large, they are only a very small percentage of the 228 million accounts held. Remember you only hear the complaints side of the story and it may sound very different if you also heard PayPals side.
    Good Points Tony,

These complainers always say that Paypal never told them why they were disabled etc etc, or perhaps they were told why and do not want to reveal it.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Good Points Tony,

These complainers always say that Paypal never told them why they were disabled etc etc, or perhaps they were told why and do not want to reveal it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post

Name:  sSig_agreed.gif
Views: 89
Size:  1.3 KB ... I've used Payal for numerous purchases and payments for several years now and have never had any issues with them. If you follow the rules, no matter where or what you participate in, then you should have no problems with any reputable provider of services.
    Low Prices on Brand New Top Quality Luggage, Leathers, Bags, Cookware and more!!

Click The Banner Below To Our "All About" Page And Find All Our Clickable Store Links There

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well...I use always Pay Pal because of one main things most of Buyers in USA use Pay Pal to pay and because many are more secure if something goes wrong is easy to pul back your money...for the shipping still on Ebid I have one of lowest shipping Domestic and International for my any item...you buy one low shipping Domestic or International...you buy two or more in same day no more charge for the shipping for Domestic and International...raising cost of postage in USA well yep...yep...buy I going to offer same deal after any rising...so where is the Buyers why wait...?
    DELTA how is your weather...? Nashville still too cold around 75 day to day....
    ''BABE'' how is your Business...? for me I going to list more and more and more and more and more and....huh....

Oh it took a turn for the worss. We had a terrific storm last week, 50 mile per hour winds, and now it is about 40 to 50F with night in the 30s. Typical for Wisconsin in November.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see your point. Doing anything wrong on any site can cause a shared PP acount to be closed. That of course affects the fleebay account because PP is necessary to sell there. Not a good idea to use one PP account for everything?
    cases filed by buyers through the eBay and PayPal Buyer Protection programs will be considered along with DSRs in evaluating seller performance,

It does not mention where the item was sold only if it were through paypal buyer protection.

Quote Originally Posted by TreasureLoft View Post
    Name:  sSig_agreed.gif
Views: 89
Size:  1.3 KB ... I've used Payal for numerous purchases and payments for several years now and have never had any issues with them. If you follow the rules, no matter where or what you participate in, then you should have no problems with any reputable provider of services.
    Most of the sellers I know that got stung believed the same as you, that as long as they followed the rules then they were safe.

But the paypal system is so messed up that lets say you got a bargain deal from a supplier or found a selection of new items to sell, then that would be enough to set off the alarm bells for paypal.

Now the fact they want to know why is not a problem, it is the fact that they have locked your account while they look into it. You are unable to be paid by your buyers or pay your suppliers or staff in some cases. Out here that would not be a problem, but if you are on ebad then you can end up with a lot of angry buyers who are unable to pay, even though the fact they followed the ebad system it shows that they tried and you can be stung for item not received and any feedback that is giving.

It is also the fact that any regulations do not apply as you are now in the hands of an underpaid paypal employee that can do what ever they want, and you have no appeal, as your responses to them are your appeal. You are already considered guilty just because you had a chance to build on your business.

There are thousands of ways you can end up on the wrong end of a paypal decision when you follow the paypal rules

There is one promising thing for all those that have had enough with ebad and are focusing all efforts on here and other none ebad venues, if you look at when this was announced in the UK

PayPal UK’s MD, Carl Scheible, says “over half of all PayPal payments by value are now made on non-eBay websites,
    Last edited by hotandvintage; 1st November 2010 at 10:39 PM.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

never had anything on any of my 3 sites returned.had things go missing or are the buyers trying to claim 2 identical items,more likely.

cheers another Tony

Thread Information