Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Item not received

Default Item not received

Hi everyone! I have participated in an auction here and won an Iphone 4. The payment was made by me on 29th September, 2010 and the seller kept saying that he had delivered the product. However, till date I have not received the same. The payment was made through google checkout so there is no recourse. No replies either from the "great" seller. How do I resolve? I reside in a different country. Gopala Krishnan

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krishnanvidhu View Post
    Hi everyone! I have participated in an auction here and won an Iphone 4. The payment was made by me on 29th September, 2010 and the seller kept saying that he had delivered the product. However, till date I have not received the same. The payment was made through google checkout so there is no recourse. No replies either from the "great" seller. How do I resolve? I reside in a different country. Gopala Krishnan
    Which country did you purchase from?
    What is the item number on the listing?

Forum Newbie
    All-About pursesavings
    View pursesavings's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re:Item not received

Hi how did you pay for the iPhone 4 via Google Checkout? If you paid for it using your CC, you need to contact your CC company or financial institution whom issued your CC and provide them with all the transaction information between you and the seller to initiate a chargeback to refund your money. Did the seller provide you with a tracking # for your package? Anytime you are purchasing high end electronics or anything else of lesser value always ask the seller to provide you with a valid tracking number.

View morgana77's Feedback (+12)
    All-About morgana77
    View morgana77's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you paid with PayPal ? If so contact their fraud department to file charges
    morgana77
    www.marhababambinas.blogspot.com

Handknit gloves and wrist warmers - check my Adoption fundraising store Knitter's Attic

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morgana77 View Post
    Have you paid with PayPal ? If so contact their fraud department to file charges
    The OP states in the first post that they paid via Google Checkout
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Definitely report the incident (auction title, listing number, date, seller name and other relevant transaction info.) to eBid support, also to your credit card company, as mentioned above, if you used a credit card to pay.

Check with the postal carrier as well, if you have a tracking number.

Hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    All-About Jac5486
    View Jac5486's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How long do you wait?

I have the same problem. I purchased an item back on Jan 19th and my payment through pay pal was received and debited out of my account on that same day! The seller finally contacted me on Jan. 28th sayingtheitem has already been shipped out. Now this auction is closed and I can no longer contact the seller. We are both located in the United States! What do you suggest I do? I was also never given any tracking numbers.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you contacted Paypal? You can file a complaint (can't remember what it's called, old timer's strikes again) through Paypal saying the item wasn't received.

I would also contact eBid support about this.

Good luck and best wishes for many sales to all,

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jac5486 View Post
    I have the same problem. I purchased an item back on Jan 19th and my payment through pay pal was received and debited out of my account on that same day! The seller finally contacted me on Jan. 28th sayingtheitem has already been shipped out. Now this auction is closed and I can no longer contact the seller. We are both located in the United States! What do you suggest I do? I was also never given any tracking numbers.
    You should have a record of your 'won' items on your eBid Summary. Click on that 'Won' tab and you'll see the item won with the seller name. Shipped 28th January was a Friday (what shipping method?) - ignore Saturday & Sunday (not counted as business days) - today is Tuesday 1st Feb - wait till tomorrow Wednesday 2nd February - if no joy - take action first thing Thursday 3rd February.

Paying on January 19th and item finally gets shipped out on 28th January is very slack in my opinion. I ship out items within 72hrs of payment received (this covers me for any unforseen hiccups).

x

Wait at least a couple of weeks for a domestic delivery to arrive before filing a complaint, sheesh.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Thread Information