Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Help text does not malke sense.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Help text does not make sense.

The help text for changing a username (http://uk.ebid.net/help_register.php#14) is contradictory:

14) How can i change my username?

If you have registered and have made a mistake with your Username or have a valid reason for changing, please contact us via the Help section and if applicable we will make the necessary changes. There is a limit of 18 characters. We cannot accept spaces in the Username and characters such as stops and hyphens are not compatible, although underscores are acceptable. For security reasons please ensure you send the request from your registered email address.
    In the first instance it tells the user to make the request via the Help section and then tells them to email the request (with no indication as to where to send the email).
    Last edited by astral276; 31st October 2010 at 03:20 PM.

I agree. Help section would lead person to the support info email, and then the directions of emailing would lead to support if person knew who to email. In both places it would really help to give the support email address or better yet a link would be even better.

I know they hesitate to urge everyone to email for help, as you can tell by the questions people ask on the forums, some are very elementary and easily answered within 30 seconds of going to help section. But people are impatient and want it right now and will use the email to get surly with staff.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

When you use the help section contact us bit, it does ask for your email address.

or am I misunderstanding the whole query.

Thread Information