Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another twist in the saga of Google Shoppng search faults ...ughhh

Default Another twist in the saga of Google Shoppng search faults ...ughhh

Thought I'd start a new thread to follow up the posts and concerns in the thread started on Friday by Nataurelady on messed up Google search results.... http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...-Way-Messed-Up!!!

To follow this up I did some fresh searches this afternoon and thought I'd share the results, see if anyone trys and gets the same results and what the opinons and suggestions might be.

So...
    test sample is my eBid item 32205927 using Google Shopping search terms (note: with Google Checkout box unchecked) = Snow Buddies Set Christmas Figurines Ornaments. I actually dropped the '7-pc' and '&' sign from the search because when using them I got no results at all. (which I thought was weird since if I used just a standard Google search with a cut/paste of my exact listing title then the item showed up about half way down the first page although it pointed to my store here rather than just the item listing).

Anyway, doing the search exactly as stated produced this ...

Name:  2010-10-31_1640alt.PNG
Views: 128
Size:  27.2 KB

... notice under the price I've chosen to blank the ending letters of the site referenced out of respect and in accordance with eBid policies . If you chose to test this, and presumably you should get the same results, then actually clicking the item is going to take you to the 'dark side', specifically to one of my items listed under my personal account as a test to see how Google search actually produces it's results from site to site. What concerns me the most is not that Google picked up a listing from the 'dark side' but that it DIDN'T pick up the same item from eBid.

To further confuse me you'll remember that I stated "with the Google Checkout box unclicked" because if you do the search as stated, get the results shown in the snapshot above and then simply click the Google Checkout box ... the resulting listing disappears. What's that about?? Hell, for that matter what is Google all about?? AND ... to even further confuse me when I used the exact search terms stated above only NOT in Google Shopping but in standard Google search ... again the only result was for my personal listing at the 'dark side'.

K, i'm done whinning and now i'm gonna go have another brewski and let this out ....

Name:  sAng_scream.gif
Views: 129
Size:  5.9 KB
    Low Prices on Brand New Top Quality Luggage, Leathers, Bags, Cookware and more!!

Click The Banner Below To Our "All About" Page And Find All Our Clickable Store Links There

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TreasureLoft View Post

To further confuse me you'll remember that I stated "with the Google Checkout box unclicked" because if you do the search as stated, get the results shown in the snapshot above and then simply click the Google Checkout box ... the resulting listing disappears. What's that about??
    Errr Of course it does because Google Checkout is not allowed on the site that the listing is linked to.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Errr Of course it does because Google Checkout is not allowed on the site that the listing is linked to.

Name:  sCo_uhm.gif
Views: 132
Size:  696 Bytes .... you are correct. So my mistake and I'm so glad you could find something to comment about out of all the subject matter presented.
    Low Prices on Brand New Top Quality Luggage, Leathers, Bags, Cookware and more!!

Click The Banner Below To Our "All About" Page And Find All Our Clickable Store Links There

All-About TonyBridger
    Forum Posts

Name:  sCo_uhm.gif
Views: 132
Size:  696 Bytes .... you are correct. So my mistake and I'm so glad you could find something to comment about out of all the subject matter presented.
    Well I tested my items and mine are all on there correctly. My own website ones, my eBid ones, my eBay ones and another auction site. All of which are uploaded automatically by the various sites for me. So as all mine are OK I'm sorry I cannot help you with your problem

edited tio say - Google shopping only shows items that have been uploaded to them by the various sites.
    Last edited by TonyBridger; 31st October 2010 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Well I tested my items and mine are all on there correctly. My own website ones, my eBid ones, my eBay ones and another auction site. All of which are uploaded automatically by the various sites for me. So as all mine are OK I'm sorry I cannot help you with your problem

edited tio say - Google shopping only shows items that have been uploaded to them by the various sites.

Name:  sSig_agreed.gif
Views: 120
Size:  1.3 KB ... you are correct. In checking a couple of your items they do show up provided you are using the UK version of Google Shopping. If you use the US version your items do not show up and vice versa my items do not show up in the UK version, including the few items that I do in fact have set up to offer international shipping.

So, there's yet another unexplained phenomenom of Google Shopping search which doesn't exactly reinforce the ideaology that selling on eBid has the Google advantage. And, as has been pointed out and discussed many times across these forums. Since eBid isn't working to create it's own individual market share identity in the USA like 'other' auction sites and instead relying on Google shoppers then that further reduces it's viability for US sellers if the Google Shopping search isn't functioning accordingly.
    Last edited by TreasureLoft; 1st November 2010 at 01:19 PM.

All-About TonyBridger
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naturelady View Post
    Well Tony you are the lucky one!
    Sarcastic remarks are not the best way to make friends or get others to try and help you

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Attachment 19724

Name:  sSig_agreed.gif
Views: 120
Size:  1.3 KB ... you are correct. In checking a couple of your items they do show up provided you are using the UK version of Google Shopping. If you use the US version your items do not show up and vice versa my items do not show up in the UK version, including the few items that I do in fact have set up to offer international shipping.
    That's correct. It's how Google Shopping works, according to their own rules.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naturelady View Post
    Well Tony you are the lucky one!
    When techies are trying to track a problem it's every bit as helpful to know about what works, as what doesn't. It helps narrow down the causes.

Thread Information