eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shrinking google shopping exposure

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    The number of my items appearing on GS is increasing slowly
    What method are you using to check your totals? I have been going back and forth between google and google shopping, and have not looked for totals yet. Fast way?

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Do you find any of yours?

My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    Do you find any of yours?

Interesting, Gazza replied on other thread. Apparently my stores were rejected by google shopping a year ago, and do not appear there. But on google general searches, my items now appear, where they did not before (I had checked there and there were gone in both places earlier). So Gazza thinks my free second item shipping got my listings rejected, yet they all appear, along with stores in the general google searches. Kind of funny.

We will see what happens, I reread the restrictions and can see nothing on my stores to keep me out of google shopping, but we will see. Apparently I am getting sales because my stuff usually appears in the general searches, so that is good. Our stuff goes on both apparently.

So I can't judge if problem is fixed because my stuff does not appear in shopping. But my items popped up in general google searches and look ok, although I am a bit afraid to look any further into it at this point. Do your shopping items appear all there now? Other thread said that the download had been changed and now is being done using old method.

That is enough fun for tonight. I am going over to my knitting site and check the forums there. May be more exciting than here, now that problem is almost solved.!
    Last edited by deltadelta48; 2nd November 2010 at 01:47 AM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    So Gazza thinks my free second item shipping got my listings rejected, yet they all appear, along with stores in the general google searches. Kind of funny.
    Not really. Google Products has a myriad of criteria that must be met for submissions to be accepted. They seem to concentrate their enforcement of different ones at different times. That means you may get away with something that does not meet the criteria they state is needed but then if they suddenly decide they are going to be a stickler about that particular rule then you may find your items suddenly rejected.

The reason they still appear in general Google searches is because there they are picked up by Google's spiders crawling the eBid site - and the spiders do not care about the rules that apply to Google Products submissions; they just see a page (which in this case happens to contain an eBid listing).

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Not really. Google Products has a myriad of criteria that must be met for submissions to be accepted. They seem to concentrate their enforcement of different ones at different times. That means you may get away with something that does not meet the criteria they state is needed but then if they suddenly decide they are going to be a stickler about that particular rule then you may find your items suddenly rejected.

The reason they still appear in general Google searches is because there they are picked up by Google's spiders crawling the eBid site - and the spiders do not care about the rules that apply to Google Products submissions; they just see a page (which in this case happens to contain an eBid listing).

Makes sense except the spiders were not working yesterday at all, non of my listings/stores appeared in general search, and now are back. Glitch must have affected it?

If I have to do some little change to get downloaded to shopping fine, but can't see giving up discounting shipping on second items just to appear on shopping. I will lose buyers who like that feature, and I appear on google anyway in the more popular general section. Oh well, as Scarlet said, I will worry about that tomorrow!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cornishmaid, thanks for the info., not panicking, just deep breathing now.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Get with the program Delta!

You are the chick telling all the nubes how to get on GS

Being on google web search is not comparable to GS

Virtually all of my electronics items have free shipping for additional items without a violation of GS TOS

"Pay no additional shipping and handling on additional items purchased from this store at the same time. Only the first S&H (highest) charge applies to combined purchases. You must wait for an invoice before paying to receive the discount"

"Free Shipping" is the bad text for them
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    ...but can't see giving up discounting shipping on second items just to appear on shopping. I will lose buyers who like that feature, and I appear on google anyway in the more popular general section.
    It's not a matter of giving up discounted or free shipping. If you read the requirements that Google has (http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#47) then no shipping information should appear in the first 250 characters of your item description. They have always been funny about boilerplate text appearing within description text but seem to have got more bolshie about it lately.

I'm not saying having shipping information near the start of your listings is the cause of your problems, but until your listings comply with Google's dictates then you cannot point the finger at eBid or Google.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

How much interest does google shopping generate in reality?.It's handy (bit like Tescos "every little helps") but I don't think its the be all and end all that some seem to think it is.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    How much interest does google shopping generate in reality?.It's handy (bit like Tescos "every little helps") but I don't think its the be all and end all that some seem to think it is.
    Burn him! Heretic!!

I agree ;o)

Thread Information