Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In defence of RUN UNTIL SOLD

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

The comments above are right, the problem is sellers abandoning their listings and not RUS. 100% of my items (all Buy Nows) are RUS and if the site didn’t offer that facility I wouldn’t be here. I have enough to do keeping my shops stocked without having to bother with listings finishing and restarting. Long live RUS. Tony

Thank you for this, Kim. I've been defending RUS every time there's a complaint on the forums, because without that tool I would have to drop thousands of our low-priced items. Many people have purchased several of these at one time, and they have attracted a lot of new eBid members. But it would be too time-consuming to have to keep relisting them.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Thank you for this, Kim. I've been defending RUS every time there's a complaint on the forums, because without that tool I would have to drop thousands of our low-priced items. Many people have purchased several of these at one time, and they have attracted a lot of new eBid members. But it would be too time-consuming to have to keep relisting them.
    I agree with you. I plan to use it myself when I can get enough listings up that are worth running in this manner. You are not the problem. Nor will you be in the future. I guess what I am trying to say that without very close monitoring RUS will in the end be a problem for you and for all the responsible sellers out there.

We on this forum undrstand how to check for responsible sellers. Newbies do not have that same knowlege when they start. If your first experience is a bad one how far do you think that news travels. My guess is it goes a lot farther than good news does.

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    I agree with you. I plan to use it myself when I can get enough listings up that are worth running in this manner. You are not the problem. Nor will you be in the future. I guess what I am trying to say that without very close monitoring RUS will in the end be a problem for you and for all the responsible sellers out there.

We on this forum undrstand how to check for responsible sellers. Newbies do not have that same knowlege when they start. If your first experience is a bad one how far do you think that news travels. My guess is it goes a lot farther than good news does.

Agree. I still don't know why ebid just doesn't implement a 'log-in' requirement to keep items active. I don't think it much to ask for sellers to log in every so often. UPS requires it to keep our shipping account active...and they're a lot bigger than ebid.

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Agree. I still don't know why ebid just doesn't implement a 'log-in' requirement to keep items active. I don't think it much to ask for sellers to log in every so often. UPS requires it to keep our shipping account active...and they're a lot bigger than ebid.
    I believe they did implement such a policy. I searched for the thread and can't find it. I also don't find it mentioned in the FAQs.

Sellers now have to log in periodically or their listings will be deleted. I can't remember if the period was one month, two months, three months . . . ? Perhaps someone else remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I believe they did implement such a policy. I searched for the thread and can't find it. I also don't find it mentioned in the FAQs.

Sellers now have to log in periodically or their listings will be deleted. I can't remember if the period was one month, two months, three months . . . ? Perhaps someone else remembers.
    I know it was discussed at one point and suggested, but whether it was implemented I never heard. I know it was never announced in any of the newsletters I've received from ebid. If ebid admin changed the requiements...which I hope they did...perhaps it is listed somewhere on the site. Where...I do not know.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    I know it was discussed at one point and suggested, but whether it was implemented I never heard. I know it was never announced in any of the newsletters I've received from ebid. If ebid admin changed the requiements...which I hope they did...perhaps it is listed somewhere on the site. Where...I do not know.
    24th August 2010 04:55 PM #151
    gazza
    Administrator
    Feedback
    +2
    All About
    gazza
    Forum Posts

BUGFIX - Starting Bid field dupilcated on edit form
    BUGFIX - Extra Category not showing correctly
    BUGFIX - Shipping and Total amounts not showing correctly on PayPal and PPPay checkouts on continental sites
    BUGFIX - "Log in for Status" link on auction pages not redirecting back to auction page
    UPDATE - Run Until Sold items not being removed after 365 days
    UPDATE - OFB and RUS items being removed after 365 days if seller has not logged in for lengthy period of time

The problem was that "a lengthy period of time" was not defined - probably so they could adjust it if they felt it necessary - so we don't know the exact details. But stuff did start going... at which point a different subset of eBidders started moaning about the numbers dropping. *grin*

Thanks Kim. I'm glad to see they implemented something...though we don't know exactly what it is.

As for the numbers dropping...let them drop. At least the sellers who are active will give customers good service. Word spreads when sellers are inactive and buyers will leave if they can't get responses from sellers. I'd rather have the buyers than the 'inflated' numbers, IMHO.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Kimbo,

Really like your RUS thread, from one who uses it and also lists regularly, thanks.

Best wishes for many sales,

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    UPDATE - OFB and RUS items being removed after 365 days if seller has not logged in for lengthy period of time

The problem was that "a lengthy period of time" was not defined - probably so they could adjust it if they felt it necessary - so we don't know the exact details. But stuff did start going... at which point a different subset of eBidders started moaning about the numbers dropping. *grin*
    There's no way to please everybody.

Personally, I prefer a smaller site that buyers can trust. It hasn't hurt my sales . . . they went up after the total number of listings went down.

And I've noticed the number of listings slowly goes up, then suddenly drops, I think now when that happens it means there were a lot of sales. Not exactly a bad thing.

Thread Information