Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In defence of RUN UNTIL SOLD

Well said, Kim.

So far I've been listing with the 7 day 10 reposts, with a bid and a BIN.

I started listing here in May and I haven't been confident about how I'm setting up my listings. I've been reposting and checking each one and revising it. (I've got about 300 to repost right now and lots of things to list.)

At some point, though, I think that I will use RUS for at least a portion of my listings.

I'm glad to hear that the abandoned items and stores are being dealt with. Those sellers have a definite and major negative impact on eBid in general and on the active and efficient sellers.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31499)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Totally agree. Hopefully ebid admin will handle this problem quickly. Too many new buyers coming to site, then after purchasing item, never hearing from seller. Word spreads quickly of these situations and buyers will not come back.
    So the issue is not really whether someone logs into Ebid regularly, it is whether they respond promptly and appropriately to sales when they happen.
    So ebid admin need to check response time to sales notices.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    So the issue is not really whether someone logs into Ebid regularly, it is whether they respond promptly and appropriately to sales when they happen.
    So ebid admin need to check response time to sales notices.
    No, that's too late. By the time a sale has failed, the site has already lost a disgruntled buyer. These people need to be removed *before* they fail to complete a sale and damage the site's reputation.

I agree Kim - a dud seller needs to be stopped before they make a sale - the cost to the site is a disgruntled buyer, and the possible loss of future sales for other buyers who are on the ball and eagerly waiting to part buyer and money and to pass on some work to the royal mail.

For me, I'm online pretty much everyday, and at some point through the course of the day I have to re-log in. I set it for the site to remember me for 24 hours. So, at a guess, I'd say that most other sellers, even the rogue sellers we have on eBid, would be online at some point through the course of the day - even if they've listed here, had no sales, and thought stuff this, I'll stick with ???? site - they'd still be online. Perhaps we could get eBid to email sellers that haven't logged in for say a month - to jog their memory and remind them that they have listings / obligations here. If after a reasonable time, they still haven't logged in, then maybe another email - or cancel their membership, and delete the listings. The only problem that I can foresee with that is that if the seller has bought lifetime membership - it could cause problems. Maybe eBid need to add something in their lifetime seller membership about sellers & the logging in bit otherwise their listings will be removed.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

It is possible for a seller to manage without ever logging on if the buyers always pay immediately. Between the eBid notice and the PayPal notice, all the information is available from email.

However, I don't think it's at all unreasonable to require even those sellers to log on at least once every 30 days. I think if nothing else they should be leaving feedback for their buyers. And that includes the lifetime members. If it's added to the rules, and clearly stated, they should forfeit their membership fee if they don't verify that they are still active.

And of course stores put on holiday notice would be excluded. No one can buy anything, so the rule would have to be suspended in case someone is taking a very long vacation.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    It is possible for a seller to manage without ever logging on if the buyers always pay immediately. Between the eBid notice and the PayPal notice, all the information is available from email.

However, I don't think it's at all unreasonable to require even those sellers to log on at least once every 30 days. I think if nothing else they should be leaving feedback for their buyers. And that includes the lifetime members. If it's added to the rules, and clearly stated, they should forfeit their membership fee if they don't verify that they are still active.

And of course stores put on holiday notice would be excluded. No one can buy anything, so the rule would have to be suspended in case someone is taking a very long vacation.
    Sounds fair to me. I think once a month is a perfectly reasonable frequency to ask a seller to perform one simple task to show they're still here.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Sounds fair to me. I think once a month is a perfectly reasonable frequency to ask a seller to perform one simple task to show they're still here.
    Thirty days would be my preference. Seller+ is a privilege. When I signed up it was to get the benefit of stores and free listings and I understood that maintainig them was my job. As with anything else if you do not keep your part of the bargain then you should lose the privilege.

I believe that this should be part of the seller's agreement when you sign up for Seller's +. Then IF they bother to read it they will know there are grounds for a suspension of listings.

One of the biggest listers in a clothing store only visited when I asked a question and has not been back to the store since. Everything in the store is RUS. It took 2 days for them to answer my question. My listings are on page 6 or so and theirs is on the front page. I work at mine and they do nothing.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK so after a period of say 30 days with no log in a sellers status could be changed to " the holiday notice" . No one can buy anything until the seller visited Ebid again, and changes the notice.

Malcolm
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    OK so after a period of say 30 days with no log in a sellers status could be changed to " the holiday notice" . No one can buy anything until the seller visited Ebid again, and changes the notice.

Malcolm
    Wouldn't that mean the site would just be full of dead auctions that no one can buy. I would soon get fed up seaching through them for something I could buy
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post

Malcolm
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Wouldn't that mean the site would just be full of dead auctions that no one can buy. I would soon get fed up seaching through them for something I could buy
    Quite so. Non-performing sellers should have their auctions closed, not put on holiday. They need to become invisible.

Thread Information