eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I upgrade to Lifetime Seller +?

Forum Newbie
    All-About dbong02
    View dbong02's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Should I upgrade to Lifetime Seller +?

Hey guys,

I just joined eBids and think it's pretty cool so far. Now, I sell a moderate amount of items on ebay (about 5 items/month) and I hate all the fees. So I don't know if I should switch over to here and buy a lifetime seller + account or not. Is it worth it? I can buy it now for $50...

Thanks,

Dbong02

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oooh that's a tricky one,
    Normally I say if you are a serious regular seller, its probably worth it.

Once you have paid the fee, that's it (except for the 2% fvf fee) which allows you free gallery

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Depends on your items, dbong. If they are high end and you are paying a lot in fees, then it would certainly benefit you. Otherwise, I would see how the sales go before committing.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, I am new to eBID but haven't sold anything here yet. I paid seller+ because I wanted the gallery option and to be able to schedule listings. Both of these things I felt were important.
    I also sell on the other site but with more success - does it have to be one site or the other?
    By the way, I have no intention of quitting here - I like the simplicity of listings, the 2% fees (if I ever sell anything!) - and the friendly people in the forums. Welcome! I wish you well and if you discover the fine art of actually selling anything on here tell me what it is! The dark glass icon showing low feedback when we haven't had chance to earn any I think is a definate disadvantage. One day I am hoping someone will give me a try and buy something.
    I hope this helps. cheaver

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

What i did to get rid of those dark glasses (it took me a while to see them and then find out what they were !) well I was really wanting some ebid feedback.

So I sold a few things at below cost. To build up my feedback and credibility as I am miles away.
    Some people buy a few things, that also gets you feedback and helps get rid of those glasses.

(I try to buy things on ebid if I can)

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    What i did to get rid of those dark glasses (it took me a while to see them and then find out what they were !) well I was really wanting some ebid feedback.

So I sold a few things at below cost. To build up my feedback and credibility as I am miles away.
    Some people buy a few things, that also gets you feedback and helps get rid of those glasses.

(I try to buy things on ebid if I can)
    Good Morning, may I ask how many transactions did you do before the dark glasses icon went?

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Hi, I am new to eBID but haven't sold anything here yet. I paid seller+ because I wanted the gallery option and to be able to schedule listings. Both of these things I felt were important.
    I also sell on the other site but with more success - does it have to be one site or the other?
    By the way, I have no intention of quitting here - I like the simplicity of listings, the 2% fees (if I ever sell anything!) - and the friendly people in the forums. Welcome! I wish you well and if you discover the fine art of actually selling anything on here tell me what it is! The dark glass icon showing low feedback when we haven't had chance to earn any I think is a definate disadvantage. One day I am hoping someone will give me a try and buy something.
    I hope this helps. cheaver
    ...Just a thought - a person just starting can always buy a couple items, low price or necessary items, to start the feedback going......I do both buying and selling on here. The YDC auctions are a great place to start, as you are benefiting a charity as well as getting an item.......just type in YDC* in the search box...............enjoy your day!!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

[COLOR="Blue"]I paid seller+ because I wanted the gallery option and to be able to schedule listings. Both of these things I felt were important.
    You could so that without taking out a Seller+ subscription. Platinum format listings give basic Sellers those features and more.

No. you can list on as many sites as you wish. Even eBay has not tried to implement such a 'Big Brother' rule (yet).

...how many transactions did you do before the dark glasses icon went?
    They vanish with feedback of 5 and above. You do have the option of importing your feedback from other sites if you wish. There is polarised opinion on whether this is a correct thing to do, but it is allowed by eBid and the choice is yours.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you so much for this reply. Very very interesting & informative. If I were to import my feedback would it be lost on eBay?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you so much for this reply. Very very interesting & informative. If I were to import my feedback would it be lost on eBay?
    No.

More info here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0006 and in its related topics.

Thread Information