eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another non payer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View caramia64's Feedback (+399)
    All-About caramia64
    View caramia64's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Another non payer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet another non payer, I've lost count of how often this happens now! Its so disheartening . You get all excited when you do get a hard earned sale and then defeated when the person doesn't pay for the goods. Whats more annoying is that they haven't got the common decency to answer messages etc to say they've changed their mind or whatever other reason they may have for not completing the transaction! Well I've had my rant , better take a chill pill now!!!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had an email from a seller today telling me their internet has been down for several days...........maybe there is a similar issue with your buyer.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with HerMajesty, this winter weather has been hitting some folks really hard.

Hope you hear some good news soon.

Best wishes for many (good) sales to all,

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caramia64 View Post
    Yet another non payer, I've lost count of how often this happens now! Its so disheartening . You get all excited when you do get a hard earned sale and then defeated when the person doesn't pay for the goods. Whats more annoying is that they haven't got the common decency to answer messages etc to say they've changed their mind or whatever other reason they may have for not completing the transaction! Well I've had my rant , better take a chill pill now!!!
    I took a peek at the Neg you gave, and, if I read correctly, you gave it 7 days after buyer won item.

I'm a little more patient. I give up to 14 days for my buyers to pay - 7 days for online payment or 14 days for snail mail payment - or as per agreed arrangement.

All-About caramia64
    Forum Posts

I gave it 7 days however in the interim I did try to contact the buyer 3 times and not once did I get a response. Had they contacted me and indicated whatever the problem was I would have been more than willing to wait longer. In fact if they still contacted me to say why no response etc for reasons like weather / computer down etc I'd gladly change feedback if payment eventually made. I'm not an ogre, believe me. I have waited over a month on the other side for a payment when buyer has had decency to contact me. I've also always changed feedback if I feel I have been too harsh.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Folks , just a quick word on this....yes , right now it MIGHT be a weather related problem....but I agree with Caramia...7 days is plenty for people to get intouch...
    then take it from there..........just my opinion...........papa.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

agreed. 7 days is fair! Personally if I am buying something I pay for it pretty smartish, if only because I want to get the item soon!

All-About caramia64
    Forum Posts

Thank you Papa and darklisruthven, I began to question my decision making there for a minute. If they had problems they had opportunity to say so. If my internet was down I would try a friend or relative to get in touch etc rather than not respond at all. I'm sure there are a few genuine cases about , however again you would think they would eventually offer to pay, or explain reason, to have the feedback changed? I know I would in that situation if a genuine reason eg hospital admission etc. Sad to say there are a number of folk who click the buy button , later decide they don't want the goods but can't be bothered to contact seller to indicate so! I have had a seller say she clicked on buy by mistake and could I cancel transaction, at least she made contact, hence it was duly cancelled and I wouldn't give someone a neutral or negative in that situation, though personally disappointed to be honest that sale fell through.

Sorry your sale fell through heres to the next one caramia

Thread Information