Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A nasty experience

Forum Newbie
    View Fabriholic's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Fabriholic
    View Fabriholic's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default A nasty experience

I am relatively new here to EBid and tried to contact management about this problem but it seems I am supposed to post it here first.

I bought a number of jewellery items from a seller here . I received them and they do not look like the photographs to me! the colours are different. The angles taken were hiding some ugly features I did not know about. The seller had offered a guarantee but she has said she will not offer it to me because I had "buyers remorse". I think that is supposed to mean I changed my mind after buying them. Fact is, I did not like them. They are not like the photos and I had asked questions to check things before I purchased. I think she needs better photos and more views, rather than one shot from some flattering angle. Also, details are seen in the photos which are not seen unless you hold it into bright light ad magnify. To me, the items were very disappointing and ugly.

The seller keeps asking me to put feedback for her but I asked her why. I cannot understand why she does not resolve the problem, given that I was prepared to pay return postage and pay the 15% restocking fee which is in her guarantee. She ignored me. So I wrote again. This time she got angry and told me she hopes I never go in her shop again. Also she says I took a long time to pay but that is not true at all. I pay for all my purchases as soon as possible. Only thing is that all her auctions did not end on the same day so I wrote and asked if it is OK to pay when the last one ended. She agreed.

Should I just put a whole lot of negatives on her profile or is management able to intervene and try to fix this situation before I have to resort to writing the truth about the transaction??

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would contact eBid support and send them copies of the relevant e mails/transactions between you and the seller as well as explaining the situation completely, the way you did in this post. Maybe someone else will have better info./other ideas but that is what I'd do if it were me.

Personally, I can't understand why anyone would get so angry, especially since you were willing to pay the shipping/restocking fees, but, then again, I can't claim to understand everything, even if my cats think I do.

BTW: Some of us are just not good photographers, myself included, although, IMHO, that is no excuse for the seller's poor attitude.

Good luck and best wishes,
    Last edited by suesjools; 9th December 2010 at 01:28 AM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

You really need a response from a fellow Australian as the bulk of us here have no knowledge of Australian consumer laws that may apply.

In the UK goods must be as described and fit for purpose - if they are not then there are means of redress and return postage and restocking fees cannot be applied.

Was the seller a fellow Australian? How did you pay? Does the method of payment allow you to reverse it?

Forum Newbie
    All-About Fabriholic
    Forum Posts

Default Thanks for replies

Actually the seller is in USA. She told me her guarantee is for American customers only even though it does not say that.
    Besides, our laws are same as yours in UK. And I can only assume USA has same laws of portraying the item accurately. Indeed the rings were the same size but very different looking in my opinion!!
    She has just written to me and sais she is posting the photos and some of the actual goods to EBid to get their opinion....I wonder if she does.

I don't know how to contact EBid management yet except through this forum??

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Fabriholic, sorry you are having such a difficult buying experience. I agree that you should continue to work through eBid support; also if you paid via P*ypal, they could also assist in the process. I have to agree though that good pics can be a challenge for some sellers, I also struggle in the area of high defo pics.

I see you are from Australia; have had several buyers from Australia, & the sales went very smoothly. Hang in there. Not sure I understand why the seller will not simply refund your money. Guarantees should be applicable to all customers no matter where they are from (eBid is an international market place). I do include some differences in my payment policies & s/h policies on My About Me Page, but it stated clearly & needs to be there. Hope things get sorted for you soon.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

[Quote by Fabrholic] I don't know how to contact EBid management yet except through this forum?? [UnQuote]

Click "Help" (Top & Right) on this page
    Click "Contact Us" tab on Right
    Click "Open a support ticket"

Scroll down the page & complete the imfo requested (name, user name, email, issue in inquiry area)

*Make sure you copy & paste link to be added to inquiry area showing auction &/or communication details between you and the seller. This will help support pin point the issue easier & respond quicker.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    [Quote by Fabrholic] I don't know how to contact EBid management yet except through this forum?? [UnQuote]

Click "Help" (Top & Right) on this page
    Click "Contact Us" tab on Right
    Click "Open a support ticket"

Scroll down the page & complete the imfo requested (name, user name, email, issue in inquiry area)

*Make sure you copy & paste link to be added to inquiry area showing auction &/or communication details between you and the seller. This will help support pin point the issue easier & respond quicker.
    This is good advice. I would also include a link to this thread, in case they want to check it, too.

Best wishes,

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

She told me her guarantee is for American customers only even though it does not say that.
    Sounds like an attempt to wriggle out of the situation to me. A sellers guarantee should apply to buyers from anywhere. If thats not the case, she shouldnt make her goods available to buyers from places where the guarantee is not applicable (though it sounds very odd to me). The angry "hoping you never visit her shop again" also sounds very weird. I have to echo the others on here - report to Ebid support with all the messages and things that have been sent back and forth.

As for the issue of high definition pictures, thats not a total get-out possiblity either. Even if she only had a low resolution camera, she could have always written about any additional markings not shown, in the item descriptions. For example, if I am selling a used book, I photograph the cover for the listing. Say then, that inside, there is the original owners name written on the flyleaf, or the flyleaf has been torn out. I will clearly state this in the listing description.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Fabriholic
    Forum Posts

Default Thankyou

Thanks everyone . You have been very helpful. I will follow your instructions to contact management.

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time too. I hope that you will be able to resolve your issues.

I do have just one comment though-you mention the color wasn't the same. The trouble with monitors is that the item can look great when you post it but the receiver may have their monitors set differently and the colors do not match.

I think all of your concerns are valid but you may find the color issue common when you are buying jewelry or clothing.

Best wishes and we hope that you will continue to be a valued Ebid customer.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Thread Information