Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchase was from Ireland, but seller lied, shipping from China

Angry Purchase was from Ireland, but seller lied, shipping from China

I purchased brand new Bose in-ear headphone and made the payment via Paypal on November 27th - I checked the item very carefully, saw it was coming from ireland, and time was stated as around 10 - 20 days from payment. (Item number 33893969)

I have not received the item yet, nor any info re tracking, so made contact with the seller. I reced a reply with a link to a chinese web site! He has since advised me that he is shipping from China and it will be in the region of 20 - 30 Business days. Had I known it was coming from China - I would not have made this purchase. It clearly states it is from Ireland.

How can people see on here saying they are in Ireland, and then send from China? Do I have any kind of get out at all, or do I just have to wait.

I cannot believe that this has happened. I am happy to buy from Europe at this time of year, but not the other side of the world.

Hi,
    I would think you could put a dispute into Paypal for misrepresentation or contact eBid support. If at the very least it may stop them from doing it again to someone else especially if it was expected to be received by you alot sooner than expected. eBid has a great support group and they WILL investigate it.
    Hopefully this helps!

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tingleyone View Post
    I purchased brand new Bose in-ear headphone and made the payment via Paypal on November 27th - I checked the item very carefully, saw it was coming from ireland, and time was stated as around 10 - 20 days from payment. (Item number 33893969)

I have not received the item yet, nor any info re tracking, so made contact with the seller. I reced a reply with a link to a chinese web site! He has since advised me that he is shipping from China and it will be in the region of 20 - 30 Business days. Had I known it was coming from China - I would not have made this purchase. It clearly states it is from Ireland.

How can people see on here saying they are in Ireland, and then send from China? Do I have any kind of get out at all, or do I just have to wait.

I cannot believe that this has happened. I am happy to buy from Europe at this time of year, but not the other side of the world.

Well I always say check before you buy and stay away from any products that are offered as branded by any Chinese supplier as the likelihood of these being fake is 9 out of 10. In fact one of web pages which most of Seller use for selling branded stuff all around is’’DH Gate’’
    Important Note: Please be aware that a lot of sellers use this marketplace to sell counterfeit goods and we do not recommend purchasing ANY branded goods off this site as there is a 99% chance they will be fake.
    DH gate is a great source for most items except brand name products.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Please be aware that a lot of sellers use this marketplace to sell counterfeit goods ...
    "This marketplace..." Are you referring to eBid??? If so, what facts do you have to substantiate that statement?? Just curious....

Thanks for your replies, being a new one to EBid, please can you explain DH Gate?

Looking at the item description there is no mention at all of China - if there had been then I would not have made the purchase. I have made contact with the seller, and had quite a few replies. He / she knows that I am furious, and as "apologised", but I feel that I have been totally misled, and am not sure what to do! So, any pointers will be gratefully received. I am happy to copy and paste the contact I have had if anyone wants to know.

Contact eBid right away. support@ebid.net

This is misrepresentation, and they have no way of knowing about it unless you tell them.

Contact PayPal and put in a chargeback for "item not as described". There's a time limit, so do it right away.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    "This marketplace..." Are you referring to eBid??? If so, what facts do you have to substantiate that statement?? Just curious....
    I think he's talking about the other site he names, whatever that is; never heard of it myself. Not sure what the heck it's got to do with here!

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think your in the murky waters of dropshipping.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep I think of ''DH Gate'' and this is marketplace where many Sellers buy from Chinese suppliers all branded names and after that selling all this stuff all around...and I not think of eBid I just saying most of branded names comes from that marketplace and Sellers selling this on any auction site or own web store...all branded names plus top of that many TV box sets new release DVDs too...DH Gate is place where all Chinese suppliers with own Chinese store put on sale all this stuff.......

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with TiasTreasures; I would contact eBid support and Paypal, the sooner the better.

Happy holidays and best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information