eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What I don't like about eBid...

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

''Aftech'' I understand you....and I can only reply to you ''Have you got what you paid for?.....

View aftech's Feedback (+493)
    All-About aftech
    View aftech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Aftech

What about using a text editor ?
    Would that use less characters.

And do you expect ebid to double their storage limits and spend ages working on just one aspect when no one else has asked for this.

There are many more things ebid could do that would help us all sell more.

(I am not trying to be be nasty, I just would like you to accept that you are new to ebid and to go with the flow for a while)
    I have gone with the flow for a while. How do you know no one asked for it? I know for a fact that other sellers complained about this too. You haven't encountered this problem so you don't understand how frustrating and annoying it is.
    Anyway, I'm pointing to a problem that needs to be fixed. If ebid staff think it's not worthy fixing, so be it. Let's leave it to them to decide. Done.

All-About aftech
    View aftech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Wow, I must admit I've just looked at the code for your page for the first time, and I see what Astral's getting at. Are you *sure* you're doing all the formatting via the ebid editor? Because it does seem extraordinary that you have this:

<li style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 30px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-weight: inherit; font-size: 16px; "><span style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-weight: inherit; font-size: 16px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); ">

for each list item, when all that's required is "<li>" - no wonder you're hitting limits that nobody else is finding. I'm sure you can see, without any need of html expertise, that something's wrong there. If the editor's producing that on a single pass, something is wrong with the editor and maybe *that*'s what ebid should be looking.
    Yes I'm absolutely sure. Maybe the editor generates these codes when you make a text in the middle then at the right then in the middle and so on...I have no idea why the code is like that. I take an existing listing and delete what I don't need then type or paste what I need to add. When I type or paste, I remove formatting then format in the editor as needed.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aftech View Post
    Yes I'm absolutely sure. Maybe the editor generates these codes when you make a text in the middle then at the right then in the middle and so on...I have no idea why the code is like that. I take an existing listing and delete what I don't need then type or paste what I need to add. When I type or paste, I remove formatting then format in the editor as needed.
    If I have time I'll do some experimenting. There's no way it should be producing something that bad, and if we can pinpoint the cause it could be fixable.

All-About aftech
    View aftech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    If I have time I'll do some experimenting. There's no way it should be producing something that bad, and if we can pinpoint the cause it could be fixable.
    Thanks kimbo. Helpful as always.
    I have a lot of text to put in the listing and certainly don't want it to look dull so definitely some formatting is needed. I never have had this problem on any other marketplace website, just ebid.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I did notice that using HTML in Word will produce extra unwanted codes when pasting into the edit window. That is why I use Note Tab Light HTML editor or I use notepad.

x

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I did notice that using HTML in Word will produce extra unwanted codes when pasting into the edit window. That is why I use Note Tab Light HTML editor or I use notepad.

x
    For me you are the Queen of HTML XXX

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aftech View Post
    Thanks kimbo. Helpful as always.
    I have a lot of text to put in the listing and certainly don't want it to look dull so definitely some formatting is needed. I never have had this problem on any other marketplace website, just ebid.
    I took a quick peek at your coding:

<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); "><span style="font-size: large; "><span style="font-family: Verdana; ">This item is not DOA (Dead On Arrival) or we give your money back!<br />

</span></span></span>
    could be:

<span style="font-family : verdana; color : #000000; font-size : 14pt">This item is not DOA (Dead On Arrival) or we give your money back!

</span>
    x

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    For me you are the Queen of HTML XXX
    AAAaaawe shucks thanks
    I do slip up occasionally and when I do, oh boy it's a humdinger!

x

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

What's a cleaned up version look like?

<just interested and not stirring it up, >

Damn! He's deleted his post!

Thread Information