Thread: Non Payment of orders

Forum Newbie
    Parkgate, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View carolmart's Feedback (+8)
    All-About carolmart
    View carolmart's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Non Payment of orders

I have had several customers make a purchase, but then do not make any payment. Even when I send an invoice and reminders. I seem to spend more time chasing up payments, than actually receiving fully completed orders. Why does the payment not go through before message is sent that I have received a successful sale? To my mind it is not successful until payment has been made. Have any other sellers had this problem?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not yet. (I'm touching wood!)
    I get message that sale is a successful event. Then I wait for a while and a) payment is received without the need for invoice or b) I send invoice then money is received. Then I post.
    Are you saying you have had several non-paying Buyers? (It reads as though the problem you are encountering is an eBid administrative one which I don't understand.)

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had occasional non-payers on every selling site I've used, and don't get more here than elsewhere. There is no demand here for immediate payment, and I for one wouldn't want that as compulsory. I like people to browse, buy a few different items if they wish, and they are welcome to ask for shipping discounts when they do - so I don't want them paying till I've invoiced. Since this is an auction as well as fixed-price venue, there may well be some days to wait after bidding before an item completes. The mail-order instant purchase model wouldn't work properly here. However, having a "pay immediately to complete sale" option on the site for fixed price listings would be beneficial to some, and has been asked for in the suggestions forum a few times. Unfortunately not all suggestions are acted upon by the owners, but there's no harm in asking.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have no non payers on this site.
    On Amazon quite a lot of payments didn't go through, and maybe 5% non payers on Ebay.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Ive had some on here, its just the waste of time sending reminders that annoys me, rather they just said sorry item not required.

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had quite a few since I joined. Can't understand why eBid don't wait until payment has been verified, THEN confirm the sale. It would save a whole heap of bother getting the FVF's back. I've got to the stage I just don't bother asking for them to be returned - UNLESS it's a large amount (I wish!).
    Nancy
    Ceud mìle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

I also have had 3 recent, non paying "successful sales" - 1 just before Christmas and 2 after. I have on this occasion filed a non paying bidder for just one of them, I have waited three weeks in total sending reminder invoices at weekly intervals.

Tricia

What size are you requiring?

8-14, 16-18, XL, XXL or XXXL
    We have your legs covered, from your desktop to your door – we do all the legwork!

Ladies Legwear & Accessories for all occasions

Forum Lurker
    Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View happyhammers2010's Feedback (+76)
    All-About happyhammers2010
    View happyhammers2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Ive had some on here, its just the waste of time sending reminders that annoys me, rather they just said sorry item not required.
    Well said thats more frustrating that not getting the payment, all they need to do it tell you and it would save a lot of time and effort I had two monumental non payers over xmas, one buyer purchased 7 items from me totalling over £100 and then just didnt contact me and another purchased 3 items over £50 in value and same story. I really dont mind if they would just tell me

I also don't mind if buyers change their mind before payment, all I would like is notification that they wish to cancel the order, I am not looking for any reason or story. In some cases I have just one item left in the colour they have chosen and if they are not going to buy it and not let me know, I then have to hang on to it for at least 4 weeks before I can relist it, which is annoying.

Tricia

What size are you requiring?

8-14, 16-18, XL, XXL or XXXL
    We have your legs covered, from your desktop to your door – we do all the legwork!

Ladies Legwear & Accessories for all occasions

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asktricia View Post
    I also don't mind if buyers change their mind before payment, all I would like is notification that they wish to cancel the order, I am not looking for any reason or story. In some cases I have just one item left in the colour they have chosen and if they are not going to buy it and not let me know, I then have to hang on to it for at least 4 weeks before I can relist it, which is annoying.

Tricia
    If eBid would just give us the "cancel order" sellers' option I've been asking for you could cancel the sale after a reasonable period and crack on with relisting, no 4 week delay necessary.

Thread Information