My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: 2 Questions about listings, auctions and stores

Default 2 Questions about listings, auctions and stores

Hi Everyone, I just joined ebid and am hoping to get a couple of questions answered. I just listed my first item yesterday when I joined and it seems fairly easy since I have been working with the other e auction site for years.
    What I was wondering is;
    1. For others out there that are on both e sites do you use the same inventory on both sites or do you have seperate inventories?
    2. Here on ebid do most people run both auctions and stores and if so does one seem to do better than the other?
    And then another one that I just thought of: Why does ebid give you 5 stores?? What's up with that?
    Hope someone can give me some advice here so I can start to listing.
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by littlehill View Post
    Hi Everyone, I just joined ebid and am hoping to get a couple of questions answered. I just listed my first item yesterday when I joined and it seems fairly easy since I have been working with the other e auction site for years.
    What I was wondering is;
    1. For others out there that are on both e sites do you use the same inventory on both sites or do you have seperate inventories?
    2. Here on ebid do most people run both auctions and stores and if so does one seem to do better than the other?
    And then another one that I just thought of: Why does ebid give you 5 stores?? What's up with that?
    Thanks in advance
    Welcome! You will find us a friendly bunch. I will try to answer your questions and if my info isn't totally correct someone will come along and correct it (I hope).

1. I am not sure what the policy is on listing the same item is for listing the same items on both sites but I personally think it is a risky thing to do.

2. There is no difference between your listings in your stores and a listing outside the stores. I use the stores for a division of my merchandise. Most of our sales come from Google searches so I am not sure if the stores make a whole lot of difference in the great grand scheme of things.

3. I don't know why they give us 5 stores but I love it. So much nicer than the $16 I paid for one on the other side that did not get me anywhere but to the bottom of the lists.

Hope this helps. As I said someone will come along shortly with better help and always feel free to ask any question. Granny

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by littlehill View Post
    What I was wondering is;
    Thanks in advance
    Hi and welcome to eBid.

1.) Can't answer this one, as I only sell here. Agree with dardonboi, though, it seems risky, unless you have multiples available.

2.) Agree with dardonboi again, listings show both in auctions and stores - stores do make it easier for me to keep track of different items, jewelry in one store, books in another, etc..

3) Love the 5 stores as well; again, it makes keeping track of things easier, as well as, (hopefully), helping buyers out when it comes to finding what they're looking for.

Good luck and best wishes,

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think in Google searches having a store or not makes any difference. It makes a difference if people come here, click on stores, choose a category, and find a store. Other people just search for items by typing in what they are looking for in the search box - so you don't need a store for that. However, having a store, you can take advantage of both types of searches. Stores are great because you can have whazzits in one store, and the people who want whazzits, don't have to troll through all the buzzamakinks to find them...........they can be in a separate store!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

I dealt with someone who sold in two places, and when I bought it here, and paid for it, it was already sold somewhere else. Wonderful way to lose goodwill, in my book. But some juggle it successfully.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

For sellers like us who have a lot of very different items to sell, the extra stores make it easier for our buyers, who are mainly collectors. They don't have to sort through hundreds of items they don't want.

Also, we would have run out of categories (there's a limit of 30 per store) long, long ago if we hadn't been able to put them in different stores.

Thanks so much for everyones quick replies. Ya I was thinking it might be risky to run the same inventory on both sites but just wanted some feedback on it.
    Looks like the stores are the way to go. And thanks for the reasoning behind the 5 stores. It makes much more sense now.
    Well, Looks like I have alot of work ahead of me to get everything going.
    Thanks again, littlehill

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

By the way - WELCOME, OK!!!!!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Thread Information