Thread: Ebid really needs more musical instrument sellers

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid really needs more musical instrument sellers

Quote Originally Posted by JDubsMusicEmporium View Post
    Well you can add one more music store to the list. I have been looking for another site for sometime and settled on ebid today. Will be listing tons of stuff over time.

Justin
    J Dub's Music Emporium
    Welcome to eBid and well wishes. Visit the forums for advice as much as possible.

Yes, as adruml says - a huge welcome to eBid.
    We definitely do need more sellers so that buyers get a much more varied choice.
    Please visit the forums and ask if you are unsure about anything at all.
    There is a wealth of information available to help you get cracking to successfully list and sell your goods .... but, please remember that this is eBid not eBay, there is less traffic here, so sellers have to promote their goods as best they can.
    Very best wishes to you, and good luck with your sales!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Cool Re: Ebid really needs more musical instrument sellers

I think shipping costs in our times can be an issue, although I know there are people out there who will buy anything and pay without a second thought - but also, as a "little seller" it can be a disaster if it is purchased and damaged by the buyer and then I would have to accept the return. Big hit for the likes of us. I'm just learning around here - but, can they pick up? I can't see anyone paying for an item a costly musical instrument and playing up front without seeing, touching, playing, etc. first. I have a Pianovelle and Ovation Custom 12 string. Pricing is also an issue - I research what I can but most of these pieces seem to be kept for life and not many people part with them to get info. Music Stores always low ball because they want you to run a commission contract with them. (sigh.) Just my thoughts...

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Shipping costs are high, but if you make it quite clear in your listings you give a potential buyer the choice.

It's hard for sellers to evaluate the worth of an item to a particular seller, because we don't know the circumstances.

But you can give a clear buying choice by being up-front with all the charges.

You would want to allow for the cost of packaging, plus the additional weight and therefore cost of shipping. And you must take out additional insurance which includes the value of the item and the cost of shipping.

Thread Information