Thread: Remove Feedback

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Remove Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by geolab View Post
    This is what worries me about eBid. I have been selling on eBay for 12 years and have Top Rated Seller and 100% PFB. I was thinking of transferring my 230 items over here as they now have a Best Offer option, I sell continuously with Best Offer. I play by Trading Standards rules, have always provided multiple good quality photos and a close up video where necessary so I could never have a 'not as described FB. Any defects are pointed out. But..... with selling 2 or 3 higher value items a day you are bound to come across an idiot buyer or a rival seller who wants to mess up your DSRs and FB because they know it affects your fees discounts on eBay.

I have a very good relationship with eBay help, directly by phone, they will immediately remove the errant NFB. There is no such phone contact on here and am wondering how well the ticket system works, when it is is obvious that a buyer has left vindictive NFB. Obviously all replies to the buyer must be prompt and no quibble returns are accepted.

Any comments from people who have had NFB removed would be appreciated.

Mark
    I've never had a negative feedback on eBid so I'm afraid I can't help you in that respect but, as Tony said, the ticket system works very well and eBid help are even more helpful than feeBay. Also, you won't have problems with other sellers trying to mess up your DSR's because WE DON'T HAVE THAT AWFUL SYSTEM! and the sellers here want to help you succeed because if you succeed we all succeed (I sound like a budgie with no teeth don't I?)

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is what worries me about eBid. I have been selling on eBay for 12 years and have Top Rated Seller and 100% PFB. I was thinking of transferring my 230 items over here as they now have a Best Offer option, I sell continuously with Best Offer. I play by Trading Standards rules, have always provided multiple good quality photos and a close up video where necessary so I could never have a 'not as described FB. Any defects are pointed out. But..... with selling 2 or 3 higher value items a day you are bound to come across an idiot buyer or a rival seller who wants to mess up your DSRs and FB because they know it affects your fees discounts on eBay.

I have a very good relationship with eBay help, directly by phone, they will immediately remove the errant NFB. There is no such phone contact on here and am wondering how well the ticket system works, when it is is obvious that a buyer has left vindictive NFB. Obviously all replies to the buyer must be prompt and no quibble returns are accepted.

Mark
    In my first 6months on ebid i received 13 negative FBs from a trader on fee bay, he used a fictitious address, with a lot of comments within the FB aimed at me and ebid the FB was left as he hit the buy now button, all the comments and FB were removed within two hrs of contacting support , he also received a ban, he then broke more rules , by joining again and repeating the same actions, again all the FB was removed and he has never troubled the site again, i have read on the forum this has happened to at least a couple of other sellers,

unwarranted malicious FB will be removed by ebid, and any thing you deem unfair, ebid will look into ( review ) if you contact them.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is what worries me about eBid. I have been selling on eBay for 12 years and have Top Rated Seller and 100% PFB. I was thinking of transferring my 230 items over here as they now have a Best Offer option, I sell continuously with Best Offer. I play by Trading Standards rules,

have always provided multiple good quality photos and a close up video where necessary so I could never have a 'not as described FB. Any defects are pointed out.

But..... with selling 2 or 3 higher value items a day you are bound to come across an idiot buyer or a rival seller who wants to mess up your DSRs and FB because they know it affects your fees discounts on eBay.

Mark
    I think you have been very lucky on eBay. Multiple photographs/videos and detailed descriptions will not necessarily prevent a "not as described" negative feedback or low dsr rating. If the buyer has something else in mind when bidding, or didn't read the description fully, he can claim NAD, because in his mind it is so.

eBay will not reverse a NAD claim, whatever you do to prove it wrong. Nor will they alter a low DSR rating even if the buyer contacts them to say it was accidentally left.

eBay and reality are often diametrically opposed, and having made a decision, however wrong, they will not reverse it.

Which is why we get so many ex-eBayers here, buyers and sellers - they prefer to live in the real world.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

The problem with a feedback system is buyers and sellers don't seem to follow any rules according to tos neg/neutral feedback should be a last resort but as always not many people read these rules.

Feedback is now outdated and for many especially high volume sellers time consuming, i think the review system is better.

All-About olivia8143
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post

eBay will not reverse a NAD claim, whatever you do to prove it wrong. Nor will they alter a low DSR rating even if the buyer contacts them to say it was accidentally left.

eBay and reality are often diametrically opposed, and having made a decision, however wrong, they will not reverse it
    I DO wish you'd get your facts right (I won't accuse you of telling porky pies again though)

Here's a (bit of a) copy of a transcript from feebay which confirms that they DO remove low DSR's

Marilyn 15:54:00
    I've looked into your account and I'm happy to confirm that I've removed the defect for this transaction.

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    I DO wish you'd get your facts right (I won't accuse you of telling porky pies again though)

Here's a (bit of a) copy of a transcript from feebay which confirms that they DO remove low DSR's

I've looked into your account and I'm happy to confirm that I've removed the defect for this transaction.
    Likewise. A buyer accidentally left me a 1 for NAD even though the item had been lost in the post. This was removed after one email request.

. For your account, the evaluation will be on 20th of November 2014. You should be able to see this defect removed before this date.

I'm not a fan of DSRs, nor am I promoting TOS, BUT, credit where it's due, please.
    Last edited by Knit_Wits_Vintage; 1st November 2014 at 09:32 PM.

I think it depends on who you deal with at extortionate bay.

Our experiences are the same as squern. Even when we had proof of lies and theft (buyer providing such, contradicting themselves etc) they would do nothing.

Inaccurate and illogical negative feedback they would not remove as 'that is their experience'. When we tried to leave 'our experiences' it was removed.

As in everyday life, some are lucky, others not... and we all have our own different experiences.
    Our general listings page - anything that you may have seen elsewhere, that is not yet listed, happy to set up the listing :-)
    ✓Over *600 listings*

Shops under construction...
    Send a Sixpence - for almost any occasion...
    Something for the Season - Many unique gifts for all seasons, Bonfire Night to Thanksgiving...
    Post a Penny - for almost any occasion...
    YDC listings... here

All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post

I spoke from experience:

A very happy buyer didn't understand the DSR system and gave me a string of 1s.
    We both contacted eBay and explained the error, but they said that once given, it can't be amended.

The buyer was very upset on my behalf, but was told that even though he acknowledged the error it must stand.
    It was about then that I decided I'd had enough of eBay.

I don't doubt that some people have been able to alter ratings, and that others have not - eBay are extremely inconsistent. Their responses depend on who you get on the phone, and what country they are speaking from, and probably how much you pay eBay in fees.

You are making the assumption that eBay actually do what they say they will, and do that for all their customers: A shaky assumption.

I wasn't keen on the tone of your post, and your insinuation that I tell lies (though you won't accuse me of it again).

When I post on these forums, I express my own opinions and draw on my own experiences, not those of others, and I do it with politeness and consideration for the feelings of others.

If my experiences and opinions are not the same as yours, then that's just too bad. But they are honest.

To use the words "facts" and "eBay" in the same sentence is very unwise since facts are related to reality and the real world.

All-About olivia8143
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    I spoke from experience:

A very happy buyer didn't understand the DSR system and gave me a string of 1s.
    We both contacted eBay and explained the error, but they said that once given, it can't be amended.

The buyer was very upset on my behalf, but was told that even though he acknowledged the error it must stand.
    It was about then that I decided I'd had enough of eBay.

I don't doubt that some people have been able to alter ratings, and that others have not - eBay are extremely inconsistent. Their responses depend on who you get on the phone, and what country they are speaking from, and probably how much you pay eBay in fees.

You are making the assumption that eBay actually do what they say they will, and do that for all their customers: A shaky assumption.

I wasn't keen on the tone of your post, and your insinuation that I tell lies (though you won't accuse me of it again).

When I post on these forums, I express my own opinions and draw on my own experiences, not those of others, and I do it with politeness and consideration for the feelings of others.

If my experiences and opinions are not the same as yours, then that's just too bad. But they are honest.

To use the words "facts" and "eBay" in the same sentence is very unwise since facts are related to reality and the real world.
    You said "eBay will not reverse a NAD claim, whatever you do to prove it wrong. Nor will they alter a low DSR rating even if the buyer contacts them to say it was accidentally left." as if it were a fact - it's not a fact as I proved.

All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

It was a fact in my case.
    But perhaps I used the wrong tense, and should have said "would not".

Thread Information