Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about listing an item

Question Question about listing an item

Hello eBiders. I am a newbie on here so cut me a slack.

Can I list an item that was already listed by someone else? I mean, exactly the same title, only the pic of my item is different. I wonder if I go ahead & list my item, will this be considered a duplicate listing?

I am just trying to stay out of trouble. Especially after having paid for 90 days already, getting kicked out would've been a disappointment.

Thanx very much.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OvertheRainbow4U View Post

Can I list an item that was already listed by someone else? I mean, exactly the same title, only the pic of my item is different. I wonder if I go ahead & list my item, will this be considered a duplicate listing?

I am just trying to stay out of trouble. Especially after having paid for 90 days already, getting kicked out would've been a disappointment.

Thanx very much.
    As long as it's your own item, and the listing's all your own work (or reproduced with the author's permission) there's nothing to stop you putting up something that's the same as *another* seller. Assuming, as well, that the other seller isn't a brother or aunt or something and you're working in tandem to get round the duplicates! Several sellers might list the same make of card, or tape, or have plates in a particular range - no problem.

View ttoc48's Feedback (+102)
    All-About ttoc48
    View ttoc48's Listings
    Forum Posts

As far as i am aware duplicate listing is for your own auctions,such as having 2 listings of exactly the same item word for ward picture for picture,if you look round i am sure you will see other sellers with the same things listed,as long as it is YOUR item with YOUR picture and YOUR description then there should be no problem,

Thanks a bunch.

And no, I don't work in tandem with anyone; I am the only one in my family who dare to venture into this.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks a bunch.

And no, I don't work in tandem with anyone; I am the only one in my family who dare to venture into this.
    Good for you - we can always use more adventuresome spirits. Duplicate listings are when you list more than one of the same exact item - eBid requires the use of a Dutch auction format for this, rather than multiple listings of the same item. Of course if you happen to be selling the same item as another seller, that's OK, it happens everywhere, and if it's a popular item it shouldn't hurt sales one bit.

Oh and welcome to eBid, the friendliest place to buy and sell on the Net.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thanx for the warm welcome. Can you please tell me now, where do I check for the questions from the Buyers? Is it on My eBid somewhere, or are they routed off to my outside email? I am supposed to reply within 24 hrs.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

You're very welcome.

Questions about listings will appear in your My eBid summary, under Q&A duty, you can answer them there.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    All-About Fashionsfromabroad
    View Fashionsfromabroad's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Selling an item

I am extremely new to eBid and have already purchased a lifetime membership. Unfortunately I have listed the same item three times in an attempt to sell it only to find it removed just hours later. What could be the reason for this?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fashionsfromabroad View Post
    I am extremely new to eBid and have already purchased a lifetime membership. Unfortunately I have listed the same item three times in an attempt to sell it only to find it removed just hours later. What could be the reason for this?
    As has been said here, duplicates from the same seller are not permitted. It would have been a good plan to read the rules before paying for lifetime membership, but it's not too late to familiarise yourself with them now so that you don't make any similar mistakes in future. Have a paddle around the help section, read the forums, and welcome aboard!

Thanx very much.
    Yes you can list it. Make sure it is your picture used and your original wording in the listing. I just love it here!!

OldieGoddess

GODDESS COSMETICS AND BOUTIQUE
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...s-and-boutique

SOUTHERN LADY RECORDS AND DVD
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...ecords-and-dvd

Thread Information