My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about listing an item

Thanx, I love it here too, however nothing sells so far. Not even my auctions that start with 1c and free shipping. This place's been awfully quiet.

OldieGoddess, I can't find your store. I clicked and clicked and ended up nowhere. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by OvertheRainbow4U View Post
    Thanx, I love it here too, however nothing sells so far. Not even my auctions that start with 1c and free shipping. This place's been awfully quiet.
    I just went to look at your items, but as I'm in the UK, they are not available to me.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Ah sorry. I will have to look into the International Shipping. I usually ship my desk calendars by Parcel Post or Priority Flat Rate Envelope, and wall calendars by First Class, all these are domestic mail in the US. I've never shipped International, but will probably have to change my ways.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@OvertheRainbow

Gee you only just joined !
    Do you expect sales the next day ?

I for one would not be interested in buying or bidding for anything that started at 1 cent.
    To my mind I don't want anything thats only worth one cent.

Why not put them on as BINs for what you think is a fair value?

And you should look at adding a pic and something about you on your About Me page.
    You have joined as a seller+, so that gives you free listings with free gallery.

Wecopme to ebid.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi OvertheRainbow, don't forget you can plug your auctions once a day on the Plug Your Auction Thread.
    I was terrified doing overseas - now I don't worry. It's just something new to learn! It isn't rocket science though so you will soon get to grips with it. I just wish I could see your items but I am UK. (I did try).
    The YDC Charity Auction starts 24th - you could join in and have some fun along the way? All for a good cause too!
    Give yourself time to properly set yourself up and get to grips with everything. If you need any help it's here on the Forum - whenever you need it.
    Good Luck - I wish you all the best there is.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Click on their name in their posting....then, when you get to their about me page, look in the left column.......you can see all the things you can't buy because you are in the UK! lol.........nice calendars!!!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thank you everybody for the warm welcome. I appreciate it very much.

Let me explain where I am coming from with my 1cent auctions. The reason I priced some of my items so low was to try to boost my sales, as I will have to absorb the shipping cost which is domestically around $2. Someone buys it for a penny, I ship and lose about $1.99 plus shipping materials, but will gain a positive feedback as a seller, which is a way to start out if I am unable to import my feedbacks from the other sites. I view it as an investment, and am willing to pay to establish a few positive feedbacks on this site for starters. I am underpricing some of my lightweight items; the price posted does not represent the true value of this item. By comparison, one of the books I advertised as BIN, is in like new condition, new one retails for about $25, and I think in its present condition it's worth close to $20, but the current market doesn't support it, so I offer it for $9.99 with a free shipping. It's a very good book. So far no takers. Oh well.

This being said, I am not here to argue, merely to explain where I am coming from, and thanks everybody for your input.

I am working on my About Me page, am not very photogenic sorry.

Cheaver, I'm sorry that you couldn't see my items. I am considering shipping international, to Canada and UK to begin with, and am looking into it. I just posted a thread about it, in the Postage section. Have a few questions along the way. I will get to it.

I didn't know about the Plug Your Auction Thread. Oh and the YDC Charity Auction, where do I look it up? On the net? Yea I know I have to work on setting up properly... my next project... I am a procrastinator but will get there.

Thanks again.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Put YDC in the ebid forum search box & it will take you there.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

OvertheRainbow - I have sent you PM.

Thread Information