eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: We need more boat and marine parts.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: We need more boat and marine parts.

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Stand by to be over run with sales.
    Do I detect a smidgen of sarcasm here,Mr Bacon?

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Afraid so,I've done the long haul,years and years waiting for sales to pick up but they never have.Ebid might work for some sellers but it's never been anywhere near what I'd call a success for me. I blame all the run till solds that have in some cases been on for years and give the site an air of desperation.
    I detest that other site but it produces sales and views. For me ebid has been a very long term waste of effort.
    Sad but I can no longer justify flogging this particular dead horse.
    I wish you all well though.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Dzambo
    For a long time now the only use I've found for ebid is to get products shown on google shopping but as most of my sales come via the Baconsdozen web site and the majority of the rest via you know who there is no real point in even bothering.I don't want to compete on simply price,if I did I could simply sell the Chinese made junk tools that you see all over the place,but I sell all over the world to people who want tools that will last longer than a hamburger.
    Thanks for the best wishes,I wish you well too.
    I think Ebid has a future but so far it looks as far away as it did when I joined.

better quality items is in here…cheaper items is in here….and so on

Oh, really????? I have yet to find what I am looking for at a cheaper price here than elsewhere. In fact, I rarely find what I am looking for on here.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well…’’bacons’’…I understand very well what you mean….but many in here say’s ‘’buyer’s is in here’’…not on other side…better quality items is in here…cheaper items is in here….and so on…so…’’maybe’’ you can start listing ‘’usual’’ best selling stuff in here likes: cards, stamps, post cards, some cheap coins, stickers and all around this similar stuff…maybe just maybe after that you will make bunch of sales….sales is in important not much price for each selling items…oh…and by the way you can always list monthly in our YDC auction from that way you can make sales too…everything and anything and in any way just try to give better ‘’presentation’’ for our best selling site on whole Net…In the end don’t forget for good keywords….anyway I wish you luck whatever you decide In the future…....

P.S. Personally I think eBid have very good future….
    Quote Originally Posted by knit_wits View Post
    …[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Oh, really????? I have yet to find what I am looking for at a cheaper price here than elsewhere. In fact, I rarely find what I am looking for on here.
    I think you missed part of the quote.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

…[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Yes, unless ebid gets known for a place to get bargains, buyers are not going to go to ebid in large numbers.

But you are dealing with an auction site, and people can list items for whatever they want and however they want.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 26th October 2012 at 08:35 PM.

But you are dealing with an auction site, and people can list items for whatever they want and however they want.
    Absolutely right. But astute buyers will go to the sites where comparable items are listed for less.

Adruml: Yes, I did take that out of context. But the inference was the same.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Afraid so,I've done the long haul,years and years waiting for sales to pick up but they never have.Ebid might work for some sellers but it's never been anywhere near what I'd call a success for me. I blame all the run till solds that have in some cases been on for years and give the site an air of desperation.
    I detest that other site but it produces sales and views. For me ebid has been a very long term waste of effort.
    Sad but I can no longer justify flogging this particular dead horse.
    I wish you all well though.
    I always find your mental processes rather curious bacon, you blame Run-til-Solds now! I would say that you sell a rather mundane (though admittedly useful) product that is not going to attract many people into the site. At the same time you sit on a thread and actively discourage those who have more saleable related product from listing. It seems rather self defeating to me. I think you would find that if more people listed automotive parts etc. that your own sales would increase just by association.

I've always found that the odd car related item that I've listed has sold rather quickly.

Forum Lurker
    View MelmacALF's Feedback (+76)
    All-About MelmacALF
    View MelmacALF's Listings
    Forum Posts

…[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Iv found some items cheeper/same price here than that other place, and Im curently waiting for an item to arrive and Im just about to order something else once the seller gets back to me.

So sales can be made on here if you have the right item at a resonable price.

From my browsing of ebid over the last few months, Iv noticed some sellers on here are thier own worst enemy with stupid prices or no mention of posting timescale or how any problems will be dealt with etc. All these little things add up to give buyers a good impression of how the seller will handle the order. Im not even a business but I still try to put my buyers mind at ease by stating how quick the item will be sent & letting them know I will do my best to resolve any problems that may crop up.

Baconsdozen, I hardly think your constant negativity and telling any potential buyers that you effectivly cant be bothered with ebid anymore is going to give them the confidence to buy from you.
    Last edited by MelmacALF; 27th October 2012 at 10:17 AM.

So sales can be made on here if you have the right item at a resonable price.
    Quite true. And I was speaking from personal experience - not generalising - in my post. Time and time again I have come up with either 0 results or inflated prices when browsing - a past thread of mine cites an example of a frying pan on here at around £15 and exactly the same item on e-ay for £8.50. Now that is ridiculous.

Thread Information