Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTML anyone?

Default HTML anyone?

I don't know where else to post this so I ended up here. Can someone please look at my All About Me page? I apparently messed up with the tables, and have no idea why it looks the way it looks. I also have no idea how you're going to see it. It looks different in my browser (G-Chrome).

I wanted to build this from scratch, so I coded what I will call nesting tables for lack of a better term. My outside (pink) table has a border 25, then inside (after) a td tag I opened another table with a gray border 20, and then inside that one I opened yet another table with border 0, and I think I closed everything in the right order, but why those lines in between the paragraphs show up? They are not supposed to be there in the first place, the way I see it. On my browser, they show up as black ones, on eBid's one, as gray at least this is the way I see them (not sure how anyone else sees them). Also, the last row. If I don't set the bgcolor to ffffff (white), it would show up as black. I wonder why.

I could've posted the whole code, it's rather long, but aside from that, I don't know how to make it appear as a code and not as a finished product. I tried to use caption tag, but it didn't do the trick.

I appreciate all the replies if you kindly decide to post any.

Hacienda Heights, California, United States
    View Splatte's Feedback (+189)
    All-About Splatte
    View Splatte's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think I can help you out. I need some clarification first, so that I don't do unnecessary work. You want to get rid of the lines between the paragraphs?

All-About Splatte
    View Splatte's Listings
    Forum Posts

This should get rid of the lines between your paragraphs.

Code:
    <table bordercolor="pink" border="25" bgcolor="ffffff"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="ffffff" style="border: medium none;">
    	<table bordercolor="cccccc" border="20" table border=" 0=""><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="ffffff" style="border: medium none;">
    		<font size="4" face="trebuchet ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099"></font><center>
    <font size="4" face="trebuchet ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099" style="border:none;">			Hi - Welcome to Ebid &amp; thanks for stopping by!</font></center></td></tr>
    <tr><td bgcolor="ffffff" style="border:none;"><font size="3" face="comic sans ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099"></font><center>
    <font size="3" face="comic sans ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099">	I've been selling on some other sites before discovering Ebid, and I am quite happy here. 
    	I particularly enjoy the rather friendly way of interaction on the Forums which is why I am 
    	likely going to extend my trial membership.</font></center></td></tr>
    <tr><td bgcolor="ffffff" style="border:none;"><font size="3" face="comic sans ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099"></font><center><font size="3" face="comic sans ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099"> 
    	I have set up a Corner Bookstore, in which I listed books, calendars and greeting cards.  
    	I also plan on selling other categories of items, and setting up new stores.  
    	Whenever possible, I will COMBINE SHIPPING of a few items paid on the same invoice and shipped to one address.  
    	If you want to purchase several of my items, please inquire your shipping quote. 
    	I currently accept PayPal, but might accept some other forms of payments in the future.  
    	Please pay for the items purchased within 3 days, I will really appreciate that.  
    	Most of my items are shipped within 1 business day from receiving cleared payment, 
    	and will be packed carefully and securely so that they arrive safely to their destination.  
    	Fragile items will carry insurance.  All my inventory is kept in a smoke-free, pet-free environment.
    	</font></center></td></tr>
    <tr style="border: medium none;"><td bgcolor="ffffff" style="border:none;"><font size="3" face="comic sans ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099"></font><center>
    <font size="3" face="comic sans ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099">	I live close to the Great Lakes, and thoroughly enjoy watching the beautiful sunrises and sunsets. <br>
    	Have to go to the local park to do that as I don't have this view from my place.
    </font></center></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="ffffff" style="border:none;"><font size="3" face="comic sans ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099"></font><center><font size="3" face="comic sans ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099">   
    	I was born and raised in Ukraine.  I am a private seller, and most of my items are sold as is.  
    	However I offer refunds if an item is not as described, within 7 days of receipt.  
    	The item has to be returned in the condition I sent it in, all you do is pay the return postage.  
    	Food / Health &amp; Beauty items are not returnable (but they are guaranteed fresh).  <br>
    	Thank you for your understanding.  </font></center></td></tr>
    <tr><td bgcolor="ffffff" style="border:none;"><font size="4" face="trebuchet ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099"></font><center>
    <font size="4" face="trebuchet ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099">	Enjoy your visit to Ebid, and come back for more!</font></center></td></tr></tbody></table>
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

All-About Splatte
    View Splatte's Listings
    Forum Posts

The reason why you had lines between your paragraphs is because you separated each paragraph into different rows of your table when you use the <tr> tag. Each row was set to have a border and that's what you saw as the line between the paragraphs.

I removed the lines by adding inline css by inserting
    Code:
    style="border:none"
    reThink Ink - Affordable ink and toner cartridges made from recycled cartridges.

Splatte's Ebid Listings

Splatte dear, All About Me is frozen solid now -- can't click on ANYTHING -- any ideas how to un-freeze?

This thing must have been allergic to html

I wish I'd left it well alone

All-About Splatte
    View Splatte's Listings
    Forum Posts

Looks like I'm knee deep in this now . I'll see what i can do.
    reThink Ink - Affordable ink and toner cartridges made from recycled cartridges.

Splatte's Ebid Listings

All-About Splatte
    View Splatte's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello OvertheRainbow4U,

Please use the code below:

Code:
    <table bordercolor="pink" border="25" bgcolor="ffffff">
    	<tbody>
    		<tr>
    			<td bgcolor="ffffff">
    				<table bordercolor="cccccc" border="20" table border=" 0="">
    					<tbody>
    						<tr>
    							<td bgcolor="ffffff" style="border: medium none;">
    								<font size="4" face="trebuchet ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099"></font>
    								<center>
    								<font size="4" face="trebuchet ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099" style="border:none;">	Hi - Welcome to Ebid &amp; thanks for stopping by!</font>
    								</center>
    							</td>
    						</tr>

<tr>
    							<td bgcolor="ffffff" style="border:none;"><font size="3" face="comic sans ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099"></font>
    								<center>
    									<font size="3" face="comic sans ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099">	I've been selling on some other sites before discovering Ebid, and I am quite happy here. I particularly enjoy the rather friendly way of interaction on the Forums which is why I am likely going to extend my trial membership.
    									</font>
    								</center>
    							</td>
    						</tr>
    						<tr>
    							<td bgcolor="ffffff" style="border:none;"><font size="3" face="comic sans ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099"></font>
    								<center>
    									<font size="3" face="comic sans ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099"> I have set up a Corner Bookstore, in which I listed books, calendars and greeting cards.  
    										I also plan on selling other categories of items, and setting up new stores.  
    										Whenever possible, I will COMBINE SHIPPING of a few items paid on the same invoice and shipped to one address.  
    										If you want to purchase several of my items, please inquire your shipping quote. 
    										I currently accept PayPal, but might accept some other forms of payments in the future.  
    										Please pay for the items purchased within 3 days, I will really appreciate that.  
    										Most of my items are shipped within 1 business day from receiving cleared payment, 
    										and will be packed carefully and securely so that they arrive safely to their destination.  
    										Fragile items will carry insurance.  All my inventory is kept in a smoke-free, pet-free environment.
    									</font>
    								</center>
    							</td>
    						</tr>

<tr style="border: medium none;">
    							<td bgcolor="ffffff" style="border:none;">
    									<font size="3" face="comic sans ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099"></font>
    								<center>
    									<font size="3" face="comic sans ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099">	I live close to the Great Lakes, and thoroughly enjoy watching the beautiful sunrises and sunsets. <br>
    									Have to go to the local park to do that as I don't have this view from my place.
    									</font>
    								</center>
    							</td>
    						</tr>

<tr>
    								<center>
    									<font size="3" face="comic sans ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099">   
    										I was born and raised in Ukraine.  I am a private seller, and most of my items are sold as is.  
    										However I offer refunds if an item is not as described, within 7 days of receipt.  
    										The item has to be returned in the condition I sent it in, all you do is pay the return postage.  
    										Food / Health &amp; Beauty items are not returnable (but they are guaranteed fresh).  <br>
    										Thank you for your understanding.  </font>
    								</center>
    							</td>
    						</tr>

<tr>
    							<td bgcolor="ffffff" style="border:none;"><font size="4" face="trebuchet ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099"></font>
    								<center>
    									<font size="4" face="trebuchet ms, arial, sans-serif" color="000099">	Enjoy your visit to Ebid, and come back for more!</font>
    								</center>
    							</td>
    						</tr>
    					</tbody>
    				</table>
    			</td>
    		</tr>
    	</tbody>
    </table>
    I tested it by putting it in my All About Me Page and it's working fine. Once I get confirmation from you that it's working, I'll remove it from my page.

Hope that helped.

Splatte's Ebid Listings

Thanks - this works perfect in my Chrome - however can't unfreeze my page. Too bad that support is only available by e-mail, I've generated that ticket number, I think this is what they call it, sent Email anyway, now am sitting tight & waiting for them to reply back.

I saved the code on the Notepad, so you can delete it, and thanks for your help.

Will put it on All About Me my page as soon as someone unfreezes it for me.

I wish there was a faster way to reach support. Can't call them - hmmm

Any idea how to make this page appear more narrow? It suddenly goes extremely wide on me - my monitor is about 15 in. diagonally - but this didn't happen up until after this page went frozen.
    So this must have been all my fault. Each time I use eBid pages, I end up with having to scroll right and left, or else I cannot view everything on the screen. Right now I have to scroll all the way to the right so that I can click on the button to Post. Oh joy.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OvertheRainbow4U View Post
    Any idea how to make this page appear more narrow? It suddenly goes extremely wide on me - my monitor is about 15 in. diagonally - but this didn't happen up until after this page went frozen.
    So this must have been all my fault. Each time I use eBid pages, I end up with having to scroll right and left, or else I cannot view everything on the screen. Right now I have to scroll all the way to the right so that I can click on the button to Post. Oh joy.
    It is Splatte's coding that has stretched the forum so wide. I see the same as you here.

x

Thread Information