Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebid mentioned on Ebay forum

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Ebid mentioned on Ebay forum

I was just reading the ebay forums,there's a dedicated thread about the new,latest price increases.
    I see ebid has been mentioned anlong with a couple of other auction sites and as per usual they are being attacked by the die hards.
    There must be others on here who like me use other sites and without spamming I can't see it doing any harm if we go on there and try and put the replies in perspective.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid mentioned on Ebay forum

I haven't used any other forum, though do use other sites. And there is nothing wrong with dropping subtle hints

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I assume you mean ebay US forums ?
    I know what you mean
    Whenever they talk about going to another site its always bonanza or ecrater or a couple of others, never ebid
    I have been pushing ebid or The Hammer, and I often get pink slapped,
    But now I am noticing that ebid is being mentioned.
    I think its all to do with the fact that we are number 2 on the PSU list - that really makes an impact.

Yes and as you say, you have to post carefully and not be seen as spamming as those ebay fans will report the post.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 21st March 2011 at 09:13 AM.

Forum Diehard
    All-About baconsdozen
    Forum Posts

No,I haven't been on the US forums,it's the Ebay UK ones where a procession of people line up to shoot down anyone who dares mention ebid or anywhere else.
    I think ebid has now got to the stage where (especially in the UK) it simply can't be ignored and the silly "you never get sales" and "no ones ever heard of it" arguments just don't work.
    What I'd like to see is people who use both sites going on to the other forums and expressing honest views.There's really no need to be scared of ebay anymore,ebid is now capable of standing on its own two feet as an alternative.If you had some good sales on ebid then tell people but not so much on here where you are preaching to the already converted,we have to bring the message to people who aren't.(yet).

I have... although I knew about ebid, thats what propelled me to check it out.. the e-Bay US forum mentions e-bid a lot with very little rebutting.

Mary

Forum Diehard
    All-About baconsdozen
    Forum Posts

Its different in the UK,you get shot down in flames as soon as you mentuion it and some of the replies are so inaccurate they are qyuite comical.I don't knowif it works the same in the US but ebay have been known to give posters the odd slap of the wrist if they post any praise for any other site,although if you ridicule or criticise them I expect thats fine.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

It seems par for the course.
    We have the same here in New Zealand our encumbent site Trademe keeps putting up their fees and the smaller site Sella can't get going. As soon as some one mentions Sella, they get shot down with Trademe cheerleaders saying there are no sales there etc etc. I just tell them that if there was only one site what would the fees be then.

All we can do is post our side of the story as best we can, without going over the top.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Its different in the UK,you get shot down in flames as soon as you mentuion it and some of the replies are so inaccurate they are qyuite comical.I don't knowif it works the same in the US but ebay have been known to give posters the odd slap of the wrist if they post any praise for any other site,although if you ridicule or criticise them I expect thats fine.
    Isn't that the same anywhere?

Why should any business allow persons to use their resources to the detriment of that business?

The same applies here on eBid. OK to slag off eBay but have a go at eBid and it gets junked.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Dead right Mel,
    Its the same everywhere.

Its just that on ebay US their forums are so big that people can get "away" with mentioning other sites and slagging ebay.

But they do remove some threads.

Here's a point I was going to raise.

Wen you look at the ebid Forums Main Page and scroll down to the bottom it says there are nn members on line and nn guests and there were 1,600 online in March 2008.

There are usually about 60 members on line (that is us) and about 500 guests ! Are these guests people interested in ebid just looking around ?

And why were so many online in 2008 ?
    What happened then and why have we dropped so low now ?
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 21st March 2011 at 05:03 PM.

Forum Diehard
    All-About baconsdozen
    Forum Posts

If you ignore something it wont simply go away and I can't see why eby should be so paranoid that any mention of another auction site is verboten.
    There's nothing wrong wth constructive criticism either,if you have boards that are heavily censored they become irrelevant as places for discussion andbecome discredited.
    I don't agree with going on a forum just to slag off the site owners or to heap praise on a rival,but fail to see the real harm in a rational comparison.

Thread Information