My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Avoid TUFFY - jmho

Exclamation Avoid TUFFY - jmho

I went to Tuffy to have my car fixed. Prior to that, I called around and got a few estimates along with the sales pitches. I had to have my front stabilizer links replaced. I googled it, and turned out this was a part of my car suspension system. Tuffy's estimate was $95 which sounded good, so off I go over there on Monday morning, and wait til it's done.

Then comes the time to pay my bill, and the amount is close to $200. I am like, what? Turned out that the initial estimate was for EACH SIDE. I am like, are you kidding? I don't know much about cars or parts, but tell you this, I am not going to drive around and have each side fixed at each shop. I came here for the TOTAL price, not EACH SIDE. I could have gone to the Rainbow Muffler down the street; they would have done it for a hundred bucks. There is no way I am paying this amount. Put my old part back on, and I am outta here.

Of course, they wouldn't put the old part back on. The guy went back to the shop and came back with the new amount. $125 plus tax. That's better, but still I feel, well, taken advantage of, and that is to put it nicely. And it's not only money, which of course money is still a big part of, as everything costs so darn much. But knowing that you were taken advantage of, makes it so much worse than it actually is. But you live and learn.

Years ago, I've learned to insist on parts & labor, whether it's an estimate or a job done. Now, I've learned to make sure it's for BOTH SIDES. So when the Tuffy man wrote me a receipt, I opened my mouth again and inquired about the warranty. He says sure, one year, but had to write this on the receipt with his hard to read writing... I wonder if he's a retired doctor LOL. One more thing to learn, find out in advance whether the shop prints their invoices on a computer vs. writing by hand. Their handwriting is hard to read, especially on a carbon copy. Chances are, hard to enforce as well if you have to.

And, AVOID TUFFY. Please spread the word. That is, unless you want to be taken advantage of. JMHO
    Last edited by OvertheRainbow4U; 4th April 2011 at 03:13 PM.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Avoid TUFFY - jmho

Its easy for me to avoid him,unless he opens a branch in Lowestoft.

Wanders in......
    wonders who Tuffy is?

Heard of Tufty used to be a squirrel that taught us about crossing the road safely,

Wanders out again.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Its easy for me to avoid him,unless he opens a branch in Lowestoft.
    Lucky you.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Wanders in......
    wonders who Tuffy is?

Heard of Tufty used to be a squirrel that taught us about crossing the road safely,

Wanders out again.
    LOL!

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I thought that was Tufty.

Thread Information