My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New to eBid

Default New to eBid

Hey everyone, just thought I would introduce myself. Long time seller on other sites, and just thought I would give this a try. I specialize in used OEM Honda and Acura parts, as well as a few Subaru and Toyota here and there. I don't sell aftermarket parts, but parts that people actually need to keep their cars running on a daily basis. I've just barely started putting up a few items, hope to keep adding some more through the weekend and see what happens. Doesn't look like there are many of me on here, so hopefully I can fill some sort of gap.

Andy
    The Import Connect

Default Re: New to eBid

Another Minnesnowtan! Well . . . that's how my relatives are spelling it this year.

Welcome to eBid! We are hoping for new sellers to fill in the gaps.

If you have any problems, come back and ask for help. Very friendly people here.

Ah, and another Californian! I actually moved back to MN where I grew up to go to school, but plan on heading back out to Cali when I'm done. Used to live around Pasadena and then San Jose for a bit. Thank you for the welcome! And yes, its been extremely snowy here, one of the most on record. 2 weeks ago we had our 4th major storm which left even my AWD Subaru somewhat helpless. I miss the sun...

Forum Newbie
    View gmatt9858's Feedback (+35)
    All-About gmatt9858
    View gmatt9858's Listings
    Forum Posts

New here also. Question I am just trying to understand the bidding and completed listings but everything I have viewed doesn't seem to be an auction and a ton of views and no bids and how do you view what similar items sold for. Maybe someone can explain it to me. I sell mainly toys, Christmas Ornaments and odd/vintage items. I like to start my auctions at .99 but not sure it will work on this site if no one is really bidding.

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you both for coming to eBid. I hope you and all of us prosper here. Any your starting to look good here your about me page is good . The best way so far to get bids etc is to bring your customers with you. I email my prior buyers to let them know where I am and a few have joined. Include a link to you site in all your emails. Post often in the forums, believe it or not Google does pick up what we say in the forums. I post on face book and blog wherever I can.

Gmatt9858 Welcome to you also. It appears to me you are registered only as a buyer. If you go to the top of my eBid, you can do an advanced search from there.

Welcome to all the newbies on here and if you need anything from me just screech

SherMari,
    Thank you for the welcome. As I'm sure its pretty obvious I'm here from eBay. The problem is that I rely on that for my income, and do very well aside from all the drama there. I'm just trying to be very careful not to promote too much through them, as if that account gets shut down, I would be in a lot of trouble financially. I'm going to have to post as much as possible, hope for the google search results, and probably do some ads on my fiances facebook account as a lot of her friends are into the cars I sell parts for.

I too am New to EBID And from Minnesota as well... I have been checking out some of the stuff here on EBID, haven't really seen any Bids on anything from what I have noticed...My question is, how are the sales here? I happen to wander in here from Ebay just checking it out, the Fees are Killing me over there...From what I see here, the Fees are much fairer in my opinion, but haven't tried listing anything yet, but am going to list a few items here shortly and test the waves...I know that sometimes there are catches, do I "NEED" to post Links to attract Buyers? I ask that cause, with having a FT job and selling on online on the side, I really don't have alot of time to hit other sites than the ones I'm focussed on such as Online Auction Sites I happen to be Selling on at the time...I'm not much for Sites for yacking on, such as Facebook, Twitter, and whatever else is out there...Or will it roll around automatically customers finding you like on Ebay? I also have a Seller Friend that has signed up on here as well at the same time I did...We were both scoping EBID out at the same time discussing, Should we give this EBID a Whirl? And we agree that we're going to...So there you have it, 2 for one Sellers coming your way...LOL HAPPY EBIDDING!!!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Posted this to another thread, but it may be helpful here, too. Some thoughts:

1) Add a signature link to your forum posts, so members can click to view your listings.
    2) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    3) Use Plug Your Auctions to promote your items (1x per 24 hours, remove/delete old plug before adding new one).
    4) Use 7-10 day listings with auto reposts to ensure your items move up searches.
    5) Participate in forums and eBid community activities, as YDC auctions, to help good causes and increase your visibility.
    6) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.
    7) Use social networking (as Facebook, Twitter, personal blog) to promote your listings.
    8) Read Astral's FAQs page, Bykimbo's page and the Help section for good advice and tips.
    9) Use MaO (if it's your thing) on listings and/or offer combined shipping or other incentives to buyers (if feasible) to purchase your items.
    10) Let former customers on other sites know you're selling on eBid.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

To the newbies.
    As you probably know ebid is a lot smaller than ebay.
    But it is growing steadily.
    There are some sellers doing regular sales.
    Others sell nothing!
    Ebid does need a lot more variety and some categories are very under represented.

So just list what you have at fair prices and see how it goes.
    Ebid does do auctions, but there are not many bidding wars unless it is for a truly wanted item.
    That is why you don't see many bids.
    Most sales on ebid are BINs

And the more ebay sellers move to ebid and list less on ebay the better off we will all be.
    Ebid is now the top general auction alt site as regards the number of listings at 6 million.

Forum Newbie
    All-About rimimik
    View rimimik's Listings
    Forum Posts

HI,
    thanks for share

Thread Information