Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Some explanation is needed...

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Some explanation is needed...

Here are two reasons maybe Management has not replied.

1 There are many different points of view on this thread.
    2 One of the main features of ebid seems to me that when you join ebid you are also automatically added to the forums.

If they changed the rules so that new members were not verified etc they would not be in the forums and the whole system would change ?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am wondering if these stringent verifications (which I am for) may have something to do with avoiding shill bidding. I saw hundreds and hundreds of examples over on Ebay (years ago when I was selling there) with sellers having buyer accounts and bidding on their own auctions to bump up the prices.

Just a thought.

And like Gothicina, I have purchased many items at online web sites where I had to register giving my address, email and phone number. I've had no worries about that.
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 16th April 2011 at 06:42 PM.

You can't shill bid when as a guest buyer you can only use buy now and don't have the option to leave feedback.

No-one has suggested that you shouldn't have to have full verification in order to bid in an auction.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Re: Some explanation is needed...

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I am wondering if these stringent verifications (which I am for) may have something to do with avoiding shill bidding. I saw hundreds and hundreds of examples over on Ebay (years ago when I was selling there) with sellers having buyer accounts and bidding on their own auctions to bump up the prices.

Just a thought.

And like Gothicina, I have purchased many items at online web sites where I had to register giving my address, email and phone number. I've had no worries about that.
    Heh...is look like users who have more sales in here from some others users who don't have that much is for ''checks verifications''...is only my opinion and is not mean all and every user but as can I see some other users like to see NO that much verifications and in that way maybe hopping for more sales...I am with you ''Jewel'' too...

P.S. Thanks again for big help ''Jewel''...and now Dzambo have sales day to day....thanks to youuuuu....

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0ctavias0fferings View Post
    The arguments against allowing 'guest buyers' are all spurious and come from people who are failing to understand what the problem here is.
    That's a peculiar arrogance to state that simply because someone does not share your view then it must be out of pure ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    That's a peculiar arrogance to state that simply because someone does not share your view then it must be out of pure ignorance.
    No, the arguments against which were given were not valid to what was being discussed. If you read the thread from the beginning, you will see that the objections would not apply to 'guest buyers'.

The problem is caused by non-delivery of emails to the inboxes of new buyers who then fail to verify themselves and never come back.

If someone disagrees with me they are perfectly entitled to do so BUT to start talking about oranges when we are discussing apples is spurious.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Re: Some explanation is needed...

I say again all this probably is for only ‘’get it more sales’’ in any way if you can…and putting other stuff on risk….ohhh boy…boy……

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Heh...is look like users who have more sales in here from some others users who don't have that much is for ''checks verifications''...is only my opinion and is not mean all and every user but as can I see some other users like to see NO that much verifications and in that way maybe hopping for more sales...I am with you ''Jewel'' too...

P.S. Thanks again for big help ''Jewel''...and now Dzambo have sales day to day....thanks to youuuuu....
    Your welcome my friend. Glad to have been able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    I say again all this probably is for only ‘’get it more sales’’ in any way if you can…and putting other stuff on risk….ohhh boy…boy……
    For Pete's sake would you please read what the thread is actually about.

It is about the fact that newbie buyers are not getting emails from this site and therefore are getting a strike through when they fail to complete the registration.

They have already bought the item they came here to buy before they get the strike through their username and then they can never come back.

This should be a serious concern to all eBid users but apparently some don't care.

When a buyer purchases using buy now and pays through Paypal I can see that Paypal has already verified them. This is the verification I care about but wouldn't it be oh so nice if those sellers could actually come back again and buy from either myself or other sellers on the site.

Because of the current policies YOU are losing out as much as anyone else.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post

Just a thought.

Hi Jan,

I have loved using eBid and I never thought I would consider 'really' listing on the bay again but I am at my wits end with understanding the buying side of eBid. So look what losing buyers has done to my outlook. I know I am just one person and I don't think the world should change just for me but I just don't understand any of the stuff going on with stikethroughs for the buyers.

I truly for sometime have been using eBid just for a showcase and a hope of an occasional sale. I have done almost all my selling from my website which I don't work any harder at than I do on eBid. When I have had website enquirers before a sale I have even moved items from my website and ask them to purchase off eBid. I had an average of 2 sales per month on eBid last year not counting my charity sales. I know some do have a lot of sales and I am not wanting sales at any cost but I still am lost.

If eBid is doing it so no one can shill bid then I would say they have achieved their goal. With almost no bidding wars on eBid and so many items either going for the minimum bid or a buy it now how can anyone ever run their prices up enough to matter. One more thing IF the strikethrough is for shill bidding then why does the seller not get a strikethrough too?

If it is to get more feedback how would that be any worse than importing feedback from someplace else where it may have been built the same way. If they are doing it for buddy points then remove the buddy point option for 'just' making a bid.

I don't understand how making one bid or using a by it now constitutes shill bidding but I have seen in the forum where they have said it does.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Thread Information