Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why was my comment moved ?

Default Re: Why was my comment moved ?

Yes - good for you Dzambo! I like to read your posts and I agree with Nigel that your English is showing much improvement. That makes me think there is hope for my French yet!!

If it is any "help" to either of you... we had a friend who was born in Scotland and married a Pole and went to live in Poland.... In the end she thought in Polish and spoke Polish better than she could do in English in fact it became harder and harder for her to speak her birth language

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you both very much for reply…and Nigel I can see what you mean…...
    Right now I need to list some of my items and after that I going for my job and after that night job waiting for me too…but we will be in touch and probably I can learn something from you…...like I say life is very short…thanks again and have a nice day…...

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trustblue127 View Post
    Why do you comment on a thread if you don't read and understand it? I said that most others there, (there aren't many) also are plugging their auctions. Why aren't they moved too? If my comment was in the wrong place, (unintentionally), then they are all in the wrong place, because they are all plugging their Auctions in one way or another.
    Can't you see that?

Why do some people come on to these forums and ask for advice, then get either cheeky or abusive toward those very people who are only trying to help? Not nice and bang out of order!
    Nancy
    Ceud mìle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Re: Why was my comment moved ?

Well….I always thinks some of people come from Feepay with same attitude and with exactly same way of selling on Feepay…and expecting a ‘’Miracle’’….Personally for me I think no Auction site can give to you to you or you can expect two important things:
    Very low fees for everything + Huge sales = 0
    These two things don’t exist anywhere…..
    But we can try and try hard because we already broke one very important ‘’Low Fees’’ for everything….AMEN…...

P.S. I write AMEN in the end ‘’because’’ two members in here are expecting from me to write AMEN in the end….(Jan & Al ) two very good members and I think very good persons for real….and smart too…...

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Re: Why was my comment moved ?

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    Just after you started on here, and from the way you wrote, I realised that you came from “somewhere” in the old “Eastern Block” countries and therefore have seen many changes in your life (I suspect many of them bad and some good).

You also wrote in the style of an Eastern Block European, a sort of broken English and where others had to “work out” what you were trying to say and “rearrange” your words and add missing words to completely understand what you were trying to get across (and that was not always easy ;-) ) but now that you live in the U.S.A. and obviously have to speak more “English” and listen to “English” more it has become much easier to understand what you say. It cannot be easy for you.

So it is with deep respect I repeat.... Good for you my friend.

To understand people who are living in the east and live before, people from the west if they are interested always can be informed in different ways… I am not from this country where this exactly stuff happened but I am from similar system a ''little better''...but this time ‘’Nigel’’ I can explain to you in way of one movie and if you don’t watch this movie already and if you ever have luck and find this movie just take it right away and watch I guarantee you ‘’surprise’’…after 2 hours of the movie you will not believe this something can happened in Europe in the East in 20th ….So I write you about this movie and I hope you can understand me…this movie is not about death…scary stuff…fiction…and usual stuff person can see this day’s from the Hollywood…So here we go…

The Witness (1969)
    This is one of the best comedies of all time in the history of cinema...but funny things all this are based on actual events…

No wonder the film was banned in Eastern system for 10 years and wasn't released in America until 1982 despite having been shoot in 1969!

''The Witness" takes places post-WW2 as the Soviets have already invaded the Eastern Bloc. This time in history for Hungary is known as the Rakosi era, which was based on Stalinism…

The Movie begin with simple words: But remember: those who don't trust us, don't trust themselves and those who don't trust us don't trust our bright future, either. And those who don't trust our happy, bright futures...are traitors….and show can begin….

I feel I should add some background to those who never lived in a totalitarian personality cult. An era where the best was to keep your mouth shut even among your best friends, for you could not be sure who will report on you. In an era where a big black car might have stopped at your house in the middle of the night to take you and never let you go again. In an era where when deciding about executives, it was your loyalty that mattered not your skill or know-how. Where everyone stated the lemon to be an orange, All the events described in this film are true…

Pelikan, the hero of "The Witness" certainly seems full of bliss and devoid of folly. He is a village dam-keeper. His job is to watch the waters of the local river and open the gates whenever the situation warrants. Played brilliantly by Ferenc Kallai, Pelikan's life is focused on his simple job and keeping his family fed. Unfortunately, one way to keep his family fed in a time of food shortages and strict rationing is to grow a pig and then slaughter it in secret. The consequences of this illegal act form the plot for the movie. No sooner has the film started than Pelikan gets caught with a basement full of pork products. Pelikan is carted off to prison. But, rather than imprisonment or execution Pelikan is wined and dined by high level party functionaries, released from prison and given a new and better job. Pelikan is spectacularly unsuited for the new job and disaster strikes. Again, he is carted off to jail and then wined, dined, and given another new job. One failure after another the incompetent Pelikán is elevated higher and higher on the communist echelon, all the while remaining completely clueless about his promotions. All Pelikan wants to do is get back to his dam. But the party has another job in store for him. He is expected to testify as a witness at the trial of another high level functionary being purged via a show trial. The trial and its aftermath provide the conclusion to the movie. As in most well-made `farces' the conclusion is not just funny but also thought provoking…

Although the regime softened a bit, in 1969 making this film was still not the safest thing to.

Get this movie if you like history or politics and you'd like to understand how a totalitarian state feels from the inside…because this is happened in Europe in 20th century and can happened again any time anywhere if peoples give up personal freedom….AMEN…

P.S. Good day to you Nigel and thanks again for your reply…

Forum Newbie
    All-About Meshech73p
    View Meshech73p's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trustblue127 View Post
    I'm wondering what happend to my previous comments, and now I see my comment in Baby Stuff was moved. Most every other comment still in the Baby Stuff is promoting their items. I'm wondering why mine was moved. I'm startng to notice a very certain bias on this selling site. It makes me wary of continuing.
    Sorry that happen. Don't know why

Thread Information