eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can our auctions be seen World wide?

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Can our auctions be seen World wide?

Shipping can be Calculated or Flat Rate.. It sounds as if you should use the Flat Rate option for your International Shipping if you dont use UPS, USPS or Fedex. You can then enter the price for any country you ship to using the shipping company you use.

Also, our invoicing system allows you to change the shipping destination country for international or zip for domestic, you can also add or subtract to the invoice before sending it to the buyer.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Hello Gazza--Thanks for the response. In your International shipping options you have 6 regions and 20 different countries. If I were to put a flat rate price for shipping in the box that I obtain for shipping to London, someone in Australia would see the same cost as would someone in Norway, South Africa, Canada, ect... However shipping to any of those countries the cost varies alot. Therefore by posting a shipping cost for any giving country would legally bind me to that cost. If I were a buyer looking at the cost plus shippng and I seen a fender for a 1950 Buick Roadmaster for $200.00 and shipping cost of $300.00 I would buy it knowing the total cost would be $500.00. Then when I get another invoice for $700.00 I would not buy it because the auction stated it was a total of $500.00. And to calculate every region and every country with port, business, or residential delivery, depending on each individual customer preferences is impossible until we know where the potential buyer is located and what their needs may be. Also if I post $0.00 for cost one could assume "free shipping". Here is an example---I just sold a truck box for a 1946 International KB-2 pickup truck to a gentleman in New Brunswick Canada--shipping cost by frieght was $539.00 to a business however he needed a home delivery and that raised it $55.00 more...another gentleman in Australia inquired and shipping cost to the port was $2449.00---which cost should I enter for a flat rate shipping cost? And now I need another truck box because the buyer in Australia wants me to ship him one...and if i posted 539.00 for shipping the buyer in Australia would have clicked buy it now with no hesitation---and if I posted 2449.00 for shipping the buyer in Canada would have continued searching elsewhere

I must add this truck box shipped on a 8 foot long by 6 foot wide pallet weighing a total of 500 pounds

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just had a look at a few of your auctions (I'm in UK) and it seemed the shipping prices worked out fine.
    Some of the tools I sell are very heavy and I don't list a shipping price on these for some countries.I reckon if someone is that keen and prepared to spent that amount of money they'll contact me to arrange shipping.
    Did you find any UK based forums to advertise your listings on?.

I havent found any as of yet...send me a "PM" if you know of some good forums or a place to look for them---also how many of the auctions can you see in the Uk?

Thread Information