eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can our auctions be seen World wide?

Default Can our auctions be seen World wide?

Hi--We are new here and I was wondering if our auctions/listings can be seen world wide. The shipping calculator does not provide and option that says we will ship world wide without putting a carrier with all the information or a flat rate, however we do ship world wide. Alot of out items do not fit in a shoe box and require searching differnt ways of shipping other than UPS and fedEx. We have been selling quite a bit of items to customers (in other venues) in Australia, Norway, Finland, Germany, ect... and the cheapest way is to freight them to an overseas shipper that fills crates. We obtain quotes when we have a prospective buyers in different regions around the world, and putting a flat rate in would be so far off. We have added to all our listings that we WILL ship world wide...so the question is, will only USA customers see this? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Can our auctions be seen World wide?

Quote Originally Posted by partspickers View Post
    Hi--We are new here and I was wondering if our auctions/listings can be seen world wide. The shipping calculator does not provide and option that says we will ship world wide without putting a carrier with all the information or a flat rate, however we do ship world wide. Alot of out items do not fit in a shoe box and require searching differnt ways of shipping other than UPS and fedEx. We have been selling quite a bit of items to customers (in other venues) in Australia, Norway, Finland, Germany, ect... and the cheapest way is to freight them to an overseas shipper that fills crates. We obtain quotes when we have a prospective buyers in different regions around the world, and putting a flat rate in would be so far off. We have added to all our listings that we WILL ship world wide...so the question is, will only USA customers see this? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi, I am in UK and I can see your items and it is showing a price for shipping on each item. Hope that helps, good luck with your sales.

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Hi--We are new here and I was wondering if our auctions/listings can be seen world wide.
    Your listings will be visible to every country where eBid is active that you include in your shipping information. If you do not list the country as somewhere you ship to, then that country will not be able to see your listings.

So only the small items can be seen...how would we get all the listings to show up...put $2000.00 shipping cost on them and explain in the listing that we will adjust the shipping cost on the invoice?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

So only the small items can be seen...how would we get all the listings to show up...put $2000.00 shipping cost on them and explain in the listing that we will adjust the shipping cost on the invoice?
    In section 2 (blue strip) you will have the option to tick all the countries you are willing to ship to.
    You have a Domestic shipping option and an International shipping option.

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Name:  snooping eyes.gif
Views: 182
Size:  17.5 KB

When you list your items in the international postage section just tick for all or put a check in the ones you want to ship to.

Thanks for the quick replies...however I may missed something on the shipping calculator..for instance if I have an item such as a door for a 1940 Ford Coupe--the door will weigh 75 lbs and be 47 X 45 X 10 inches and shipping cost with UPS to the Australia could be $900.00, And the way we ship with an overseas shipper that fills crates could cost a total of lets say $300.00. And to list the UPS rate will make the potential buyer run.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the quick replies...however I may missed something on the shipping calculator..for instance if I have an item such as a door for a 1940 Ford Coupe--the door will weigh 75 lbs and be 47 X 45 X 10 inches and shipping cost with UPS to the Australia could be $900.00, And the way we ship with an overseas shipper that fills crates could cost a total of lets say $300.00. And to list the UPS rate will make the potential buyer run.
    Select USPS Global Express for worldwide shipping. Should be a drop down menue.

Thanks Adruml--I tried that with the USPS Global Express and it will calculate a much higher price than what it will actually cost to ship with the overseas shippers that fill crates--I think the only option is to have is to have another tick in the shipping box that says we are willing to ship worldwide with "email seller for quote" so the auctions appear worldwide. On the other site the listings would show up world wide even with "local pickup only" and overseas buyers would either already have a shipper they knew of, or email asking for a quote.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Adruml--I tried that with the USPS Global Express and it will calculate a much higher price than what it will actually cost to ship with the overseas shippers that fill crates--I think the only option is to have is to have another tick in the shipping box that says we are willing to ship worldwide with "email seller for quote" so the auctions appear worldwide. On the other site the listings would show up world wide even with "local pickup only" and overseas buyers would either already have a shipper they knew of, or email asking for a quote.
    Be careful with that, once an auction is over the buyer gets an automatic invoice and it may show as 0 shipping cost. On mine since I can't ship a guitar to some countries but can to others I left the higher price shipping show with an explanation it will be reduced according to your location, email (via eBid questions) for shipping quote before you buy and I will send an invoice after the auction reflecting that shipping quote.
    Eventually I will take the time to figure which countries will allow up to 108" length plus girth Priority Mail and which ones must go Global express but until then this is what I use at least this way worldwide can see the auctions.

Thread Information