eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can our auctions be seen World wide?

Default Re: Can our auctions be seen World wide?

Yes that was a concern of mine (the invoice) and since I have not sold anything on here as of yet I dont know how the invoicing works, if you can adjust it prior to sending, or if it is automatically generated. We sell alot of larger items to Austrailia and I think 39 inches is the maximum length with USPS. Most of the buyers there know that and request we ship it to a shipper in California and opt for the shipping cost in the lower 48 states. The main issue is for them to be able to see the listings/auctions.

Wee I am on week 3 with not even a question from anyone...is there something wrong on my end?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi partspickers, welcome to eBid and the Forum. I can offer the following in the hopes that it helps you. You have a fabulous picture of a truck on your All About Me page but no details or info etc. You could look at an Avatar (Use the truck pic?) so that folks will have something to remember you by. You could also do a signature with link to your store.
    Your auction listings look good to me, nice pics, bid & BIN prices, so it looks ok there. I hope this helps and I hope you get some sales soon.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by partspickers View Post
    Wee I am on week 3 with not even a question from anyone...is there something wrong on my end?

If you came from the other side and you expect similar action on eBid well... that would be the thing your doing wrong. eBid is about self promoting and selling yourself. If you want to list then sit back and wait for a sale I'm afraid you will need to pay some higher fees for that luxury. Here on eBid we do not have millions upon millions of people browsing through every second of the day, so you will sell what you promote. You may get an occasional sale from a visitor browsing the site but for the most part unless you are responsible for bringing them here your items may not get looked at.

Hi Cheaver-I see you are in the UK--how many listings can you see that I have posted?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by partspickers View Post
    Hi Cheaver-I see you are in the UK--how many listings can you see that I have posted?
    22. Is that how many you wanted me to see?
    Your items will show in the countries you have selected to sell to. I hope this helps.

Have you thought of using the Plug Your Auctions thread? Allowed once per day. Must delete an old thread before beginning an new one - read the rules.
    Last edited by cheaver; 1st May 2011 at 09:44 PM.

Well I have 195 listings however the shipping costs for large items using the preferred shippers that ebid has listed would put the shipping so high---we do sell everything worldwide and do custom shipping by freight---so putting a fixed cost would be incorrect because every country is different--I chose to start on ebid because we sell alot of pars to customers in Europe and Austrailia...however they do not show up on ebid for those customers---ebid needs to have an option that allows the larger items to be seen world wide and then the customer can contact us for a custom shipping quote---I beleive that would intice alot of parts sellers to migrate to eBid

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Partspcikers

I know what you mean about shipping to various countries.

But the largest market is obviously the USA with 300 million people, so I suggest you get some sales going there first on ebid.
    Then think about Europe and Australia.

I am in New Zealand and I have not worked out the best shipping method.
    As it is cheaper for me to post to Australia, then the USA is next and finally the UK is the dearest, so I have been averaging my postage out.

Also I'd rename your About Me truck photo to something about the truck on your PC eg Ford 1938 Truck, then re-ulpoad it.
    It would then look pretty cool.

Also add something about yourself and what you sell and shipping and returns etc on your About Me page.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 2nd May 2011 at 03:57 AM.

On the eBid system, you have the option of selecting and showing what parts of the world you will sell to. That influences who is able to find and to buy your listings.

The way that I handle overseas sales on sites such as eBid is to ask overseas buyers to contact me for an estimate of shipping costs before buying. If they wish to go ahead and purchase once they have the estimate, I then ask them not to attempt payment until they have received an invoice from me with the correct postage / delivery charge. For large and fragile items such as windscreens, I give potential buyers the contact details of local freight companies so they can get estimates of the cost of building crates for the items and for the shipping before they buy. I will then deliver the item to the freight company free of charge. Because there are so many variables in servicing overseas orders, I have never found it practical to try to put the cost of all overseas delivery options into listings. For commercial businesses, it can be too time consuming to try to work out all overseas delivery options before the event and might not be a cost effective way of managing time.

Hi and thanks for the input--however I am wondering about the statment Adrum made on self promotion and bringing the customer to this site--I just sold another part I have listed on here, now should I have had my customer log into eBid and show him how to register so he could buy the hood from me that he found on my webstore?

Thread Information