Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping world wide --

Default Shipping world wide --

Hi--We are new here and we sell hard to find auto parts that are not reproduced, and liked the idea of eBid, because we noticed alot of sellers were in the UK and Australia where there are quite a few American car owners and restorers. The shipping calculator does not provide an option that says we will ship world wide without putting a carrier with all the information or a flat rate, however we do ship world wide. Alot of out items do not fit in a shoe box and require searching differnt ways of shipping other than UPS and FedEx. We have been selling quite a bit of items to customers (in other venues) in Australia, Norway, Finland, Germany, ect... and the cheapest way is to freight them to an overseas shipper that fills crates. We obtain quotes when we have a prospective buyers in different regions around the world, and putting a flat rate in would be so far off. We have added to all our listings that we WILL ship world wide...however we are understanding that thise listings can only be seen in the USA and no other regions world wide.

Is there a way to add-- Seller will ship worldwide--"contact seller for shipping quotes" or "Buyer responsibke to arrange shipping" or just a way for the items to be seen world wide and we can put an insert into the listings that they should email us to get a proper quote? Or even Local Pickup Only?

Also on the listings for the smaller items, that can be shipped in a small box, would it be possible to have a "Ship Worldwide" box that will highlight all countries in Ninja lister?
    Any suggestions or ideas would be greatl appriciated!

Thanks in advance!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Shipping world wide --

Not specifying the shipping is hazardous - I've tried "contact seller for quote" but buyers don't always read the listing. You can add it and with your items, I suspect the buyer will be more aware of the problems than with smaller stuff.

In Ninja lister, just duplicate the listing and then alter the bits that are different, thus keeping all the countries highlighted.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Details could be placed in Seller's Notice above your auctions & in your About Me Page policy details.

Thanks for the reply! the problem with highlighting all the countries it has to have a cost for the shipping in the flat rate box or weights and dimensions for calculating--leaving the flat rate cost 0.00 prospective buyers would think it is free shipping. The thing would be to have the items view world wide or to the selected countries and they can email for a rate on shipping, or be able to purchase with shipping in the lower 48 states and have it delivered to the overseas shipper they currently use in the states. Most of the customers we have dealt with are filling crates and shipping them overseas. From what I understand is customers outside of the USA can only view listings with either a flat rate or a calculated shipping cost.

How do we get these suggestions to the people in charge? Does this forum get monitored by the staff? Thanks

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by partspickers View Post
    How do we get these suggestions to the people in charge? Does this forum get monitored by the staff? Thanks
    As far as I know, eBid staff members monitor the forums on a regular basis. However, you could always e mail support with your suggestion.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thanks! How do you email them?

I was wondering if anyone has looked at this issue?

This needs to be looked at by the eBid staff too...plezzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by partspickers View Post
    This needs to be looked at by the eBid staff too...plezzzzzzzzz
    You can email support via the help tab at the top of the page or direct at support@ebid.tv you will receive a ticket number and someone will get back to you soon after that. It may well be tomorrow morning as support are in the UK and it's late evening here ! Hope you can get something sorted out.

Thread Information