My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Auction Listing question

Question Auction Listing question

I just listed an item for sale as an Auction. I have 2 of them available, however, when I tried to list Quantity 2, I was unable to enter Reserve Price. So I ended up listing Quantity 1. Now, what can I do with the identical item #2? Can I list it separately, and if I do, will this be considered a duplicate listing?

I am just trying to stay out of trouble.

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Auction Listing question

I think you have to do a dutch auction and I don't know how. Some one will be along shortly to help out.

Thanks, SherMari. I took a closer look around and found a thread that includes a link to the explanation of Dutch Auctions in the TOS. I wish that TOS would be more accessible to the sellers.

I ended up with listing one item only, with the Starting Price, Reserve Price, and BIN.

I think that Dutch Auction rules should be different for the Quantity of 2. Not everyone sells the Quantity of 20 or so.

Just my opinion.

I sell in quantities of two with Dutch Auctions, but I only use BIN. I have no idea how that would work with an actual auction type listing. Have you tried just listing it at the lowest price you would accept rather than with a reserve? I've heard bidding wars are rare here and that's usually the best way to go.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OvertheRainbow4U View Post
    Thanks, SherMari. I took a closer look around and found a thread that includes a link to the explanation of Dutch Auctions in the TOS. I wish that TOS would be more accessible to the sellers. .
    I clicked on help, then selling, then looked for multiple items as a term, and got here: http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#14 in three clicks. That seems pretty accessible to me, I must admit. The help pages did used to be fairly rubbish but these days they've improved quite a lot and are always worth a look if you're trying something that's new to you.

You can list 2 items if they are a fixed price, and as most auctions get one bid you may as well do it this way.

Will do.

I've found that if you wish to change a listing to a dutch auction (where the quantity is more than 1) - you have to end / close the listing, go to edit the listing to change the quantity to the number you have for sale, then make the listing live again. Same if you wish to change the listing downwards.

I hope that helps.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Thread Information