eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Listing Prices explained !

Default Re: Listing Prices explained !

sellingoldthings

I do not know who had the audacity to "critique" your selling price but they had no business doing so. Price is based on many facors. I do not base anyhting on what my purchase price was alone. I do lots of research and am working on becoming and expert in glassware. People do not realize sometimes the work that goes into even purchasing items to be sold online and time spent in travel, attending auctions, researching value of item, etc. With the cost of gas anything I found this week would not be considered reasonable I guess. I try to be fair with pricing, but also I believe if you list an item too low it devalues the product. I am sorry to hear you had this bad experience. You are running a business, what you charge is no one's business but yours.

I wish you good luck with your sales and keep a positive mental attitude.

I am hazeleyes767

We give all of our vendors this when promote Flea Markets. Hope you enjoy.

I hunt it, buy it, haul it, wash it, scrub it, repair it, fix it, patch it, label it, catalog it, frame it, display it, brag about it, pay insurance on it, sometimes break it---------Now how can I take any less.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SellingOldThings View Post
    Hi Everyone !

Recently I was chastised for inflating my listing price for an item.

I do not inflate the price that I expect my listed items to sell for. I do a great deal of research on the Internet and reference books trying to arrive at a reasonable price that the buying public will notice. I will not give items away by starting an auction @ 99 cents or a dollar. If I determine that an item is valued at $ 50 during my research, then I will usually start my auction @ $ 30. I normally list @ 60% of researched value - sometimes @ 50%.

As my listings state, I am not an expert in the field of Glassware, etc. What I am is a person who is very diligent in his research. If a listing of mine is in error price-wise, please send me a note stating the reason for your appraisal. I will re-evaluate the situation and respond according to any new information on the subject.

I do not want anyone to feel that I am inflating prices - only what I feel is an honest attempt to get a fair price on my merchandise.

Thanks for listening to my rant-of-the-day !

marty
    What # of your listing.. so I can read the Q&A .

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Things like collectibles can't be inflated, as there is no retail price to compare it to !
    So how can anyone say your prices were inflated ?

Some people have noticed sellers on ebid pricing their items higher than the same item on other sites.
    That to me is silly as ebid has lower fees, so you should be able to sell for the same price or lower.

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post

I hunt it, buy it, haul it, wash it, scrub it, repair it, fix it, patch it, label it, catalog it, frame it, display it, brag about it, pay insurance on it, sometimes break it---------Now how can I take any less.
    Ohhhh, I like this! Thank you.

Especially "scrub it" (some of this old stuff is really grubby).

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post

I'm not sure what the difference is between repair and fix, but both would make me worry the item was broken! Love the rest though. You might want to think about "store it" and/or "protect it" too.

If I was looking for something, well say a cup or saucer or a lid to match a set I had, I think I would be relieved just to find it! And I would expect to pay a little bit more than the original shop price, especially for an older item.
    So in one way it may be a little highly priced, but to me it would be 'wow great thanks'....

Just a thought!
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

If only consumers could, or should i say would band together and blank companies that overcharge.

FBNeNotes -
    Listing # was 42564506 but he did not say anything on eBid. This was an antagonist from the "Darkside" that wanted to keep up his badgering & name-calling on this particular item. He was miffed because he was too cheap to meet my Reserve Price on that site - he made a bid that was half of my reserve & thought he should have gotten the item anyway. SORRY - Reserve not met so auction closed - no winners.
    He & I had exchanged emails during the course of the auction with negative comments flowing. It is no big deal now - I have him on ignore so I consider the case closed.

SherMari -
    No - it was actually on the Imperial Golden Shoji Hospitality Bowl that he made the comment & via private email.

Thread Information