Thread: ✿ eBid blogs, blogging, bloggers list ✿

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ✿ eBid blogs, blogging, bloggers list ✿

You have written a lot this year already!
    I too have a number of started projects sitting in my work room and am determined to finish at least half of them this year. But I am not holding my breath

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    You have written a lot this year already!
    I too have a number of started projects sitting in my work room and am determined to finish at least half of them this year. But I am not holding my breath
    I should probably blog about your loaf, it definitely counts as a project.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I should probably blog about your loaf, it definitely counts as a project.
    It's always good to use your loaf!!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    It's always good to use your loaf!!
    Oh, well played.

OK - Pinterest works... I hope to learn how ! I've had five visitors to the blog this morning via there and I haven't pinned my own stuff ?? I understand that you can do that but not only your own - seen as bad manners! I pinned a pic from daughter's blog and she started getting visitors within 4 minutes!!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK - Pinterest works... I hope to learn how ! I've had five visitors to the blog this morning via there and I haven't pinned my own stuff ?? I understand that you can do that but not only your own - seen as bad manners! I pinned a pic from daughter's blog and she started getting visitors within 4 minutes!!
    Not heard of it, thanks for the heads-up, I'll take a look.

Does everyone know about linking ( sometimes - link or linky) parties? If you do and I'm teaching you to suck eggs - sorry but thought others might like to know.

Basically a blogger hosts a "party" via a linking service and invites other bloggers to join in! There are loads of "parties" taking place in the craft blog world and for recipe/cookery blogs etc - but I imagine they exist amongst other interest groups as well (I just haven't looked for those).

In the craft world the invitation is usually to share/post a link to a picture of a current tutorial, new or recently finished project etc. The thumbnails then appear in a mosaic on the host site for others to see, admire and be inspired by. By clicking the image visitors can go to the original site to read more. Some parties last a week and then close - others start a new one each month which carries on throughout the month. Rules for taking part vary but are usually straightforward and mainly consist of asking those who post their projects to "play the game" and at least make a comment or two about someone else's work that you admire etc.

It is a great way of finding blogs that you might like to read regularly and spreading your own profile. A very effective way of bringing traffic to your site! Often the hosts have very popular blogs and the parties allow less popular/known sites to link there and be seen by another and larger group of people. It also creates a backlink to your blog and helps search engine ratings. If people visit your blog via a popular site that also gets you noticed by google.

Some people seem to make a habit of posting on all available parties with the same project - others pick and choose where to place them or move around at different times.

I spent a little time searching for craft related link parties and had no problem finding 34 that started on a Monday and I very much doubt that I found anything like them all!! There are others starting each day of the week. Any eBid crafty bloggers (that sounds a little rude!) who would like a copy of the list I have gathered so far are welcome to have it - just send me a PM with your email address)

A "blog hop" appears to be something slightly different. Again it is hosted by one blogger and other bloggers volunteer or are invited to host a post on a certain day - usually on a theme. The host then adds a list of the blogs to visit on each day ;- eg a "Christmas in July Blog Hop" might take visitors on a tour of blogs over, say, ten days where each presents a tutorial suitable for a Christmas gift etc.

Hope that makes sense and will help some eBid bloggers.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Does everyone know about linking ( sometimes - link or linky) parties? If you do and I'm teaching you to suck eggs - sorry but thought others might like to know....

Hope that makes sense and will help some eBid bloggers.
    Excellent information, thank you. I'd never heard of these things - you would find it difficult to underestimate my lack of knowledge about all things blogging!

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Excellent information, thank you. I'd never heard of these things - you would find it difficult to underestimate my lack of knowledge about all things blogging!
    I know nothing - but I do get excited when I find out something that may be useful and I'm keen to share! I think this thread is great - could be really useful for developing the skills and knowledge of eBid bloggers. So if anyone else has discovered anything useful to us all I hope they will tell us! Every new thing is a complete revelation to me!!

Good grief - I've used "useful" three times in that post! I hope I am more careful on the blog!!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have learned so much, now I just need to retain the information and use it

Thread Information